Novena - Not Keeping Calm, the Raptors are Coming!

Novena

Hi all,

OK, so I've been down and out for the count for ages. Breakdown, job loss, career change, recovery and healing of physical and other injuries/illnesses, and figuring out a new life, since I literally can no longer live the old.

New year new life. Let's go.

Main Goal: 

To train for the Jurassic Park Run on May 23.

Updated 1-14-14

OK, so what I've learned now is that Im going too fast. SO new goal (I know i keep tweaking these, but thats what exploration is FOR in the first place)

And Im annoyed cause I went back here and put stats in everything and now its all gone

1. FItness blender exercises 3X a week (I know they build in rest days, but I really need to take it slower - I forget I have injured muscles and have to take it easier.

2. Cto5K three times a week 

3. No takeout. (I tend to eat clean so long as i dont order in)

4. Finish resume and linked in -- 10 minutes a day. (Im still stuck here, so sometimes just showing up at the page gives you answers.)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goal 1: Couch to 5K training/Zombies Bike daily

Goal 2: Fitness Blender Low Impact bodyweight program daily (rest days are built into the program, so I dont have to worry)

Goal 3: Log what I eat before I eat it.

Life Quest: Job Hunting.

One hour per weekday on resume/linked in/networking.

I'll beef this up later, but wanted to get the main bits down.

Best to all the rebels

N*

• Like 1

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Hai all,

So the reason I havent responded is cause this week tanked. Due to weird miscalculations my bank account hit zero (severance ended at the end of december), I hadn't gotten in touch with unemployment cause their website was down and thier phone lines impossible to get through, and since I have an unpaid internship from home, I basically can work from bed. Yesterday I finally said - you know, I kind of have to use my legs, got around, got up and went out in the snow to the drugstore etc., started cleaning up the apt. Oh, had a couple of panic attacks too)

So although I didnt do well through that, I've fixed all the problems (*finally* got through to a *very* unsympathetic person in UI, who nonetheless is sending me the packet so I can actually place the stupid claim), the parents who have agreed to help support me advanced me cash. (I hate using their cash, but they supported my brother for two years, I get my turn, and they agreed to it. I was fine with moving into my brother;s basement and looking for a job in CT. OK - being *ok* with it is not entirely true but I was willing to do it to save them cash)

(Mom's not happy with me and doesnt understand the whole - I have a panic disorder and maybe you shouldnt freak me out if you want me to be productive, and Dad said not to worry about their money cause they aren't so why should I be?)

Im upset cause I've technically had over a year to look for a job, but also I've been recovering from the breakdown taking me out of work in the first place. So how much is me recovering and how much is me being not up to snuff? The world may never know.

But in the end - you know, the raptors are still coming. (And I saw a horror movie where this guy was after this large nurse who was barely running and using most of her breath for screaming, and I was like - yeah - no.). 

That and I did some weaving, and that always helps :)

Respawn on Sunday - I'll post my stats and assign point values. I already learned job hunting is going to have to half an hour per weekday, though I think I might say - at least 10 minutes. Only because Im scared to death of it, and if I can get past the first 10 minutes I'll probably be fine. The last time I tried it, the thing I had been postponing out of fear for two weeks WAS FINISHED IN 10 MINUTES and I was sooo indignant!

OK, enough brain spillage here for the moment.

Best to the rebels

N*

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.