• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nol

Nerdians of the Fitalaxy!

Hi guys!!

I have no excuse for today, I just FORGOT about out skype session!! I feel so bad!

My mum was visiting for the week-end and we were just walking around town all day, chatting and having a cuppa... having so much fun that everything else disappeared.

Anyway. This is the end of our challenge!

How are you feeling?

Did you notice changes and improvements?

What do you have in mind for next challenge? (will you be there next challenge?)

Do you have a battle log for in between?

I wanted to thank you all girls for joining on this Nerdian expedition! It made my whole NF experience completely different (and I hope it did for you as well). I love hearing about your day/week, skyping (even if I forgot today, I really love those skype talks), sharing stuff here. And just being part of the Nerdians!!

I hope we can continue next challenge.

I felt that this challenge was a little different than those before, although I personally never Aced a challenge ^_^, everything felt a little slower and less passionate, even though in the end there was also less of a dip in the middle. What do you think?

I hope that next challenge will bring more energy (I blame Winter for making things so dead), and even though I didn't achieve a lot this time, I think that sharing those mini challenges with you guys, and hearing about all your experiences throughout the challenge, helped me rethink my commitment (or just think it fully) and find a deeper motivation.

I wasn't sure why I wanted to get fitter, I didn't really believe I could anyway, and I think that now, it seems to be really part of my way of life, more than ever before (HabitRPG helps a lot with that too!) Sharing those 6 weeks with you guys made fitness more tangible and more "realistic"... I'm not sure how to put it. It just feels closer and more me :)

Thanks for this!!! I really hope we keep the Nerdians alive :D

Friends_forever_scrubs_musical.gif

Yay Nerdians! Thanks for getting us all together Nol! I'm sorry I missed the Skype session too. I totally forgot it was Sunday :*(

How are you feeling?

I feel pretty good about this challenge. Despite not meeting all of my goals, I kept trying and didn't give up. That's a huge success in my book. I'm also glad that I had you guys for support. There's no way I would have gotten this far without you guys. Are you thinking about doing the next challenge? If so, I'm totally game for keeping the Nerdians alive in the next challenge! 

Yes actually. My mind set has changed quite a bit. I began this challenge worried that my challenge wasn't "hardcore" enough and comparing myself to others. Through this challenge I've learned that little changes are WAY more important than big crazy goals. I've also learned that I'm on my own path and that there's no point in comparing myself to another person. Everyone is on their own path with their challenges. In short, I am a beautiful snowflake!

What do you have in mind for next challenge? (will you be there next challenge?)

Next challenge I"m going to break down my fitness goals even further so they are easier to track. "Work out 3 times a day" will turn in to "be physically active for at least 10 minutes everyday". I'm also going to focus more on my career. Right now I'm stuck in a dead end job, despite being in a high demand field. It's time for change, so I'm going to take some online classes to learn programming. I've tried before but given up. This time will be different

Yes I do, it's in my signature. :D

I look forward to cheering you all on in your battle logs and in the next challenge!

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-image.jpg

• Like 1

It's oveerrrr.... I still need to do my weekend catch up and then grades and the like, but CONGRATS EVERYONE.

In other news.... my lawsuit money came through and I paid off my college loans in full! HUZZAH! Now that it's done I can talk about it. I sued my school after slipping on inch thick ice that coated the stairs into my dormitory. It was the middle of the day, hadn't snowed in a week and there were multiple reports of ice in that location prior to. They never put salt down or put a bucket for the students to put it down. I broke my tibia and fibula and four years later I'm out of debt. 

*falls over*

I also bought a new pair of shoes (two, really) for finishing the challenge. One for interviews and the other for running.

• Like 1

Done already? Woooooooooooow~ Time surely flies when you're having fun, right?

How are you feeling?

Amazing! Awesome! Fantastic! Amidst the black clouds of doubt and binge, joy truly stands out. I mean this challenge could've been better but it wasn't worse!

I've lost a couple of inches from my chest, waist and butt WHICH HAS BEEN THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS CHALLENGE! I've drawn some great pieces and MOST OF ALL! I've met you guys! WHAT MORE DOES ONE WANT?

HELL TO THE YES I HAVE! I've become fairly active, not afraid of drawing AND I have added more points to my strength and stamina tally! THOUGH, now, I have to work on my appetite which has led to me making bad decisions. Yup! Control appetite. .

Moral of my story? Work on the good new changes made and make them a permanent part of life.

In with the awesomeness, out with the yuckiness.

What do you have in mind for next challenge? (will you be there next challenge?)HECK YES? Gotta control myself, no? Just have to remain grounded and not take too much on myself the next time

URMM! I dk. What do you do with a battle log? Do I need it? Do I want to make it? Idk idk

ANYWAY! THANKS LADIES! YOUVE ALL BEEN THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY CHALLENGE AND I HOPE WE TAKE THIS GROUP TO NEW HEIGHTS AND OUR FRIENDSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

See ya! :D

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mera said:

Hello? Anybody here? 

tenor.gif

Hum, yes, I guess...

Mera, are you back on NF ???

I've been thinking about coming back as well recently.

Will our beautiful girls answer Mera's call? :D

• Like 2

Funny story, I was just thinking about you guys the other day and just hadn't gotten around to booting the site back up. 

But I am here still. 

• Like 2

NOL !!! NIKKI !!! :congratulatory:

Holy crap! How have you been?

Yeah, I just created myself a new challenge.

Back to Level 1 like:

tumblr_niv96fi9GC1u9pdbco1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, Mera said:

NOL !!! NIKKI !!! :congratulatory:

Holy crap! How have you been?

Yeah, I just created myself a new challenge.

Back to Level 1 like:

tumblr_niv96fi9GC1u9pdbco1_500.gif

That is a loaded question haha. so much is different.. and still the same.. still trying to get fit!! 

How the heck are you??

I am going to wait for the next challenge because I am on vacation next week for 2.5 weeks... won't be seeing much of a gym in that time and eating wayyy too many carbs.. But I will cheer you on anyways!! you go girl!

2 minutes ago, Nikki222 said:

That is a loaded question haha. so much is different.. and still the same.. still trying to get fit!! 

Haha, same here. I think I'm still in the exact same shape that I was in 4 years ago. Although I did quit drinking and smoking so I guess that's something  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy your holidays with all the awesome food!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mera said:

Haha, same here. I think I'm still in the exact same shape that I was in 4 years ago. Although I did quit drinking and smoking so I guess that's something  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy your holidays with all the awesome food!!!

Yassss those are huge accomplishments!!! that's amazing!!!

• Like 1

Hi Nikki!! :D

It's a great feeling to see your posts on here! I missed you girls :sorrow:

Mera, CONGRATULATIONS, it's absolutely amazing that you stopped both tobacco and alcohol!

Fitness is first and foremost about health, right? then you can buil up stamina, strength, flexibility... so, wow, good job!

Hopefully we can do next challenge together then! And maybe with more than three of us ;)

Nikki, I hope you have a wonderful holiday and come back happy, well-rested and refreshed!

I'm also pretty much at the same level of physical prowess, haha! But waaaaay healthier. I've learned to stabilise my autoimmune condition and completely eliminated my IBS, so life is incredibly easier and more pleasant now!

Maybe a good time to get back on NF and work on the stats.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nol said:

Hopefully we can do next challenge together then! And maybe with more than three of us ;)

Nikki, I hope you have a wonderful holiday and come back happy, well-rested and refreshed!

I'm also pretty much at the same level of physical prowess, haha! But waaaaay healthier. I've learned to stabilise my autoimmune condition and completely eliminated my IBS, so life is incredibly easier and more pleasant now!

I am so in for the next challenge!! 

I will definitely be having a great holiday, actually I am headed to your area of the world Nol, part of my vacation is in Paris. I have never been before!

And congrats! on stabilising your autoimmune condition, that is no easy task!

I was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year, so I am only beginning to get my hormones balanced. 

51 minutes ago, Nikki222 said:

I am so in for the next challenge!! 

I will definitely be having a great holiday, actually I am headed to your area of the world Nol, part of my vacation is in Paris. I have never been before!

And congrats! on stabilising your autoimmune condition, that is no easy task!

I was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year, so I am only beginning to get my hormones balanced. 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!

I only know the basics about PCOS but if you get frustrated with it and need to talk about chronic illness, I'm here! I hope Shehulk sees this, she's the wisest and has the best advice.

Awesome for your holiday though! I now live in Portugal, in case that's part of your itinerary, give me a shout and I'll buy (or make) you dinner :D

Mera was in France back then too, where are you now?

2 hours ago, Nol said:

Mera was in France back then too, where are you now?

I'm still in Lyon, but will be moving to Sweden early next year :)