CoderGatherer - Keeping It Simple

tumblr_ma7kq8A0LA1rsw1yf.gif

The farmer's market was awesome! We managed to get all of the food we wanted while staying on budget. This week's menu includes:

* grown up grilled cheese with tomatoes, pesto and tomato soup

* sweet potato curry

* spinach and artichoke fettucini

* ham sandwiches (back up meal)

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

So today was a smashing success!

5uhZCNB.gif

I prepped my breakfast and lunch. Then I made a delicious dinner at home! Woot!

I also stretched and got some charity knitting in. 

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was total crap. My cold hasn't gone away so I went to the redi care down the street. They said its turning in to bronchitis. So now I have to get an inhaler, numbing pills and nasal spray. It will be another week before I'll see results. 

And the best part about it is that when you go in to get checked out, they weigh you. I'm back up to my heaviest weight. I'm ashamed and I'm hurt. I feel so lost and hopeless. I just want to cry and curl up in a little ball. Ideally I'd like to work out, but I have enough hard time breathing just sitting here. I'm so over this. I just want this day to be over.

tumblr_inline_ndrabf2SKp1srv5t6.gif

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

1337835619627_951374.png

Feeling a lot better today! I started tracking my calories again. I realized that it helps me stay on track. I also managed to do 10 burpees today. I had to take a few breaks to let the hacking cough subside, but I got them done. Tonight I'm going out with friends to a bar. We're doing pool and (moscow) mules. So excited!

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Today I dusted off my yoga mat and got in a quick home session. It felt good to stretch and see where my current limits are. I also took my dog for a little jaunt around the neighborhood. We would have been out longer but it was just too cold. Neither of us is used to being out there for more than a few minutes. We'll have to build up our tolerance to the cold

• Like 2

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Today was an awesome day! I met all of my nutritional goals including the 5 freggies!

I didn't get a chance to work out, but I did move around more than yesterday. Small wins. They get me through.

I'm staying up past my goal of 9:30 to get every thing done, but it's totally worth it. I was able to drive home and visit with my mom after work tonight. I didn't get to stay long, but it was good to see her.

I also set up my wii, something i've been meaning to do for weeks now. Tomorrow morning I"m going to wrangle up some batteries and work out! Super excited!

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

So I set up my Wii......only to realize all the batteries are dead. Batteries are charging now.

Instead of waiting for them to charge, I got on my exercise bike. I rode 6.2 miles in 30 minutes! Woo hoo! I love being able to ride a bike again, even if it's stationery. I also get to read one of my books while I work out. Win!

Today I was within my dietary goals again. A pretty amazing feat considering I went out to lunch with my coworkers. It was a close call. Restaurant meals just have so many fracking calories in them. As a healthier option for tomorrow, I've packed homemade jumbalaya. It's full of shrimp, chicken, and andouille sausage. So good!

This is what it looks like
Jambalaya-Main-Pic-Stepable.jpg

Recipe can be found here

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Another healthy day today!

Goal 1: Eat clean

I met all my dietary goals today

Goal 2: Train hard

I did a quick bodyweight work out then rode 6.9 miles on my stationary bike in 30 minutes

Goal 3: Sleep sound

I only got 7 hours of sleep last night. I went to bed at an appropriate time, but stayed up too late reading an amazing new sci fi book

1350570658601_3695042.png

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

I love that feeling!!

I'm rereading LOTR right now (for the first time in English though! :D), and I know there's going to be lots of those ^_^

AWESOME JOB Coder, you're on fire!! you must feel pretty good :)

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

I love that feeling!!

I'm rereading LOTR right now (for the first time in English though! :D), and I know there's going to be lots of those ^_^

AWESOME JOB Coder, you're on fire!! you must feel pretty good :)

Thanks Nol! I'm still trying to get through LOTR. The content is amazing....I just have a hard time with his writing style. For now I'll just be content with marathoning the movies :D

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Today was another rest day. I was suffering from some type of stomach bug, so I took it easy on the food today. I made salad for brunch with baked chicken, apples, almonds, and strawberry vinaigrette. For lunch I had lazy version of chicken pad thai from Budget Bytes. While I liked the idea of using fettucine as the noodles in a pinch, I have to admit that I like this version better. (Bonus points for being paleo!) 

I also managed to fit in a quick session of yoga. I'm almost able to do a sun salutation without modifications. So close! 

While I would like to take more classes, its hard to justify the cost. Does anyone know any good yoga channels/sites that specialize in vinyasa? I'm open to any and all ideas! :D

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Instead of waiting for them to charge, I got on my exercise bike. I rode 6.2 miles in 30 minutes! Woo hoo! I love being able to ride a bike again, even if it's stationery. I also get to read one of my books while I work out. Win!

Stationary bike is great. I should really dust mine off and use it. It looks so lonely sitting by the tv.

• Like 1

2nd First Quest  | 3rd Quest | 4th Quest | 5th Quest | 6th

Epic progress bar of epicness.

92%
92%

Let's face it, I'm fairly epic. 

Stationary bike is great. I should really dust mine off and use it. It looks so lonely sitting by the tv.

That's a brilliant idea! I wish I had a tv that worked near the bike I use. Sadly I am limited to handheld entertainment like books and phones.

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

I only managed 20 minutes on the exercise bike today. I was trying to do too many things at once and ended up going 15 miles an hour. While I'm impressed with the speed, I had to quit early because my legs were on fire.

8488794045_d914037ae4.jpg

I didn't eat the healthiest today. My employer bought pizza for everyone that braved the roads to work today. (We just had a massive amount of snow dump on us.) I also had leftover goulash for breakfast and dinner. Not a single veggie to be found, not good. :(

That's okay! Because tomorrow is a new day. I went grocery shopping last night and packed my fridge full of delicious veggies and fruits. I even managed to sneak in extra fruit when my husband wasn't looking. Bwahahaha!

What I wanted my cart to look like
0cart-veggies2.jpg

What my cart actually looked like (well not actually b/c this isn't my pic, but close)

09300fig1.jpg

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Veggies have been going okay. I got 3 out of 5 servings today. Not great but could be worse

Last week I got back under the barbell. The workout was great.....but the day after was not. Apparently my hips were not up to the task of squatting 30 pounds. I was doing silly walks all day, which caused my back to compensate for my lack of hip movement. So I took it easy on my back the next day, which caused my knees to compensate. I almost fell several times while out shopping with my friend. Luckily I kept my cool and iced as soon as I got home. I'm feeling much better now, but giving myself another day to rest. Tomorrow I'm hoping to wake up early and get a quick bodyweight workout in. I'm sad that I'm not able to lift right now, but I'm glad that my body was able to heal so quickly.

On a side note, did I tell you about my new spontaneous side quest? I read the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo over the weekend. I then proceeded to purge over half of my clothes. I've been meaning to go through and clean out my closet...but this took it to another level. I never realized I had so much stuff! The basic philosophy is this, gather all of your belongings of one type together, go through them one by one to see if they bring you joy, and keep only the ones that do. Everything else gets bagged up and donated. I got rid of 13 bags of clothes so far! I feel so much lighter now. It's amazing how much stuff we keep around either due to a sense of responsibility or simple laziness. It's been eye opening to be sure.

It's kind of like this....

enhanced-21397-1423000901-1.jpg

funny but true

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

End of challenge check in!

I know that this thread has been pretty empty the last couple of weeks. I've been doing most of my checking in with my accountability group. Yay Nerdians!

Quest 1: Eat Clean

I did this about half of the days. I was sick for 2 weeks so I reverted back to my unhealthy eating habits for a bit. I managed to end strong though!

+1 INT, +1 WIS

Quest 2: Train Hard

I was able to get 3 workouts a day for 4 of the 6 weeks.

+2 STR

Quest 3: Sleep Sound

Uber fail on this one. I started out strong, but had a hard time keeping up with it. I'm not awarding myself any points for this one. I'll have to work harder on it in the next challenge.

Good luck to everyone on their next challenge! I'll be posting on my Battle Log in between challenges. 

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log