The Tent | Ranger General Chatter

Hammlin

Where are you, Chicago?  Because that's exactly what it's like here today.  I wore four layers just to go to the gym, and flatly refuse to leave my apartment unless I absolutely must.

Koo is in Madison, but I'm in Chicago!  [The actual city, not Chicago-land :D ]

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

Great Lakes residents unite indeed! Unite in our frozen, bitter tundra of DOOM [emoji12]

Koo is in Madison, but I'm in Chicago! [The actual city, not Chicago-land :D ]

Really?! Where in the city? I'm in Lincoln Park. Confession: I met up with two nerds in Switzerland, but have never been sociable with any of the Americans.

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Great Lakes residents unite indeed! Unite in our frozen, bitter tundra of DOOM [emoji12]

Really?! Where in the city? I'm in Lincoln Park. Confession: I met up with two nerds in Switzerland, but have never been sociable with any of the Americans.

Just a bit north of you in Lakeview. More like nort central lake roscoeville. Near the Paulina brown stop.

I guess you are just going to have to meet Americans now.

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

hey team, not sure sure when the Ranger challenges will begin, so if no one minds I'll chuck one up for this week and continuous weeks until we get one

you don't have to join in, but if you are looking for a wee bit of a challenge and getting involved then it would be great to have ya

hope no one minds?

• Like 8

hey team, not sure sure when the Ranger challenges will begin, so if no one minds I'll chuck one up for this week and continuous weeks until we get one

you don't have to join in, but if you are looking for a wee bit of a challenge and getting involved then it would be great to have ya

hope no one minds?

Go for it mate, always good to have another optional thing to do.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Hey all!  New member to Nerd Fitness and even newer to the classes and class challenges.  

I've been snooping around the outskirts of the forums for around trying to get a handle on where I fit in.

Since Captain America is my favorite superhero, I figured I wanted to go with a class that showed both strength and endurance, thus fitting in with the Rangers here.

If anyone has any threads that introduce me to the class and to challenges, I would greatly appreciate it.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 1

Hey all!  New member to Nerd Fitness and even newer to the classes and class challenges.  

I've been snooping around the outskirts of the forums for around trying to get a handle on where I fit in.

Since Captain America is my favorite superhero, I figured I wanted to go with a class that showed both strength and endurance, thus fitting in with the Rangers here.

If anyone has any threads that introduce me to the class and to challenges, I would greatly appreciate it.

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, if you want in on this 6-week challenge, you can find the "Recruits" threads here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/410-recruit/

That's where you'll make your own challenge thread and keep track of progress. You'll notice most of us have links to ours in our signatures.

As for the "how-to", that info will all be here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/253-rulesfaq/

spezzy's definitive guide to challenges is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/

Essentially, you set some goals, keep track of 'em on your thread. You can choose to join Accountability groups, many of which will add extra mini-challenges, but Blaidd usually has some fun mini-challenges in the L1 "Campus Tour" thread here, designed to help you learn to use the forums, if you're not already an experienced forumite.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

I just wanted to ask, is it ok if I join in here even though this is my first challenge? I made my thread in the rangers section before I noticed it said to make it in the recruit section, but I think I understand everything enough to be able to join in here. I'll keep an eye on the challenges in the recruit section too to make sure I don't miss out on any important information, but I've been lurking a bit since I joined and I think I understand the ins and outs of it all enough. 

Disaidra lvl 2
 Half-Elf  
 Ranger/Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1
Current Quest Log 
 |  Myfitnesspal

The Cutlasses (currently ashore) 

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi Cap! :) This is my first class-specific challenge too. There are a lot of good threads over here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/253-rulesfaq/Hope that helps!

Edit: Oops, tons of people beat me to it before my timeline refreshed. Sorry for the duplicate info but welcome anyway!

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

hope no one minds?

Excellent! I was just about to ask if there were any mini challenges yet. 

Challenge away, sir!

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

Hi There! Just back in town. Daniel, it sounds good to me, but it would probably be good to PM Hammi first and check with her (I mean, of course you can post a sort of informal challenge, but she may also have a plan for something more formal).

New NFer's, it really is best to post your thread in the level 1 group rather than the rangers (if you do post it in the Rangers, an admin may move it for you). BUT...you are very welcome to hang out here regardless of where your thread is. We are a friendly group :-)

I'm feeling like quite the "bossypants" today.

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

New NFer's, it really is best to post your thread in the level 1 group rather than the rangers (if you do post it in the Rangers, an admin may move it for you). BUT...you are very welcome to hang out here regardless of where your thread is. We are a friendly group :-)

I'm feeling like quite the "bossypants" today.

I got the impression when i was in the L1's last challenge that they were making it kind of more of a requirement to do a recruit challenge before moving to guilds... but i know I was in the chatter room in a few guilds (trying to figure out where I belonged) for most of last challenge

Also a lot of the mini challenges in recruits makes it way less overwhelming to understand everything that is NF challenges, they walk you through how to set up smart goals, signature lines... all that... 

• Like 2

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

I got the impression when i was in the L1's last challenge that they were making it kind of more of a requirement to do a recruit challenge before moving to guilds... but i know I was in the chatter room in a few guilds (trying to figure out where I belonged) for most of last challenge

Also a lot of the mini challenges in recruits makes it way less overwhelming to understand everything that is NF challenges, they walk you through how to set up smart goals, signature lines... all that... 

OK,  I don't mind either way :) It's just because my thread is in Rangers and I didn't want to make another one in the Recruits section and end up with it all messy and confusing for people. If a admin could move my thread for me that would be helpful. Link is in my signature.

Edit: Thank you Hammlin for moving it

Disaidra lvl 2
 Half-Elf  
 Ranger/Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1
Current Quest Log 
 |  Myfitnesspal

The Cutlasses (currently ashore) 

Went to the gym... talked to a trainer. He told me to eat more and that I should quit running and only lift.  Hmmm... nope.Eating the way I am and running is working. I am getting stronger.  He's on the 10 lbs of muscle = 500 calories burned bandwagon.  LA fitness loves to promote that.  He completely discounts the contribution that body fat makes to energy.  Pretty frustrating when I find a system that is finally working and he's telling me to throw it out.

I am eating clean.  1 bowl of cereal/oatmeal in the morning. Meat and veggies for lunch and dinner.  1 light snack light almonds or 1 square of dark chocolate.

I am running 2 times a week... getting faster and longer.

Lifting 1 time a week, increasing weight as I go. Today, same weight, but getting easier. I'm noodle armed.   He wants me to go 2x a week, might swing that. 

Yes, lifting is a faster burn for the time there, but a limited amount of time doing it.  Running burns more calories since I'm doing it longer and mixing it up.  Lifting is to get stronger for me, not as much as a fat burner... that's just a benefit.

As long as I keep my protein high and burn more calories than I eat, I should reach my target.  Just really frustrating to have somebody tell me to throw my program that's working out the window.

Tomorrow is my next race.  Saguaro National Park 4 Mile run... over hills. My hardest race yet.

[/end rant]

• Like 1

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!