The challenge of axios

axios

Hello all,

I am a family man trying to find time to work out and get a tiny bit healthy.

Main goal: To walk 1 mile outside of work, everyday. I want to work my way up to 5k, but starting the exercise habit is more important.

Second goal: Starting beginners body weight workout.

Food goal: Adding one cup of vegetables, everyday.

Life goal: doing one thing to fix up my house. I bought an old house and it needs lots off work, and I am not a handyman. Not sure if this counts as a life goal and I don't know which one thing I will do yet.

Let's do this, yay!

Hi. I like your goals - they seem manageable and are defined nicely so they dont leave room for debate.

double yay

Life goal: doing one thing to fix up my house. I bought an old house and it needs lots off work, and I am not a handyman. Not sure if this counts as a life goal and I don't know which one thing I will do yet.

definatly a life goal - I know exactly how you feel

I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits.
-  Bernard Moitessier

Weighty weight loss {goal= 25 lbs total} start 147lbs. Today=147lbs

0%
0%

YAYOG 10 week

0%
0%

Hi there!!

I’m Chris-Tien Jinn, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. Despite the name, we are a VERY friendly guild, filled with people who enjoy a wide variety of activities and fitness goals!

For more information about the guild, stop by the Info & Announcements thread.  Also, check out the Assassin's Phonebook, which lists the names of people who are working on various aspects of fitness and life changes.  This is a great place to connect with someone who is working on goals similar to yours.  Don't be shy about following them or sending a message if you have questions!!!   

You can also stop by the Assassin's Den - a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introduce yourself.  You can always ask questions there, but I warn you that we tend to be pretty silly there and love to post gifs …. especially of cute animals!!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, let me know.  You can grab my attention by using the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top right of the screen).

Someone from the Assassin's Guild will stop by every week to check on your progress, but don't be a stranger!!  The most successful people around here reach out and get support from others - novices and veterans alike!  A great place to meet up with other (new) Assassins is in the Assassin Initiates Accountabilities Group   - stop by when you have a chance!!

Level 4 Human Ranger/Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 9 | DEX: 10 | CON: 14 | INT: 13 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 13

Best advice I can think of is just bundle up, if it's getting really cold like Northern Canada cold I would recommend something over your face like a scarf just to help warm the air you breathe in. or if it's snowing maybe walk a little less but walk in some fresh snow that way you're not walking as far but it's still adding the same amount of challenge.

Hitting up a blogger for my journey to make a hot sexy body for my hot sexy red shirt 

http://raystightshirt.blogspot.com/

Failure is an option, sometimes it's the only option. Giving up, that isn't an option

Wear breathable layers, especially wool or synthetics.  Walk during the day or when it's warmest. 

Or find ways to workout inside.  I dug out some old workout equipment last week when the windchills were in the dangerous range.  Nordic track .... made "dumbbells" out of milk jugs again.  Did bodyweight workouts .... there are a TON available if you just search Nerd Fitness, you'll find one that you like. 

Level 4 Human Ranger/Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 9 | DEX: 10 | CON: 14 | INT: 13 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 13

The challenge is almost over and we haven't seen you in awhile - but I hope you're just too busy rocking it out there to post.  Remember - you don't have to be perfect, just a little bit better than the you of yesterday.  Hope you'll be back soon to wrap up with us!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire