Gerishnakov's Sorting Life Out Challenge

My challenge goals are:

Exercise/Diet

• Get a pull up/chin up bar and be able to do at least one of each of those.
  • Level up my body weight exercise regime, by increasing the number of sets from 3 to 4, and increasing the reps of each exercise to 25. Where exercises are timed I should be able to hold positions for 30 seconds.

Lifestyle

• Finish doing my research into North American universities to study for a Politics MA at. Choose the three I want to apply to. Begin the applications process.
  • Get all my friends down to Brighton for a weekend.
  • Edit: Live within my budget for November.

Fail Goal

• Meet a girl in Brighton and get a date. Seeing as I don't know anyone in Brighton this may well fail, but it's something I would like to happen so I've got to try!

I'm going to upload a picture and starting measurements at some point this week, when I get around to taking a picture and measuring myself!

Tuesday 25 Oct

Did my interval training in the evening, up and down the stairs in my block again. I'm waiting for payday next Monday to order my bar and Vibrams.

I have already sent a message to a group of my friends, asking them when they'll be able to come down to Brighton. Now I'm just waiting for them to sort themselves out, which they are notoriously bad at doing!

Wednesday 26 Oct

A successful progression on my bodyweight routine tonight:

4 sets of -

• 22 squats
  • 10 press ups
  • 24 lunges (11 on each legs)
  • 17 second plank
  • 30 jumping jacks
  • 17 second side plank either side
  • 14 bent over rows with each arm, using my briefcase
  • 14 leg raises
  • 14 hip raises

Finished off with a sit up combo of 10, followed by 5 with my knee raised, 5 with my leg raised and straight, 5 again with just the knee up, then repeated with the other leg.

Friday 28 Oct

Did interval training regime in evening, before settling in for a night of getting slaughtered on Battlefield 3!

Saturday 29 Oct

3 sets of -

• 23 squats
  • 11 press ups
  • 26 lunges (13 on each legs)
  • 18 second plank
  • 30 jumping jacks
  • 18 second side plank either side
  • 15 bent over rows with each arm, using my briefcase
  • 15 leg raises
  • 15 hip raises

Going to drop the number of reps again so I can get four full sets in.

Update

Unfortunately due to monetary restrictions I am going to have to drop my second exercise/diet goal of getting some Vibrams. I simply cannot afford them right now!

In place of that goal however, I am adding a second lifestyle goal to actually live within my budget for the whole of November. I've already worked it out, accounting for everything, now I just need to stick by it!

Hey dude, sounds like you're doing fantastic! And congrats on living within a budget- that's a lot harder and more important than just buying a new pair of shoes, no matter how awesome those Vibrams are.

So how was the last week for you?

All that is gold does not glitter.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The old that is strong does not wither.

Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

http://www.kriegschool.com

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines