Captncid - the journey continues

Hi all! I decided instead of doing a challenge to move over her for a bit.

A little about me:

I've been around Nerd Fitness off and on for just over 2 1/2 years. Before I found this wonderful community, there was a point in my life where I was 330 pounds. Under the traditional advice, I cut back on calories and worked out a TON! I did 6 rounds of P90X and dropped 105 pounds. Then something happened. I went to go work out and my body completely gave out on me. I thought I just needed to rest, so I took a week off. It didn't help. I became discouraged and quit. As the next year and a half wore on, the weight slowly came back on. In my frustration, I searched for what had happened. I then found Nerd Fitness and began to understand about overtraining, PROPER nutrition, and that I didn't have to kill myself at every workout. As I hung around, I began to fall in love with the community. I started to do some challenges, and unfortunately life got really crazy and I stepped away for a while.

I am now back and not going anywhere

My overall main goal for now is to get back around 200 pounds the right way. No more crash dieting. No more workouts that I want to throw up after. And, of course, talking about nerdy stuff!

To give a baseline, here are my current stats.

Weight : 285 lbs

Neck: 17"

Chest: 48.5

Biceps: (unflexed) 14 1/4" [emoji768] 14 1/2" (L)

Waist: 50" at belly button

Hips: 47 5/8"

Thigh: 25" [emoji768] and (L)

Calf: 17 1/8" [emoji768] and (L)

In this battle log, I'll be posting all sorts of random stuff. Sometimes workouts, food pics, recipes, motivational quotes, and random videos. I look forward to having you in the journey with me!!

Sent by Captain's orders via raven

• Like 1

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

yo

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I also decided to post my start pics here. Need the accountability.

f4783ee6bc19227295f886b8735ff500.jpg3f6fd635b1708ae9870c91f976450903.jpg33b2e786b5679ee9bc29e379b1c6bb8a.jpgfd963caf8ace2a1c0e03651c841fd808.jpg

I've actually been afraid to post any of these before, however no guts, no glory..

• Like 1

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

You're gutsier than me! I take monthly pics, but I hide them in my own folder. So great of you to share!

I'll be cheering you on. I have 45 pounds to go for my goal, so I'll be here a while, too. Luck, bro!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

don't ever be ashamed of where you are :)

you are going somewhere awesome

• Like 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

For all of us dealing with the snow, here is a video showing you can do parkour, ice and all. My personal favorite free runner.

http://youtu.be/nmtpngSjKqE

• Like 3

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Not much going on today. I'm still figuring out where to work out while I'm at work. (For those who don't know, I generally work 12 to 14 hours a day.) I brought my jump rope with me to work more with it. Didn't have any extra time today, however I'm keeping it with me all this week.

Now for a laugh:

http://youtu.be/2UFc1pr2yUU

I know, this is a random battle log. It's fun, though! :)

• Like 3

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Are you still driving the tanker truck? I'm thinking a slosh tube seems pretty portable, and you're obviously decent at making things with pvc. :)

That video... "I been on edge since they took kombucha off the shelf..." That was when I started brewing my own. My husband can still work up a good rant at Lindsay Lohan over that :P

• Like 1

Are you still driving the tanker truck? I'm thinking a slosh tube seems pretty portable, and you're obviously decent at making things with pvc. :)

That video... "I been on edge since they took kombucha off the shelf..." That was when I started brewing my own. My husband can still work up a good rant at Lindsay Lohan over that :P

Yup, still driving the tanker. Delivering lots of milk and I don't drink much if it. :)

When I remember, I'll snap a pic of what milk does to concrete over time. If anyone still thinks milk isn't acidic, that pic should straighten them out.

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

What are active minutes?

You earn "active minutes" when you wear your Fitbit while doing cardio workouts and high-intensity activities like jogging and running. For trackers without heart-rate sensing, you can expect your active minute count to be lower for activities that are not primarily step based, such as weight lifting, cycling, and rowing.

EARNING ACTIVE MINUTES

By default, you are given a starting goal of 30 active minutes a day based on the Center for Disease Control's recommendation of 20-30 minutes of daily moderate-to-intense activity. You can always change your active minutes goal to meet your personal needs.

All Fitbit trackers calculate active minutes using metabolic equivalents (METs). A MET is a unit that represents the amount of oxygen used by a body during physical activity; therefore, METs are useful indicators for the intensity of physical activities. For example, a MET of 1 indicates a body at rest. Your MET value in any given minute is determined by the intensity of your activity based on your speed.

ACHIEVING YOUR ACTIVE MINUTE GOAL

Depending on your tracker, your dashboard will display “active minutes†for activities at or above 3 METs or “very active minutes†for activities at or above 6 METs. The Force, Charge, Charge HR, and Surge track active minutes. The Ultra, Zip, One, and Flex track very active minutes. To stay in line with the CDC’s “10 minutes at a time is fine†concept, minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. You can view the CDC’s recommendations here:http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html.

The more calories you burn the higher your MET value, and therefore the more calories you burn, the higher your active minutes. When looking at your calorie graph, shown below, the green spikes indicate that you’re earning active minutes.

• Like 1

Spoiler

For all of us dealing with the snow, here is a video showing you can do parkour, ice and all. My personal favorite free runner.

That is an awesome video! I'm afraid I'd have to be 30 years younger to attempt any of these jumps. The one off the building with the roll is my favorite. :)

Thanks for sharing your Fitbit info. I'd been thinking of getting one, but the computer logging seemed complicated. 

Level 9 Ranger

I don't do any computer logging with my Fitbit. .... I just wear it and walk

Spoiler

That is an awesome video! I'm afraid I'd have to be 30 years younger to attempt any of these jumps. The one off the building with the roll is my favorite. :)

Thanks for sharing your Fitbit info. I'd been thinking of getting one, but the computer logging seemed complicated.

Usually all my fitbit info is on my iPhone. I just take screenshots from the app.

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

I'm very excited today!! One of my non rebellion friends just joined us!!

I meant to post this as well, my fitbit report from 2014.

bb822668c3fce3c356bba65ba65080b2.jpg

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Well, it's official. According to my fitbit, I walked from the Shire to Mordor last year. Now to get back. :)

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

Also fab about your friend joining the Rebellion. You are ON, Mr Captain Sir!

Level 9 Ranger

Hey all!

I wanted to let you know I started a thread in the pub section to show off project weapons or for people who have questions about building their own.

It is here:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60130-nf-armory/

Cheers!

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook