Rachy87 and the Citadel v2

Rachy87

Let's try this again!

New year, new challenge, new rules, new Rach!

2015 goals:

87kg

Size 14

Write out my own Epic Quest

Start a webcomic

Starting with:

106.7kg

Size 18

Mental life to do list

Swarm of ideas in my head.

Challenge 1 of Year 2015

Mission 1:

Cardio x 30mins x 6 days per week

(STA 3, DEX 2) A= 7 days, B= 6 days, C= 5 days, D= 4 days.

Mission 2:

Water x >800ml x 5 days per week

(CON 2) A= 4L+, B= 3.5L+, C= 3L+, D= 2.5L+.

Mission 3:

Sugar laced beverages x NONE x 7 days per week

(CON 2) A= 7, B= 6, C= 5, D= 4.

Mission 4:

Organise spare room and prep it to become study

(WIS 2, CHA 2) A= 100%, B= 75%, C= 50%, D= 25%.

So I was minding my own business when suddenly I come across a small hut with a charming garden fence around it. I noticed a beautiful lime tree out the from bountiful of brilliant green limes. So I decided to approach the owner about purchasing some, I walk through the front gate and land face-first in the middle of a bustling market place. This was by far the biggest citadel I've ever seen....

Level X - Human Ranger

Str: X ~ Dex: X ~ Sta: X ~ Con: X ~ Wis: X ~ Cha: X

Rachy87 - Going to level up my way, watch this space!

Not all who wander are lost 

Hello! Looks like you have some great goals!

LOVE the bottom blurb! Is it the beginning of the quest? Can't wait to see where it is going!!!

Are you an avid runner? 6x a week would freak me out as a beginner runner! 

CHEERING YOU ON!!!! 

200.gif

Half Orc Ranger Lvl 3

[ STR7.5 DEX2 STA6 CON7.5 WIS6.5 CHA5 ]

Goals:

Achieve target weight: 175lbs

Starting weight: 238

Current Weight: 225

21%
21%

Current Challenge

HI Rachy.  Nice challenge.  What kind of cardio are you doing?   I love the water and soda/sugary beverage goals.  This should be a great challenge.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hello! Looks like you have some great goals!

LOVE the bottom blurb! Is it the beginning of the quest? Can't wait to see where it is going!!!

Are you an avid runner? 6x a week would freak me out as a beginner runner! 

CHEERING YOU ON!!!! 

200.gif

Thank you and thank you for the minions :D

The blurb is a little something I include with my challenges, bit of a summary at the begining and end of a chapter I guess.

Runner? No not really no. That being said I want to improve my running so I'm aiming that 2 of my sessions each week are on the treadmill. My current running skills are that of a slow job to most people lol.

HI Rachy.  Nice challenge.  What kind of cardio are you doing?   I love the water and soda/sugary beverage goals.  This should be a great challenge.  

Hey! So 2 x treadmill/"running", the other sessions are a mix of walking, HIIT (not for 30mins as I'd pass out but as many sets as I get get through), swimming, etc.

Yeah sugary beverages are a bit of an barrier for me so it's going to be interesting.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Level X - Human Ranger

Update:

Cardio 2 for 2 :)

Mon was 46 degrees here or 114 F for my American friends. Consequently my cardio was playing fun games on the WiiFit in from of my wonky old air con unit so I didn't die

Yesterday I spent it on the treadmill with interval speeds

Water 2 for 2

Lack of sugary drinks 1 for 2

Had a bottle of 100% apple juice yesterday. Was late for a meeting and thirsty, it was there so I had it. Need to keep some bottles of water in the fridge.

Organise the study

It's been freakin' hot here so sorting through boxes is the last thing I want to do. But as this goal is geared to attempting to do a web comic I have at least gone and registered a domain name and have been doing research into web hosting services.

Think I'm doing pretty damn well!

Level X - Human Ranger

You are doing pretty damn well.  Great start!  despite the heat even. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the support :D

Update:

Cardio 4 for 4 :)

WiiFit, Treadmill, Walk, HIIT

Water 4 for 4

I'll know in 8hrs if I've completed all 5 (I'm basing this mission off being at work and getting through the bottle that sits on my desk)

Lack of sugary drinks 3 for 4

Have placed a jug of water in the fridge now, just need to fill some grab and go bottles now.

P.S. As some of you may know I have some issues with my health that lead to stomachaches, the best remidy I've found is a bottle of Bundaberg Ginger Beer which I don't count towards this mission. Yesterday I got though without it, today I'm having 1.

Organise the study

Nope.

Plan for the rest of the week:

Tonight go swimming after dinner (when it's more or less dead at the local pool). This weekend - hop on the treadmill.

Buy flavoured water when need be to avoid sugary beverages when out.

Pack away Christmas decorations etc but leave the boxes where the tree was to make more space in the spare room while I sort it.

• Like 1

Level X - Human Ranger

Saturday became my lazy day. *shrug*

Week 1!

Mission 1:

Cardio x 30mins

x 5.5 days per week

B= 6 days / C= 5 days

Mission 2:

Water x >800ml

x 5 days per week

A= 4L

Mission 3:

Sugar laced beverages x NONE

x 5 days per week

C= 5

Mission 4:

Organise spare room and prep it to become study

There is now floor space! All I've done is stack things but it looks organised and I can get to all of the boxes instead of playing extreme twister trying to get to the back corner of the room.

Plan for week 2:

Cardio:

WiiFit, Treadmill, walkies.

Water:

Have a big jug in the fridge plus an aluminium bottle so it's easier to drink water (because getting a glass from the tap and ice blocks from the fridge is so hard... but it's enough to be off putting)

Sugar Beverages:

I crave the sugar, I crave the bubbles and I crave the acidity *sigh* it's hard but I'm doing ok

Organise:

Grab 1 box, put it on the kitchen table, organise it during the week.

• Like 1

Level X - Human Ranger

I think you had a great week even though you didn't give yourself many A's.   Sugary drinks are devil spawn.  I can feel your pain.  I keep thinking I need a goal like that but just have been too afraid to tackle it.  I'm rooting for you.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Thank you LadyShello. Yeah I'm a tough critic on myself.

Sugary drinks aren't easy to avoid but I'm trying.

Every time a do a challenge avoiding them by the end I've learnt why/when I crave them and it gets easier to manage.

I cant ever see me void of them but I'm ok with that :)

Level X - Human Ranger

learning about yourself counts as progress. 

How is your week 2 going so far?

Spoiler

Sorry guys, still having this glitch with quoting - think it might be the browser at work.

I was home sick yesterday, I'm feeling better today but very fatigued. If we weren't short staffed I'd still be in bed *sigh*

I had to google seltzer but yes I have tried something similar. There is a company here that does little bottles of a flovoured "dry" range which has 50 cals per bottle and is flavoured enough to make soda water bareable (I don't understand how people drink sparkling water, I really dont :upset: ). It's expensive though. Maybe I might make it part of a reward system if I do X then I've earnt a bottle for the day... Now there's a thought!

Alright "mid" week progress report as requested:

Cardio:

I went for a walk on Monday. I came down with a fever on Tuesday and haven't done any since. I feel restless but I just don't have the strength/energy to do much. I won't be marking myself down for this come the end of week 2 provided I did exercise on days were I was able to - so at this point I'm at 100% :D

Water:

I've been drinking so much of it this week so I'm on target :)

Sugary Drinks:

*sigh* Struggle Town on Tuesday, I knew I was getting sick but we were short staffed so I had to power on which meant Red Bull and I'm talking massive 435ml can not the cute 250ml that's waiting on my desk this morning. Again Wednesday had to power through so had another Red Bull with me but I didn't feel up to drinking it which was a small win. Yesterday I was at home and used my small amount of will power to avoid the soft drink my partner has in the fridge and had a Coke Zero which I dislike but the bubbles helped me to feel better. So yeah I'm writing off this week (still trying my best to avoid them though)... ooo ooo ooo! Last night we went out for my Dad's birthday, I didn't have any booze but I did have coconut water and table water, so I'm proud of myself for avoiding alcohol and soft drinks :)

Organising

Hahahahaha no :/

So yeah this is where I'm at. I think all thing considered I'm doing pretty well

Level X - Human Ranger

Well take care of yourself first.  A fever can really drain you.  Focus on the goals that you can still do and rest up. 

I have quoting issues with IE.  I find everything works better with Google Chrome.  

Spoiler

Yeah I use Chrome at home but here at work I'm stuck with IE *sigh*

Took it quite easy over the weekend. Went for a short walk yesterday morning and was completely drained by the time I got home. Feeling very fatigued today, I'm thinking it might be best to work my way up to 30mins of cardio before trying anything else. In the mean time I'm going to really focus on the other parts of this challenge.

Week 2:

Cardio = A

Both days this week where I thought I was up to it I did it.

Water = A

Many hydrations were had

Sugary Drinks = D

I wasn't strong enough to say no

Organising = N/A

My parents did bring around my old desk that has been stored at my Aunty's place for the past couple of years, with that taking up space I feel more motivated to get the spare room sorted.

Outlook for week 3:

Cardio is on slow progress and I hope to spend 5mins today on a short walk and hopefully add 5mins each day until I'm up to 30min again. Will not push myself too hard.

Water will be 100%, I need it to get better.

Sugary drinks will be avoided, aiming for a B this week

Organising will be started this week.

Level X - Human Ranger

Outlook for week 3:

Cardio is on slow progress and I hope to spend 5mins today on a short walk and hopefully add 5mins each day until I'm up to 30min again. Will not push myself too hard.

Water will be 100%, I need it to get better.

Sugary drinks will be avoided, aiming for a B this week

Organising will be started this week.

Hopefully you start to feel better and get your energy back.  Week 2 went well considering..  Great plan for week 3.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sorry guys, still having this glitch with quoting - think it might be the browser at work.

I was home sick yesterday, I'm feeling better today but very fatigued. If we weren't short staffed I'd still be in bed *sigh*

I had to google seltzer but yes I have tried something similar. There is a company here that does little bottles of a flovoured "dry" range which has 50 cals per bottle and is flavoured enough to make soda water bareable (I don't understand how people drink sparkling water, I really dont :upset: ). It's expensive though. Maybe I might make it part of a reward system if I do X then I've earnt a bottle for the day... Now there's a thought!

Alright "mid" week progress report as requested:

Cardio:

I went for a walk on Monday. I came down with a fever on Tuesday and haven't done any since. I feel restless but I just don't have the strength/energy to do much. I won't be marking myself down for this come the end of week 2 provided I did exercise on days were I was able to - so at this point I'm at 100% :D

Water:

I've been drinking so much of it this week so I'm on target :)

Sugary Drinks:

*sigh* Struggle Town on Tuesday, I knew I was getting sick but we were short staffed so I had to power on which meant Red Bull and I'm talking massive 435ml can not the cute 250ml that's waiting on my desk this morning. Again Wednesday had to power through so had another Red Bull with me but I didn't feel up to drinking it which was a small win. Yesterday I was at home and used my small amount of will power to avoid the soft drink my partner has in the fridge and had a Coke Zero which I dislike but the bubbles helped me to feel better. So yeah I'm writing off this week (still trying my best to avoid them though)... ooo ooo ooo! Last night we went out for my Dad's birthday, I didn't have any booze but I did have coconut water and table water, so I'm proud of myself for avoiding alcohol and soft drinks :)

Organising

Hahahahaha no :/

So yeah this is where I'm at. I think all thing considered I'm doing pretty well

I think you did great, considering what life threw at you! Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

Alright week 3 how did we go...

Cardio:

Struggled to get back into it. Being sick in week 2 left me pretty week and I wasn't feeling 100% in week 3. The doctor isn't too sure why I'm getting abdominal pains and has put it down to stress and told me to come back if it gets worse or won't go away. Fun times. Great news is that they've gone away for now. Anyways I'm putting down N/A for this mission for week 3.

Water:

B which is good. I'm also finding that I'm craving it more which is good

Sugary drinks:

C. I'm noticing that I am not missing them as much when I say no to them

Organising:

3 boxes unpacked so far

Level X - Human Ranger

Taking the power away from your cravings (and even diverting them elsewhere) is excellent progress.  Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully it stays that way.  

• Like 1

Spoiler