Linsanity starts the new year off with the whole30!

Linsanity

Ugh. . . the tail end of this week has been tough. Yesterday I went out with one of my friends to a Mexican restaurant which was fun. I was good and had a delicious salad with chicken, peppers, onion, and guac, but dang it I really wanted some chips and salsa!! There have been other times this weekend too and even today that I wanted to give in and just have a little bit of cheese, or a chocolate chunk cookie, or a cappuccino. The funny thing was that I wasn't actually hungry for those things, I just kinda wanted them. I never gave in, but I keep having that psychological battle - surely a  little bit of dairy won't hurt, you can still make progress eating clean, or your not even half way through, can you really make it another 16 days?

Fortunately, the voice inside in my head telling me "yes, I can" has been getting much stronger since I started the whole30 and has held me off from giving in. I had a nice little self-esteem chat with myself today and feel much better. Also, all of everyone's encouragement and support has really helped! I didn't want to disappoint you guys!

I think what helps too is reminding myself that things will get easier and that it'll be totally worth it in the end. I've been reading several whole30 success stories and it's been a big help! Once I get past this halfway point it will get easier. 

Positive whole30 changes this week: I've noticed that my skin is starting to get clearer. The redness on my cheeks has disappeared. Still got some ache - but definitely an improvement! Also, my fitness level is almost where it was before Thanksgiving. I can run a full 5k again [ at the beginning of whole30 I could barely run 1.5 miles]. My strength is coming back as well. 35 lb squats are much easier now than at the beginning of whole30. Still need to work my way back up to 40lb, but I feel I am well on my way!

Goals for the week were all met! Exercised 5 days this week. My strength training workouts have become HIT style - which I am liking much better. Workouts are shorter and I'm still getting a good sweat!

Whole30 was a success this week, though kinda tough and I've been active on the NF forums this week. Woohoo! A for the week!

Bring on week 3!

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Awesome week 2!  I hate those internal debates and so happy to see that you won.  Sometimes it helps to remind your inner self that these are your goals.  No one else set them for you or is forcing you.  These are things YOU want so when your internal voice tells you that you want something else, don't believe it!

Also glad to see you can see the benefits of your hard work.  That is awesome.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hi Linsanity, I'm doing the W30 also and glad to hear your first couple weeks went so well. That endurance improvement is amazing, and may the positive voice in your head be ever loud :)

I'm currently reading It Starts With Food, and sorta having trouble because I have minimal interest in biology (physics nerd here!) but planning to finish it by the end of the challenge. It comes across as harsh sometimes (as do the Hartwigs on their website), but the tone is mitigated by the admission that they don't expect anybody to eat Whole365. Mark's Daily Apple supports an 80/20 balance, which may be a good post-W30 approach.

Hope your week 3 is going strong. 

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!  :) I definitely appreciate it and need it!

Going into week 3, I was pretty excited because I thought things were going to get way easier. I thought I'd have lots of energy, sleep better, and feel super awesome! That didn't happen though. I've continued to have psychological battles all week! Also, I'm having trouble sleeping. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep each night. I slept better when I was eating clean. My energy levels haven't spiked either. I feel alright in the mornings. . . I guess and then pretty tired at like 7pm. My energy levels were better also when I ate clean. Not gonna lie, I'm super frustrated. 

Have any of you who've done the whole30 had a tough week 3? Is week 4 gonna get better? On the forums I read week 4 is tough because by that point you're tired of the diet and food prep. I guess I just wanna know if it'll be worth it to keep trucking through?

My body composition is changing which is good. But it would also change if I took on a less strict diet. (over a longer period of time). Ugh. . . psychological conflicts. . .

Also, in case you're wondering - I haven't screwed up my diet yet! Just considered it several times.

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!  :) I definitely appreciate it and need it!

Going into week 3, I was pretty excited because I thought things were going to get way easier. I thought I'd have lots of energy, sleep better, and feel super awesome! That didn't happen though. I've continued to have psychological battles all week! Also, I'm having trouble sleeping. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep each night. I slept better when I was eating clean. My energy levels haven't spiked either. I feel alright in the mornings. . . I guess and then pretty tired at like 7pm. My energy levels were better also when I ate clean. Not gonna lie, I'm super frustrated. 

Have any of you who've done the whole30 had a tough week 3? Is week 4 gonna get better? On the forums I read week 4 is tough because by that point you're tired of the diet and food prep. I guess I just wanna know if it'll be worth it to keep trucking through?

My body composition is changing which is good. But it would also change if I took on a less strict diet. (over a longer period of time). Ugh. . . psychological conflicts. . .

Also, in case you're wondering - I haven't screwed up my diet yet! Just considered it several times.

I haven't done Whole30 so I can't answer any of your questions.  I admire you for sticking with it.  If you can just keep in going for week 4 you'll have accomplished what you set out to do and then you can decide yourself if it was beneficial to you or not.  You've done awesome so far. Proud of you.  :positive:

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

If you can just keep in going for week 4 you'll have accomplished what you set out to do and then you can decide yourself if it was beneficial to you or not.  You've done awesome so far. Proud of you.  :positive:

^^  All of this.  Only 5 more days to go until you met your own goal and can make the call.  Then you won't have any second guessing or guilt/remorse about not having given it what you considered a fair go.  That sort of piece of mind is worth a lot... and yes, proud of you for sticking with it!

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

Woot! Proving to yourself that you can stick with it does great things for your sense of grit and determination. Well done!

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

It's really tough, whole30. I'm still waiting on Tiger Blood, and still have pangs of desire for toast and chocolate and cheese (not all together). But even if there's no noticeable physical or psychological difference, I'm keeping on trucking. Partly becaus there may be tons of beneficial stuff going on that im not noticing, partly because,hey, maybe tomorrow, and partly because I'm liking the discipline. The having to look at what I eat, scanning ingredients, no longer being mindless about what I put in my mouth. It is tough, though. But we can do it. We proper can.

• Like 1

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

current challenge

"Higher, Lighter, Simpler, More Joyful"

Hey Linsanity! How's it going? Your Whole30's finished now, right? What're your plans now it's done?

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Sorry I haven't been around at all guys! My computer keyboard quit working last Monday so I took it to the IT department at my school. Because they had to order a new part, I didn't have computer access all last week or for the beginning of this week. Fixed now though so that's a relief!

Obviously, then I haven't been able to meet my communication goal this week, but I'll let it slide given the circumstances!

Exercise goal almost met for this week  - 2 more workouts left.

Btw whole30 is over!! Super excited!! I feel great - it was a good experience, but I definitely missed some of those off-limits foods! Now I'm going to eat clean for the rest of this challenge. Grains and dairy aren't really a problem for me, from what I've noticed. Sugar and legumes, on the other hand, my body is not a fan of. I need to stick to moderation on the sweets!

I'm definitely looking forward to this last week! Hope everyone's still going strong!

• Like 1

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Challenge complete! Overall, good challenge! I did well on all my goals, except I slacked on communication this past week. I haven't lost anymore inches since those first two weeks of the challenge, but I imagine the others are just slower to come off. Till next challenge!

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge