Bodyweight Workout Squad

bsdobson

Also, just to clarify, the spreadsheet will be used to grade yourself at the end of the week.

For example, I will more than likely grade myself with a C this week in the category "Week 1 Goals". My workouts were lousy and my diet followed suit.

Next week will be better though. Much better.

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: center]

LVL 2

STR: 7.5, DEX: 3, STA: 5, CON: 4, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

[/table]

Ok, i added myself to the spreadsheet, but since this is my first time doing this challenge, I'm not entirely sure how the spreadsheet works. We grade ourselves on our goals every week, but it looks there are also weekly challenges that we also fill out?

Awesome. Picked running and pullups as my only workout exercises because they were full bodyweight. One upper body and the other lower body. Any suggestions for a full bw core exercise? Minimalism disctates one per major muscle group.

Today I saw a guy at my gym inverted with his legs wrapped around the top of a heavybag doing sit-ups. I was pissed that I didn't have a camera, but this guy on youtube is doing exactly what I saw today:

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I started this book this week and has a lot of good ideas as well as a good progression to way more advance workings! Just think Spartacus and Greek gods and you got what your working towards with this book ;)

If you want minimalism, pick up Convict Conditioning. I'm serious. It has 10 progressions starting from easy to extremely difficult for all of the major muscle groups.

Pull-Ups

Push-Ups

Leg Raises (abs/core)

Squats

Then when you're strong enough and hit the right level:

Bridges (back/hips)

Handstand Push-Ups

Orpheus' Toughmudder log || Facebook

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.â€

Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks for your help. I have some guidelines:

1. One exercise per major muscle group in order of size - Lower body, upper body, core.

2. I try to stay away from push ups and the like because they are not full BW. To me this means that you are moving your entire bw on each rep as resistance. This is really a time-related constraint because I would rather do an exercise that involves all or most muscles in a major muscle group.

3. Handstand push ups are great but I would rule them out on the ground because you can't get the full range of motion as your head is in the way. I would consider doing handstand push ups on a straight bar or parallel bars because you can dip your head down below your hands for full range.

4. My progresssion usually involves setting a reasonable goal for reps, doubling that number and trying to get there over time using perfect form. It works for me.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Thanks for your help. I have some guidelines:

1. One exercise per major muscle group in order of size - Lower body, upper body, core.

2. I try to stay away from push ups and the like because they are not full BW. To me this means that you are moving your entire bw on each rep as resistance. This is really a time-related constraint because I would rather do an exercise that involves all or most muscles in a major muscle group.

3. Handstand push ups are great but I would rule them out on the ground because you can't get the full range of motion as your head is in the way. I would consider doing handstand push ups on a straight bar or parallel bars because you can dip your head down below your hands for full range.

4. My progresssion usually involves setting a reasonable goal for reps, doubling that number and trying to get there over time using perfect form. It works for me.

Precisely why you need to check out the book. The push-up progressions don't rely on quantity of push-ups. There are 10 differently levels of difficulty for them. It's super minimalist. Trust me. I'm the same as you with all of this. Check it out. PM me for more info.

And don't rule out handstand push-ups yet. You're already limiting yourself. Before you judge the progressions, you should take a look. I'd even send you the PDF for you to check out. Not gonna try and convince you any more, but I'm with you on the minimalism and full range of motion.

my fitness goals are

1. to do the julien greaux day one workout without stopping for rest

2. do 100 pushups consecutively without stopping

3. to get from 11% body fat to 6% body fat

life goals

1. Finish reading radical, his needs her needs, and the disciplines of a godly man

2. shoot less than 100 on a round of golf

Jason, I'll call you tomorrow. Your goals are more specific now and you have a better chance of seeing tangible results!

ETFnerd, glad to see you here. I like your goals, but I'm going to vouch for pushups as well. I started reading Convict Conditioning this afternoon and it's changing my perspective on a lot of things.

LVL 2

[/table]

I'm giving myself a C for the week. My maxes were good numbers and I feel good about them, but my workouts got progressively sloppier each day. Today was the worst of them all. Any one else having this issue?

LVL 2

[/table]

This week ran/walked 49.3miles over 7 days and did 214 pull-ups over 4 days. Was a pretty consistent week and I experimented with skipping the rest day. Didn't sleep well a few days and I will be reinstituting a once per week rest day.

Just saying hello from the Acrobatics and Calisthenics squad. We're more alike than you might think ;-) Pretty much the entire squad is working on push ups or pull ups. Anyway, how are you guys doing?

Hello darkstar, I imagine there is much similarity between the two groups I hope everyone had a good first week over there.

"Civilize the Mind, but make Savage the Body."  

Week 1: A-

Chin ups: 10-Complete

Pushups: 40-Complete

Crunches: 40-Complete

Squats: 40-Complete

Mile Run: 8:45 min(15 seconds above what my goal was(That sucks..))

Overall I feel good about this week. :D

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

Goals for Week 2: 11-12 Chinups, 40 Pushups in 1 min, 40 Crunches in 1 min, 40 Squats in 1 min. 8:20 min mile.

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

Week 1: A-

Chin ups: 10-Complete

Pushups: 40-Complete

Crunches: 40-Complete

Squats: 40-Complete

Mile Run: 8:45 min(15 seconds above what my goal was(That sucks..))

Overall I feel good about this week. :D

great job. i tried to do a mile in about 8 but did it in 855 which is good for me but my shins were killing me does this go away once you continue running everyday and build those muscles?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines