Hello, rebels, I'm Skye and this is my first challenge. I really don't know how to go about it and am a bit confused, so any advice or comment will be well received.

I'm currently 124 kg, which is around 275 lbs, my highest weight everrrr  :nightmare:  But I'm working on it and trying.

I'm 20 years old and currently studying.

I'm working on being more disciplined and organised with everything in my life from my eating to my sleeping schedule.

The way I eat REALLY isn't bad, I just need to move around more and be more active. I don't eat cookies or pastries or crisps regularly, nor do I eat outside of my home, I make my own meals and I'm trying the paleo diet (it's very hard to find natural products and my mum insists on feeding me dairy).

What I need most is portion control and a more active life.

Main quest

To lose at least 1kg by the end of the challenge.

I know it may sound like nothing, and I've seen other rebels goals be so much bigger, but I need something very specific because I procrastinate when I feel like I have time.

First quest

Walk Dobby (my dog) for at least three times a week.

Measurement: A = Walk Dobby for 24 days or more, B = Walk Dobby for 15 days, C = Walk Dobby for less than 10 days.

Stat: A = +3 STA +2 STR, B = +2 STA +1 STR, C = +1 STA

Second quest

Eat at least three fruits a day.

Measurement: A = Fruits for at least 40 days, B = Fruits for 30 days, C = Fruits for less than 25 days.

Stat: A = +2 CON +2 STA +1 WIS, B = +1 CON +1 WIS, C = +1 CON

Third quest

Eat vegetables at least once a day.

Measurement: A = Vegetables for at least 40 days, B = Vegetables for 30 days, C = Vegetables for less than 25 days.

Stat; A = +2 CON +2 STA +1 WIS, B = +1 CON +1 WIS, C = +1 CON

Life quest

Go to bed at 11, the latest, for at least four days a week,

Measurement: A = In bed by 11 for at least 40 days, B = In bed by 11 for 30 days, C = In bed by 11 for less than 25 days.

Stat: A = +3 STA +1 CON +1 WIS, B = +2 STA +1 CON + 1 WIS, C = +1 STA

Motivation

To be free and happy and unafraid of life and to feel comfortable in my body.  :pride: 

Skye

Lvl 2 Ranger | STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 6 | CHA 3

"Always shoot for the moon, even if you don't make it, you'll land among the stars."

I kind of slipped a bit...

For about three days I was quite depressed, I went through a (sort of) breakup and had a hard time bouncing back to normalcy. But I'm alright now, I'm writing down everything I eat and do and whether or not I accomplished my daily goals.

I refuse to give up.

I've been hitting my daily goals and I plan meals ahead and I plan training ahead and everything, but I procrastinate a lot and I'm trying to fix it, it's just hard sometimes when I feel sad.

I'm kind of addicted to chocolate, but have been reducing my intake for the past couple of months.

ALSO is this how I'm supposed to post each week? Or is it every day?

Skye

"Always shoot for the moon, even if you don't make it, you'll land among the stars."

procrastination is my biggest problem too.  Sometimes I just don't feel like doing it and just wanna veg, but i just have to keep reminding myself what my goals are and what is driving me (in my case, my wedding - date not set - and my business getting off the ground).

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I would really love to go through all the guilds, but I'm scared to fail and get discouraged. I really want to be a ranger, but I'd love to do yoga and tai chi and capoeira, and I'd very much like to at least try parkour, I'm also a big fan of heavy lifting and running and swimming!

Today, I really didn't want to walk my dog but I went anyway. What motivates me is my goal of being fit, I don't very much think about motivation, I think about discipline and habits that I know I must build and I feel pressured by the thought of having to write everything down and know that I didn't do my best.

I'm in the process of starting the second mini challenge and I'm so excited! I've been wanting to clear my room for ages!

I'm so happy I found Nerd Fitness, and so happy that everyone is so supportive of everyone.

Skye

I feel very discouraged, I havent tracked my progress in a few days and I'm very disappointed, I don't want to fail... Going out to walk my dog...

Skye

we all have moments of weaknesses (if we didn't we wouldn't be human) so really don't feel bad.  i have literally only stuck to like one goal from my list, for like the past week.  But at least i am sticking to that one goal.  When I'm ready to bring the rest of them back in then I will :D  Why not do the same.  Succeeding at one goal is still succeeding ;)

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Keep it up! if you're feeling stressed with it all and like you're failing, it might be best to just stick to one goal and being absolutely awesome with that! Like steve says, we only have so much willpower, and making yourself miserable won't help - It's much better to build one habit really well :D! Know that we're all here supporting you! You can do ittttttt!

200_s.gif... it's going to be okay :)

also you have such a cool name :D

Thank you so much! n.n I have good and bad days of course, I try having more more good than bad. I don't very much dwell on what I do wrong, but I do get quite disappointed when I know I can do better.

I'm really trying to pick myself up right now, it's just that some days are harder tan others. I haven't properly been tracking my progress, but I haven't had crappy days, just crappy hours, LOL.

And thanks again for all the support.

Skye

i think you did the best you could do under the circumstances you presented yourself. Time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take a baby step forward.  How about another 6 week challenge - a smaller, pared down one this time.  Look at what did work and build on that.

My challenge

I solemnly swear that I will try harder.

I think my biggest challenge is my diet, because I never fully realise what I'm eating, and while I didn't complete 3 fruits a day some days, I would eat 2 or 1, and for the veggies it is a bit harder because I just don't like veggies. I eat vegetables every day, but in very small portions, mixed with the food, and I don't really count those because it's in small pieces.

I didn't have that much trouble taking out my dog because whenever I didn't feel like walking or simply going out I would think "but he NEEDS to be out and walk around", and I'd do it. Excercise isn't that troubling because I don't have to think about it, so I don't really struggle.

SO...

For my main quest, to lose at least 1kg by the end of the challenge, I SUCCEDED.

My first quest, to walk my dog at least three times a week, success c:

thumb.png

My last two quests, eating fruits and veggies, it was so-so, I didn't fail though.

For my life quest, going to bed at 11 the most, was a miserable fail...

So how do I add the points now? However I want?

Skye