Gainondorf's Challenge

Main Quest

• To get stronger while building muscle and losing fat.

Support Quests

1. Follow Stronglifts 5x5 every week (three workouts weekly).
  2. Get eight hours of sleep every night.
  3. Eat quality calories following the Paleo lifestyle

Life Quest

• Try approaching more problems by finding solutions and not excuses.

Fitness Side Quest

• Incorporate yoga and meditation into my routine to promote mental wellness.

Motivation

This has always been my struggle to find, but this is my best shot.  I want to be both physically and mentally health so that I can overcome ANY challenge that comes my way.  Whether that is climbing a mountain, raising a family, etc.

Will likely post pictures and take starting measurements tomorrow morning.  

I'm new to the community, and as such, every feature of the forum, guilds, etc is still new to me.  Therefore, I'm going to try going lone wolf this time, and maybe look for accountability groups in a subsequent challenge.

I feel that if you have the right amount of motivation, being accountable to yourself is all you need.  The motivation is always the hardest part (for me, at least).

Really excited to see what unfolds in the next six weeks!    :)

Will likely post pictures and take starting measurements tomorrow morning.  

I'm new to the community, and as such, every feature of the forum, guilds, etc is still new to me.  Therefore, I'm going to try going lone wolf this time, and maybe look for accountability groups in a subsequent challenge.

I feel that if you have the right amount of motivation, being accountable to yourself is all you need.  The motivation is always the hardest part (for me, at least).

Really excited to see what unfolds in the next six weeks!   :)

End of Week 1

Week 1 was a good start.  I've been taking slow steps to reach my goal and not taking on too much right away.  I worked out three times this week and recorded my workouts on Sunday as a means for checking my form.

Unfortunately, when I got on the scale and measured my body fat, it was a lot higher than I expected.

I am 214.80 and 20.72% body fat.  Last year there was a point where I was at 200.60 and 16.80% body fat.  The holiday season really took a toll on me this year.

However, if I was there before, I know I can get there again, and be even better this time around.  On to Week 2!

End of Week 2

Week 2 was a good follow-up.  Was able to workout three times a week without issue.  I'm actually starting to get excited about using the barbell, and that's what I need.

I ended the week at 210.80 and 21.02% body fat.  Even though there are some inaccuracies in the body fat meter I use, this is a decent enough indication.

What this is telling me is that I'm cutting the calories and not getting enough protein to retain muscle.  Could be the inaccuracies, again, but knowing how I ate it wouldn't surprise me.

Need to find some more Paleo recipes to make this week, so we'll see what the week brings!