SarahSmall: Taking on the Challenge

little_S

Thing is, I understand looking at that number, that my calorie count is low...but at the same time I don't think the amount of food is especially small (excluding the fact it's a crap breakfast nutritionally!) given that I spend my entire day sitting at a desk doing no exercise. I walked home from work, but that's only a mile and a half and probably less than 100 calories lost, even walking fast-ish in the cold. Hmm. 

Well, remember that most of the calories you burn in a given day are just keeping your body's automatic processes going. It's not generally dangerous to occasionally eat under your BMR, but in the long run that may cause some problems. I treat the occasional low calorie day as being in the same category as the occasional day of excess - it may be the right thing to do that particular day, but it's not something I want to make a habit of doing.

Otherwise, hope all is still going well!

• Like 3

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

Well, remember that most of the calories you burn in a given day are just keeping your body's automatic processes going. It's not generally dangerous to occasionally eat under your BMR, but in the long run that may cause some problems. I treat the occasional low calorie day as being in the same category as the occasional day of excess - it may be the right thing to do that particular day, but it's not something I want to make a habit of doing.

Otherwise, hope all is still going well!

Thanks Retxab, that makes sense :)

Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers.

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%

@retxab - sounds like a reasonable way to think about it,

I, too, have heard the conventional wisdom of not eating too little or you will:

a)lower your metabolism

b)binge when you next eat (because you are really hungry

c)bring about the next major alien invasion due to your opening of a trans-dimensional portal with your incredibly low calories

Ok, maybe not C... but I tend to try and avoid it... mostly because B above really applies to me.  I will eat like crazy when I can if I try to skip too much.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

This...has...become...so...hard...! Out to dinner most days this week and last and waking up hungry because I'm hungover and then hungry around lunch because I've woken my metabolism by having breakfast so not able to skip lunch (or even eat healthily)

GODDAMMIT. So busy too, and out in the evenings, so can't even make myself lunches to try and maintain some semblance of healthiness! Gahh. 

Need a boost if anyone has motivational gifs please. x

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%

This...has...become...so...hard...! Out to dinner most days this week and last and waking up hungry because I'm hungover and then hungry around lunch because I've woken my metabolism by having breakfast so not able to skip lunch (or even eat healthily)

GODDAMMIT. So busy too, and out in the evenings, so can't even make myself lunches to try and maintain some semblance of healthiness! Gahh. 

<3 

Hang in there girl! I had a rough couple of weeks myself. I JUST started getting on the bandwagon this week. It's cool tho. :) As long as we don't give up, that's what's important. :D Little by little, progress not perfection. Just give yourself a break, and start fresh tomorrow. No guilt, no shame. <3

r2kn7c.jpg

• Like 1

No gif, but write this last difficult week off, and go on from there. You can't go back, only forward. Hang in there!

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Have a tiny flappy turtle cheerleader!

tumblr_mdblmhPPIw1qmsq10.gif

Hope you get a chance to take a few deep breaths. You can do this!

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Have a tiny flappy turtle cheerleader!

That has to be one of the cutest things I have seen in ages.  

Sarah... from the way you have been eating and how low your cals have been overall... with your "bad" days have you even been over your MFP goals?  Bad choices and life hit us from time to time as always.  If so, like others have said... this week is a new week (yeah!).  If not, realize you didn't do much harm in the overall goal, but that the choices need to get better is all, and again... it is a new week (again, YEAH!)

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

980x.jpg

Here is an additional turtley-tortoisey animal in the hope that you are still here or that it summons you back! Less than one week left, you can do this!

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

*like an explosion in a dusty china shop, she returned - bedraggled, wild-eyed, and muttering a half foreign language under her breath. An empty champagne bottle was all that she held but stuck to her shoe and dragged along behind her was a stream of unfinished paperwork. Slowly gazing around and blinking in the new light of day, the muttering ceased and she began, with building enthusiasm, to speak...*

The last few weeks have been...manic. On a whole new spectrum.

Work ramped up to entire new levels of crazy - but in a brilliant 'new projects and insanely quick turnarounds which show what an epic team we are' kind of way, and my other jobs and life did too.

In short, I lost all track of space and time and failed miserably at the 'walking to work' thing, but mostly because walking to work at 6am isn't advisable and walking home at midnight isn't always either.

I did, however, manage to lose 7lbs (despite stress eating and work dinners) and also...

GOT PROMOTED! :D *at this point she flung her hands in the air with joy, sending the empty champagne bottle ricocheting across the room and smashing through a window, but didn't seem to notice*

So overall I'm quite pleased, though life took over and I didn't achieve all that I wanted, I think I did pretty damn well. Just need to make sure I spare time to tell people about it in future!

MyFitnessPal has been bugging me for weeks - 'why haven't you input your lunch?', 'why do you never visit anymore?', 'Is there another app? Do you love him?' - but I'm going to try and rebuild our relationship and start logging my time again.

Don't think I'll do the next challenge as this fog shows no sign of clearing yet, but I'll definitely be here lurking in the shadows cheering you on when I can, and I'll definitely be doing one - properly! - in the future.

Thanks to all who supported me! You rock. X

• Like 1

16%
16%

Fantastic! Well done on both the personal and professional front.

Even if you're not doing a challenge, make sure you drop by the new Misc Beings thread, you can be head cheerleader for team two. OK, and I guess team one, if necessary.

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

Me? Head...cheerleader?? ALL MY SCHOOL YEAR DREAMS COME TRUE!

I ACCEPT!

• Like 1

16%
16%