Linsanity starts the new year off with the whole30!

Linsanity

Hey guys!

I'm Linsanity and this is my fourth challenge! Up until now, I've been training with the adventurers. This time though since I've established some good exercise habits and discovered that I enjoy both running and strength training, I figured I'd join y'all!

My main goal is to lose poundage! I've lost 15ish since I first joined NF, but I've still got a ways to go. I want to get down to the 140-145 range soo I've got another 25ish lbs to shred!

SUB-GOALS

Goal #1: EXERCISE

• 5 days per week
  • Combo of running and strength training each day

I plan to run a 5k twice a week and do 4 quarter mile sprints on the other days before strength training. I haven't quite nailed down the strength training routine but it will likely involve some combo of squats, pushups, and burpees.

Fortunately, I have no morning classes this semester so I'll be spending my mornings at the gym!

Goal #2: EAT

• Whole30 every meal every day for the first 30 days [at least]
  • Create food photo collage each week
  • Read whole30 success stories 4 days during the week

This will be difficult for me, not gonna lie!

I have eaten Paleoish during some of the past challenges, and really enjoyed it, but I cheated a lot on the weekends. Over the holidays I didn't participate in the NF challenge and ate SUPER poorly! Cookies on cookies on cookies! I noticed over Christmas that all the sugar I was consuming severely dampened my mood and made me feel more depressed than usual during pms. I also gained back 1.5 inches that I had lost back in October. YIKES!!

Tuesday I go back to my apartment at school where I'll be buying and making all my own food. So, as long as I don't buy anything bad, I won't be eating anything bad. To keep me from buying non-whole30 foods I plan to take pictures of everything I eat and post a collage of the meals each weekend. I enjoy taking pictures and fooling around in photoshop so this will be fun!

I also plan to read at least one whole30 success story four days a week to keep me motivated. Seeing how far people have come really inspires me, and will help me hold strong when times get tough!

I have really strong drive and determination so I know I can achieve this goal. It's gonna take dedication and confidence, but it is possible and it is doable!

Goal #3: COMMUNICATE

• Check-in on NF 5 days + a week

Checking-in means either posting on my challenge or posting on others challenges 5 days + per week. Last challenge I hardly checked in at all, which actually made it more difficult for me to keep up with my goals. Reading encouraging words and reading about others' breakthroughs is super inspiring and motivates me to keep pushing for my own fitness goals!

Side Quest: DRAW

• Aim for 1-2 hours of sketching per week

I enjoy drawing, but have gotten out of the habit. I want to be more productive with my time and improve my skills. Also, I feel that drawing might be good stress reliever. After the first week or two I'll decide whether to make the goal one hour or two. I want to make this goal very easy to achieve so I can start to get a habit in place.

I plan to figure out stat points and post starting measurements later in the week. I will take progress measurements after the first 30 days and at the end of the challenge.

PS: Soo tomorrow I'm going skiing which I am SUPER excited about!!!! BUT I don't know what food options will be available or if they will be whole30 approved. I plan to do the best I can; but dairy might happen if cheese is on the salads. Tomorrow i'm prepared to give myself some leeway though!

Best of luck everyone!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Welcome to the Rangers.  I like your goals.  Good luck on Whole 30.  That sounds tough... but doable.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I think we have some common goals! I'm doing a Whole 30 and my end goal is to lose 25# ending up at about 145-148. Running/strength training is in my goals as well!!! WE GONNA DO THIS THANG!! 

Nice to meet ya! 

DANG!! We're like the same person! haha GO US!!!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

So far week 1 is going pretty well! On Monday when I went skiing, they did have whole30 options available so I had a bowl of butternut squash soup and a sesame salad. Both were delicious! Great start to the whole30 challenge!

As far as meals this week go, I've decided to have the same breakfast and lunch everyday this challenge. I'll also batch cook dinner, but will change what I have for dinner each week. This simplifies meal planning and is way more doable since I'm still in school. My food collage then, might not be much of a collage in the coming weeks, but I think that's perfectly fine. Posting meal images is still helpful for me. On the collage I made this week the first row is breakfast, second lunch, and the third, dinner.

I've been keeping up with reading whole 30 success stories this week. Definitely inspiring! I also found this whole 30 timline which shows you want feelings to expect each week of your whole30 challenge. Figured this might be helpful for those of you interested in the whole30, but not quite sure if you're ready to start it. So far it's pretty accurate for me. I didn't experience the carb flu and headaches when I first started, but that's because I've been eating a paleo breakfast for several months now. I did experience carb flu when I first made the switch though.

Also, I skipped the 'hating life' phase that was supposed to happen on days 3-4. Now I'm in the "I'm tired, I need a nap phase." Last night I wanted to go to bed at 9, but I forced myself to stay up till 10:30. So pathetic for a Friday night haha! Next week will be SUPER tough according to the timeline. I plan to record what I feel each week on this challenge board to let y'all know what it's like. Another thing I noticed since starting this challenge is that my strength  and endurance has gone way down. It's probably not all due to the Whole30 [part is DEFINITELY due to the holidays and not exercising consistently]. Now I can only run about 2 miles rather than a full 5k and struggle to do as many reps as I used to do when strength training. I feel like I am slowly gaining back my strength workout wise however. Hopefully in another week or so I'll be back to normal strength wise!

On a positive note, my body feels pretty great! I can tell it definitely likes what I'm eating. Also, I'm not craving sweets or snacks like I used to. That could change in the next week according to the timeline, but we'll see! I've also noticed [but not measured] that the bloat and inch I gained on my waist over the holidays have disappeared. My stomach is a little flatter which is kinda awesome! Changes like that keep me motivated and make me excited for the changes which will happen over the next 25 days!

Also, I've gotten 4 days of exercise in so far. I'll complete my exercise goal this afternoon!

I've been logging in to NF each day and posting too so nailing that goal!

Drawing will happen this afternoon.

• Like 1

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Starting Measurements:

Waist: 33"

Hips: 38.5"

Bust: 38.25"

Butt: 40.5"

Thigh: 21.5"

Calf: 15"

Biscep: 12.5"

Stat Points:

Exercise: STR 2   STA 3

Food: CON 3  WIS 3

Communicate: WIS 2   CHA 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

That timeline was pretty interesting.  Seems to offer some motivation..or solace... on those bad days when you think it's not worth it.  But it totally is!   I love you pics BTW.  I've always enjoyed pics of fabulous looking food that people have made and I'm one of those facebook offenders because I love to share.  

Great job so far.  keep it up.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

How is your Whole30 going? It sounds great, but so much prep work/cooking.

It's been going fairly well, although yesterday I definitely missed pizza and chocolate chip cookies. I didn't have any of that in my house which was good, but I fantasized about them a lot. haha Kinda weird I know! I got on pinterest yesterday too and that didn't help me much! I feel much better today though - don't feel tempted by pizza or sweets and am loving what I'm eating. Hopefully things stay this way!

Meal prep can be tough, but if you can stay organized and plan ahead of time, it isn't too bad. I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday and change up dinner every week. I haven't gotten bored with my breakfast or my lunch yet so that's a good thing! Cooking dinner can take a while - chopping up lots of things - but once you get used to it and give yourself enough time, it's doable!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Hoping to do a whole30 sometime soon.  May start with a whole14!

Have a good day!

Nice! Just as a warning though, I did some reading on the whole30 and I read the first 2 weeks are the toughest part. Once you get past that, it's pretty much smooth sailing! Maybe aim for a whole20 so you get to experience some of the benefits?

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

It's been going fairly well, although yesterday I definitely missed pizza and chocolate chip cookies. I didn't have any of that in my house which was good, but I fantasized about them a lot. haha Kinda weird I know! I got on pinterest yesterday too and that didn't help me much! I feel much better today though - don't feel tempted by pizza or sweets and am loving what I'm eating. Hopefully things stay this way!

Meal prep can be tough, but if you can stay organized and plan ahead of time, it isn't too bad. I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday and change up dinner every week. I haven't gotten bored with my breakfast or my lunch yet so that's a good thing! Cooking dinner can take a while - chopping up lots of things - but once you get used to it and give yourself enough time, it's doable!

I found a recipe on Pinterest for mini pizzas that had a mashed cauliflower crust.. . looked quite amazing but I haven't tried it yet.  

Spoiler

I found a recipe on Pinterest for mini pizzas that had a mashed cauliflower crust.. . looked quite amazing but I haven't tried it yet.  

Heh... I wonder if the hubby would eat that.... *grin*

I may have to look up the Whole30 thing, it sounds interesting!

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

Heh... I wonder if the hubby would eat that.... *grin*

I may have to look up the Whole30 thing, it sounds interesting!

maybe you don't mention the cauliflower crust and no one will notice?  :pirate:

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hoping to do a whole30 sometime soon.  May start with a whole14!

Have a good day!

Definitely approach it how you feel is best for you, but as a head's up, it takes about 3 weeks for your body to recover from any known/unknown inflation from grains, sugars, dairy, etc. You may lose some weight and feel a little better, but having done two Whole30s, I can confirm that it isn't until the middle of week three or so that you suddenly wake up and BAM! Energy! Clear headed-ness! Badassery boost! Feel like a superhero!

If you haven't read "It Starts With Food," I HIGHLY recommend it. It really made the "why" click for me more than reading the website did -- plus as a huge nerd, I found all the science-y bits on how food affects our bodies absolutely fascinating :)

Linsanity, I'm just tuning in now -- I love your goals and hope Whole30 is going great! It's totally worth it, I promise :) Keep it up!

• Like 1

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

My sister actually made a cauliflower crust pizza a few months ago and she told me it wasn't good. Apparently cauliflower as a grain replacement can be a hit or miss. I'll have to scan some recipes and find out which ones are legit delicious. Grain-free pizza though would definitely help my pizza craving. Thanks for the tip!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge