• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nol

Nerdians of the Fitalaxy!

nerdians.png

In this Enlightened corner of the Fitalaxy, six Nerdians have embarked on a life-altering journey.

Adventurers, assassin, ranger, scout and Monk, born many light years apart,

it is their fierceness, their tenacity and an immoderate love for hilarious gifs that brought them together.

Aboard the Milano (or a good pair of trainers), they are ready to rocket through the cosmos in an Epic Quest for

Legendary Health and Strength.

These Nerdians fear nothing. Hundreds of hours of cardio, tons of weight lifting, thousands of push-ups and squats, dozens of kilos (and ounces) of paleo food, pools of sweat and tears can only reinforce their determination to beat the odds and reach Master Level of Self-Confidence.

(Provided there is a good Power Rangers gif at the end of day).

• Like 2

rules.png

tumblr_n189qnwkRf1s4c5r9o1_250.gif

I. Daily gif/picture/meme mandatory.

Inspirational, illustrative, hilarious. Anything. (More than once a day is also allowed.)

II. Follow your comrades' challenges.

III. Post on comrades' challenges twice a week.

IV. Complete the weekly mini-challenges.

:neglected:  Penalty for forgetting a rule :neglected:

10 push-ups or 10 burpees  or 20 calf-raises or 20 squats or 30 jumping jacks. Choose your favourite, moahahaha!

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-GIF.gif

V. Optional but recommended: BE HAPPY!

IF WE'RE COSPLAYING OUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS THEN I AM CHOOSING KAMALA KHAN

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 4

My challenge is up and live!

Yay! *imagoandreadtherestofmybooknow*

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

NERDIANS!

I am so excited about this. I just got back from holidays so still working on my challenge. I had to abandon my last challenge and I'm so happy to have you because I know together we'll rock this challenge!

tumblr_inline_nh9i3dr9VV1ri1e9y.gif

• Like 3

Can we have like a Skype group or a group chat thing we plan and support and discuss and stuff

• Like 1

Can we have like a Skype group or a group chat thing we plan and support and discuss and stuff

Yes, that would be great! :)

I actually like Skype better than Hangout for chatting. Anyone more in favour of a Google hangout, or another medium?

Suggestion:

Weekly CHAT on Sundays (supposing no one goes to church...)

possible times:

Mera => 5PM or 6PM

Shulkie => 11AM or noon

Hans => 9PM or 10PM (is that not too late?)

Nikki => 9AM or 10AM (is that not too early?)

Coder => what's your time zone? ^_^

Nol => 4PM or 5PM

Say YES or NO. Stating any preferred time/day.

(alternatively, fill in Ze Doodle. I put in UK time because it's mine, but the time slots should be converted to your time zone when you open the doodle, just check if it corresponds to the times suggested above).

• Like 1

MINI CHALLENGE #1

Pinterest-10-10.gif

What is it that you really want to achieve right now, at this point of your life? In fitness, in life, as a person. What do you dream of? (yes, we're talking sometimes crazy, potentially megalomaniac, not necessarily 100% realistic but oh, so exciting D.R.E.A.M.S. If your dreams aren't of megalomaniac nature **is it just me?** that's perfectly fine too!) Right now. What fuels your ambition?

Does anyone represent some of these key characteristics in your eyes? Pick a fictional or real-life character (or two max) who really makes your heart beat faster, your eyes sparkle and your imagination go swooosh!

What is your main weakness/difficulty that might get in your way? I'm sure there's several things (because we're mere mortals with many flaws), but think right now, think of your previous challenges on NF and this past year's experiences, what is it that keeps getting in the way?

Once you've decided on an answer to each question, write us a neat little post with a cool picture of your inspiration person/character. I'll add the answer as they come in our BRAND NEW AND SHINY AND EXUDING SHEHULKIAN TALENT :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

halloffame.png

Mountie Real-life Superhero and Ultimate Bad Ass

Rides motorcycles, shoots guns... a stunt driving cop who can run a thousand kilometers and will change the world for the better! Not held back by anything. And a body that looks hawt in a spandex superhero body suit of course!

scarlett_johansson_black_widow-1024x640.

Watch out for:

- Self-sabotaging lack of self-esteem and self-indulgence

- The Sloth!

- Week 4 and beyond

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commanding Kick-Ass Princess Warrior

A fearless young woman on her way to become that fit, healthy, happy person who makes the most of life. Sick and tired of the unhealthy feeling body. Deciding it's time to get seriously bad ass and slay some lifestyle vampires.

DHzOORx.jpg

Watch out for:

- The Schweinehund!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Fit Agent of World Peace Surgeon and Illustrator

A surgeon But. Also. An. Artist. For. Disney. With the fittest fit that fit body can ever fit! Proud of a thrilling and exciting life.

Above all, helping people and striving for a peaceful, united, cultured and loving world.

d099e1d8999ef6c9f520e73ac27852d0.jpg

4108263b66d618151c5f303e0d180bd6.jpg

Watch out for:

- Not taking things seriously, especially monitoring food

- Master Evil Procrastination

- Unstable motivation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Big Shot Producer and Business Owner who can smash whatever danger with her Godly Strength

Owner of a production company, making everything from indie films to Netflix-direct series. CREATES. Takes charge and takes on whatever opportunity arises. Fighting with a broadsword; making ALL the cosplays; visiting Iceland and New Zealand; learning; studying...

Most importantly happy and content with life.

In remission of Rheumatoid Arthritis, anxiety and depression under-control. No need of medication anymore. Healthy, strong, a size 10 full of muscle who lift double her body weight.

b2e2c7bbfa984861c97713fa798e4b37.jpg

d867c6050b15ca11c3e3503f5621eb40.jpg

Watch out for:

- Self-deprecation and low self-esteem

- Giving too much at once and having no energy left

- Not knowing how to accept compliments

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fearless Adventurer and Explorer of the Extreme

Does pull ups on jungle gyms, benches her bodyweight and squats twice that and cranks out hand stand push ups at sun rise. An extreme explorer running on rooftops, swimming in oceans, climbing mountains and jumping out of planes.

Survived multiple (sometimes life saving) surgeries. Done being weak.

This adventurer is ready to conquer the world. Ready for LIFE to begin.

280px-Thor2_TDW-LadySif.jpg

Watch out for:

- Habits of too much calm and quiet, hours spent knitting

- Rapid loss of motivation

- Losing track of food

- Staying in comfort zone when it comes to exercising

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 3

I'm squealing from excitement!

...I very much like my little graphics, haha. 

I'm almost done with the graphics for my challenge so that'll be up and ready to go soon.

All the info is there, I'm just prettifying it.

CHALLENGE #3

...also, can I be Commander She-Hulk? xD (I'm following Starfleet ranks).

• Like 2

Yes, that would be great! :)

I actually like Skype better than Hangout for chatting. Anyone more in favour of a Google hangout, or another medium?

Suggestion:

Weekly CHAT on Sundays (supposing no one goes to church...)

possible times:

Mera => 5PM or 6PM

Shulkie => 11AM or noon

Hans => 9PM or 10PM (is that not too late?)

Nikki => 9AM or 10AM (is that not too early?)

Coder => what's your time zone? ^_^

Nol => 4PM or 5PM

Say YES or NO. Stating any preferred time/day.

(alternatively, fill in Ze Doodle. I put in UK time because it's mine, but the time slots should be converted to your time zone when you open the doodle, just check if it corresponds to the times suggested above).

Time zone is EST (11 AM to noon). Also filled out the survey :)

• Like 1

I am good with whatever, just let me know so I can make an account or whatever. I already have skype though so that would be easiest!

And don't worry Nol, those times are good for me!! 

What is it that you really want to achieve right now, at this point of your life? In fitness, in life, as a person. What do you dream of? (yes, we're talking sometimes crazy, potentially megalomaniac, not necessarily 100% realistic but oh, so exciting D.R.E.A.M.S. If your dreams aren't of megalomaniac nature **is it just me?** that's perfectly fine too!) Right now. What fuels your ambition?

Does anyone represent some of these key characteristics in your eyes? Pick a fictional or real-life character (or two max) who really makes your heart beat faster, your eyes sparkle and your imagination go swooosh!

What is your main weakness/difficulty that might get in your way? I'm sure there's several things (because we're mere mortals with many flaws), but think right now, think of your previous challenges on NF and this past year's experiences, what is it that keeps getting in the way?

Firstly, I will honestly admit that I want to be a total and utter bad ass! I want to ride a motorcycle, shoot guns, learn to stunt drive, be a cop, run a thousand kilometers (or miles, I am not picky). I want to travel, be a superhero! Change the world, even if it's not recognized by others. I want to run freely and not be held back by anything. not money not my physical appearance, not naysayers or haters. I want to love myself physically completely and utterly ( I know that sounds like a dirty joke). I also want a body that looks hawt in a spandex superhero body suit! What I want can be achievable to a degree. I can't really be a superhero, but I think being a Mountie is close enough. 

Who is my inspiration. The same lady who has the same first name as me from the world of Marvel!

scarlett_johansson_black_widow-1024x640.

Like a Black Widow baby! ;)

Natasha Romanoff (btw my real name is Natasha Nikki is just a handle I use) is my favorite Russian spy. Rockin' body, sassy to boot and all around a bad ass woman who doesn't need a superpower to be a superhero!! 

Weaknesses?

there are many

- self indulgence

- self sabotaging

- not a good self motivator

- lazy

I am terribly self indulgent, I want what I want right now and if I have to wait, I struggle, so if I crave fast food, I will struggle to convince myself that the long term goal is better than the immediate satisfaction.

I can sabotage myself like no one else, if they say something I will at first say that that is not true, but on the inside, my brain plays nasty little tricks and says "of course this is true" like it's always been. In this scenario, my crippling self esteem will tell me that nothing can change, that I will be a big girl forever and should just learn to love me as me, because big is now beautiful. So it sounds sweet and ego boosting, but the ulterior motives tell me that it's so I can't fail when I try to change the trap I am in. 

I am a strong starter, I make the plan and I walk the walk and talk the talk, but about 4-5 weeks in, I just lag... and that's when I need the motivation the most. It's at this point that I fall prey to the self sabotaging and fall off the goal wagon. 

And lastly, I am lazy. I will find the easiest way to do things and everything I want to do is HARD!! this is where all the other factors enable this horrible trait and begin the unraveling of my noble goals.

and that's it!

• Like 3

Love this answer Nikki!!! :D

Maybe a side-goal of your challenge could be to work on Self-confidence and self-love with regular Acts of Self-care? Something to remind yourself that you're an awesome person, who deserves to be self-confident and fearless. You can add them as a bonus, this way there's no pressure about it, it's just an extra treat :)

Also, Natasha is such a beautiful name!

• Like 1

What is it that you really want to achieve right now, at this point of your life?

My ambitions! Wow! (It'snotjustyouNolsy) I, too, have BIG DREAMS! My first dream is to be fit and and strong! I want to be like Lara Croft! Really fit! The fittest fit my fit body can ever fit! That's what I want~

I want to be a surgeon But. Also. Become. An. Artist. For. Disney. With my sister. I want to help people through not only my medicinal knowledge but also through art and sketching! I know it sounds crazy but--hey! People thought Steve Jobs was crazy too! We've a model in Pakistan who was originally a dentist~

I d k. I just want to be proud of myself. Just that, I guess. I don't want a boring mediocre life, I want to live! That's what I want for myself.

Oh! World peace! I cannot stress this enough that I want to help in achieving world peace! I want the people to realise the benefits of a united US! Nothing is more rewarding than a peaceful, united, cultured and loving world AND I want a hand in that.

Does anyone represent some of these key characteristics in your eyes?

AH! Real life character would be Ellie Goulding! She's the reason why I became a runner. She is amazing~

d099e1d8999ef6c9f520e73ac27852d0.jpg

Lara Croft! Because. Why. Not. Look. At. What. She. Can. Do. I. Mean. Wow.

4108263b66d618151c5f303e0d180bd6.jpg

What is your main weakness/difficulty that might get in your way?

Hmmm..... Oh! I got it!

My weaknesses:

1. ALL ABOARD THE S.S Procrastination. I am like a well oiled machine that refuses to cooperate ultimately turning itself into machine ruins! I want to not do this to myself.

I've achieved so much and I don't want to lose this progress now!

2. Prone to losing motivation and I don't know how it can just spontaneously and abruptly cease to exist?!! I just lose it like it wasn't there in the first place~ I think my weak resolves are to blame here but I've gotten through so many things; struggled and fought so much hardship then why weaken now? How can you weaken now?

3. Unserious and FOODY! Like. I. Need. Help. Here.

(Can't think if anything else to write plus, I am awfully tired here. So. Here. You. Go)

------------------------------------------------

• Like 5

Alright, so here goes:

What is it that you really want to achieve right now, at this point of your life?

I feel I've outgrown the life style I used to have in my 20s around for too long. Lots of booze and cigarettes, unhealthy food, not much exercise and so on. I still love going out and meeting with friends and being social but I'm sick and tired (literally) of the hangovers, unhealthy feeling body, spending entire weekends on the sofa, weezing lungs and emptiness in my wallet. 

It's time to grow up, get fit, get healthy and get badass. Because I know it makes me feel great. So I dream of being that person, fit, healthy, happy, making the most of life...

Does anyone represent some of these key characteristics in your eyes

Buffy and Xena

DHzOORx.jpg

What is your main weakness/difficulty that might get in your way? 

My main weekness is will power. My inner pig-dog (Schweinehund as we say in German) can be really loud sometimes telling me it's ok to skip dance class and stay on the sofa cause it's cold, it's ok to have a bit (lot) too much wine cause I'm having fun, it's ok to have a smoke because I haven't smoked in months and so forth. 

The little bastard...

226_bild_groesser.png

and before I forget: gif of the day "how I should be reacting when the Schweinehund comes knocking"

xena-warrior-princess-2-o.gif

• Like 4

Lol! Schweiny~ :L

Lara-Croft-Har-Har.jpg

• Like 2

tumblr_lypbkx7vzH1qau345o3_250.gif

LETS GO LADIES! WE CAN *karaoke* DO THIS!

• Like 1

Today's Gif/feeling

Body says...200.gif

lol today has been a new change in just about everything.. I thought it ironic that we started this challenge today.. My start/end times at work changed and so did my lunch hour, I have also increased my calorie intake as I should anyways (as I am always calorie deficient) but also the Insanity workout burns major calories and if I don't eat enough I feel really crappy.

So this morning I was ssooo full, but since my lunch is later, my body is doing the hungry shakes because it wants to eat.. but I was sooo full on break I could not bring myself to eat my snack!!

• Like 2