Pwallace takes up the creed

pwallace

Taking a mental health day from work today. I know that everyone has to deal with stess In their life, and I know I am not alone in the universe with hating my job. I am just finding that I hate my life right now. I feel tht I am moving no where in life. I am stuck in a job where I make crap money and where I hate the type of work because it is the "best paying" thing around. I had an interview yesterday for a supervisory position at a residential home for intellectually challenges adults (read as mentally retardation). Sounded like a cherry gig. 8-4 Monday through Friday, overseeing staff trainings and recreational outing for clients. Awesome I can do that no problem, I have done it before, down side? 10.40 an hour. That would be ANOTHER pay cut for me. To give you an idea of what I mean by another. I took a 7000 cut in pay to go back tou e bank. There are times where I wonder if I am going to be able to stretch my 1/4tank of gas a few days so I can get paid. I can afford to take a cut again. So I sit here frustrated with the world. My wife had an awesome interview the other day for a salon coordinator position, where she will make much more than I do right now. I am okay with that.

Back to why I feel so ball right now, I feel like nothing I do is the right decision. I am working 6 days a week right now with only Sunday's off, I barely see my wife cause she works weekend overnights and we are running on one vehicle right now. The gym I go to sucks, and I can't lift how I like to because I am trying to lose weigh not gain weight.

And to top very thing off it is snowing...again.....

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

PW.

First of all hug.

Second of all, it's okay to be frustrated and bummed.   Just because 'a lot' of people go through the same doesn't make YOUR feelings any less valid.   

Thirdly, I know it sucks, but keep your chin up.   Valleys only exist because you're actually bothering to climb mountains.   You'll get there.

<3 my NF buddy and N7 academy partner.   

Vent away.   We're here for that.

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Taking a mental health day from work today. I know that everyone has to deal with stess In their life, and I know I am not alone in the universe with hating my job. I am just finding that I hate my life right now. I feel tht I am moving no where in life. I am stuck in a job where I make crap money and where I hate the type of work because it is the "best paying" thing around. I had an interview yesterday for a supervisory position at a residential home for intellectually challenges adults (read as mentally retardation). Sounded like a cherry gig. 8-4 Monday through Friday, overseeing staff trainings and recreational outing for clients. Awesome I can do that no problem, I have done it before, down side? 10.40 an hour. That would be ANOTHER pay cut for me. To give you an idea of what I mean by another. I took a 7000 cut in pay to go back tou e bank. There are times where I wonder if I am going to be able to stretch my 1/4tank of gas a few days so I can get paid. I can afford to take a cut again. So I sit here frustrated with the world. My wife had an awesome interview the other day for a salon coordinator position, where she will make much more than I do right now. I am okay with that.

Back to why I feel so ball right now, I feel like nothing I do is the right decision. I am working 6 days a week right now with only Sunday's off, I barely see my wife cause she works weekend overnights and we are running on one vehicle right now. The gym I go to sucks, and I can't lift how I like to because I am trying to lose weigh not gain weight.

And to top very thing off it is snowing...again.....

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Ugh.  Dude, that does suck.  I'm less than pleased with my job, but I can at least accept that the pay is decent. :/  Can't help you there.

But, there is one thing here that I will be harsh about.

and I can't lift how I like to because I am trying to lose weigh not gain weight.

This sentence is complete and utter bullshit.  Like, total BS.

You've got weight to lose.  Now is the PERFECT time to be lifting heavy.  Why?  Because you can be eating a caloric deficit and still have plenty of energy for lifts because of the extra stored energy in your gut.  You will not gain pounds and pounds of weight by lifting heavy.  Honest.  It takes way too much effort to do that, and as long as you eat at a deficit you will be fine.  Hell, in Starting Strength it mentions big guys have a huge advantage on little guys because we don't need to eat as many calories to gain mass - because we have so much extra to work with.  Yea, SS deals with gaining muscle mass, but the extra energy works just as well as a way to get away with lifting while in deficit.  That is, in all honesty, probably how I got my lifts to where they are now - because I started when I had a goodly amount of extra padding, and didn't need to kill myself eating at a super deficit.

So, uh, yea.  Go take out the suckiness of life on some Iron.  It helps.  A lot.  Honest.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

[quoote name=RisenPhoenix" post="1383815" timestamp="1424365352]Ugh. Dude, that does suck. I'm less than pleased with my job, but I can at least accept that the pay is decent. :/ Can't help you there.

This sentence is complete and utter bullshit. Like, total BS.

You've got weight to lose. Now is the PERFECT time to be lifting heavy. Why? Because you can be eating a caloric deficit and still have plenty of energy for lifts because of the extra stored energy in your gut. You will not gain pounds and pounds of weight by lifting heavy. Honest. It takes way too much effort to do that, and as long as you eat at a deficit you will be fine. Hell, in Starting Strength it mentions big guys have a huge advantage on little guys because we don't need to eat as many calories to gain mass - because we have so much extra to work with. Yea, SS deals with gaining muscle mass, but the extra energy works just as well as a way to get away with lifting while in deficit. That is, in all honesty, probably how I got my lifts to where they are now - because I started when I had a goodly amount of extra padding, and didn't need to kill myself eating at a super deficit.

So, uh, yea. Go take out the suckiness of life on some Iron. It helps. A lot. Honest.

I should have expanded on why I can't lift. The "gym" I am a member of had a smith machine. No squat rack, no bench, dumbbella that go to 35. They have 4 45 plates. That's it. I CANT lift heavy because I do not have the means to.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

[quoote name=RisenPhoenix" post="1383815" timestamp="1424365352]Ugh. Dude, that does suck. I'm less than pleased with my job, but I can at least accept that the pay is decent. :/ Can't help you there.

This sentence is complete and utter bullshit. Like, total BS.

You've got weight to lose. Now is the PERFECT time to be lifting heavy. Why? Because you can be eating a caloric deficit and still have plenty of energy for lifts because of the extra stored energy in your gut. You will not gain pounds and pounds of weight by lifting heavy. Honest. It takes way too much effort to do that, and as long as you eat at a deficit you will be fine. Hell, in Starting Strength it mentions big guys have a huge advantage on little guys because we don't need to eat as many calories to gain mass - because we have so much extra to work with. Yea, SS deals with gaining muscle mass, but the extra energy works just as well as a way to get away with lifting while in deficit. That is, in all honesty, probably how I got my lifts to where they are now - because I started when I had a goodly amount of extra padding, and didn't need to kill myself eating at a super deficit.

So, uh, yea. Go take out the suckiness of life on some Iron. It helps. A lot. Honest.

I should have expanded on why I can't lift. The "gym" I am a member of had a smith machine. No squat rack, no bench, dumbbella that go to 35. They have 4 45 plates. That's it. I CANT lift heavy because I do not have the means to.

Welllll.... Balls.

At least you have a puppy?

>.>

<.<

(Also you can totally get good 35# dumb bell workouts.  Try manmakers.  Super fun.  I even have a video of me doing them two or three challenges ago...)

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Also you have a future Nerd meet up to look forward to, dammit!

Wait...what is that? It's some sort f small white spot in the blackness.....I don't mean o get over excited but I think I see a light in the darkness.

My mother works for a competitor bank and I have a phone interview with them later today for the call center/collections department. I would be making closer to what I made BEFORE I took the cut in pay to go work for the bank I work for now.... Here's to hoping. If I do get the position then I will join the ymca near there and start to follow mike rashid'a overtraining again. Doing that is what caused me to drop so much weight 2 years ago....anyone know any virgins (that they aren't to fond of) that I can sacrifice to the gods to make this work out?

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I work in food services for a chain of cafes. I'm five to ten years older than most of my co-workers and even a couple of my managers. It's been... coming up on seven years since I graduated college, and the best I can do is $10.something an hour while my roommates fresh out of college go off to make actual adult money.

Believe you me, I completely understand that sense of futility and frustration. I've been living it for a very long time, and I don't really know when or if that's gonna change.

Unfortunately, rage-quitting is not an option for either of us. As the first in my family to graduate college, the weight's on me to make it work somehow. And you? You got a family to be there for, wife and pup and whoever else comes in your years.

We can neither of us afford the luxury of weakness. Work to make things better? Yes. Struggle with it when we don't have the gas in the tank to get to the jobs that don't pay us enough? Yes. Lift the heaviest things we can find, whether it be Iron or ourselves? Yes.

Knuckle under and let life beat us? NEVER.

Here is the new Challenge thread. This one WILL be filled with less pathetic woe-is-me BS becasue I am done with that shit. Fuck that! Kicking it to the curb!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60963-pwallace-kicks-lifes-ass-and-gets-ripped-in-the-process/

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs