Bodyweight Workout Squad

bsdobson

We love newbies! Welcome! Let us know how we can help. Would love to give you some motivation if I can. :)

Thanks Loren Wade!

I started off pretty motivated. I've even seen some positive results. I'm struggling to stay motivated right now. My work outs on Monday and Tuesday were very tough, but I did them. Unfortunately I have not taken my walks at lunch this week like I normally do. I will walk tomorrow.

So of my goals for this week i failed on running 10 miles total for the week i did run 7 miles total but i did do 7.4 miles on the bike so i feal good about al myworkouts this weeek going to try for the 60 pushups tomorrow or sunday we will see but all my workouts were good decreased my time on day one like i wanted im eating less carbs about 200-250 grams less actually i was intaking 350-400 daily but now down to 150. my ab routine only took me 24 minutes thursday last week it took 35 minutes so i was pumped about that. i will grae myself after i complete my 60 pushups.

It was Saturday night and quiet at the gym. Only a few of us there. When I was growing up, there was a sign in the dojo that said: "Train harder, your opponent is." Because I still do tournaments, I still think this from time to time. When the gym is crowded, I get a lot of energy from watching others exerting and pushing their capabilities around me. They don't need to be superhuman in what the lift, run or endure. They just have to be looking at their limits, staring them down every day and saying: "I got this." On nights like tonight when no one is around, I think that the opponent that I beat the last ten times we met is going all out to outpoint me and knock me down next time. I have to be better than the last time I met him, or I won't survive. It's a challenge to train in such a way that stretches the limits of my opponents' imagination.

i watched a crossfit video on nightlight's thread. The woman, Annie, who won was impressive in her strength, endurance, and resolve. What really appeals to me when it comes to competition is the way it works. I throw out my best, you do the same and there you have it.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Sunday 11/13/2011 - Run felt good today. Cranked it up to 100 assisted punching bag situps/every other day, did 20, 35, 30, 15 today. Weighed in at 161.6lbs (-1.8lbs), ran every day this week for a total of 44.7 miles, did 152 pullups and 253 situps. All in all a good week. Skipped the long run again today, and decided to work on core a little more for balance. Ate well averaging over 200g protein per day, 40g fat, 330g carbs, 50g fiber. Ate avg 2,500kcal/day gross. Exercise 800kcal/day for net 1700kcal/day. Slept badly, but focused on getting better rest. Have had a cold all week from my daughters who bring it home from school and have struggled with sinus headaches. On track for year end goals.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Week 3 Completed.

1. Got some MOTIVATION!!!! Ready for the new weeks up ahead!!

2. Came up with different days to workout on. From now on its gonna be workouts on Mondays and Tuesdays, Wednesdays off with moderate exercise, Thursdays and Fridays workouts, and Saturdays and Sundays rest with moderate exercise.

3. Changed up my diet, I'm still gonna be eating Palio but I need to start a reaction in my body so I'm gonna be playing around with my carbs all week by not eating as many or none at all. I have a really detailed plan about it but I really don't want to write it all down.

Overall this was a really bad week for me... But I'm just gonna try to get back on my feet by changing up everything! I give myself a B- for not working out 3 times this week or sticking with my diet all the way. I am so READY!!

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

Week 4 Goals:

1. 50 Pushups, 50 crunches, 50 squats, 15 Chinups, 8:00 min mile.

2. Stick to new diet and don't falter on intermittent fast day. Basically say NO to Junk

3. Get a buff chest by the end of Week 6.

4. Steer clear from procrastination.

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

so i totally forgot to see how many push ups i could do yesterday i was at work all day and was tired when i got home didnt feel like it.

Week 4 goals:

1. do 12 pullups

2. run/walk a 5k on monday wednesday and friday and do 7 miles on bike on tuesday and thursday

3. do 5x50 luges with 50 on my back

4. do 15 chin ups

Thank you guys for being a huge encouragement. If it were not for your accountability, I probably would have quit 3 weeks ago!

Also, glad to see newbies!

I've been WAY too hard on myself for my diet and workout grading on the spreadsheet. I'm a perfectionist and if one day goes wrong, I feel like that deserves a whole letter grade. My wife made me get up at 5:30 to be at the gym by 6 and today's workout was great. I'm sticking to Convict Conditioning and only doing 3 main body exercises a day, so I'm not overdoing it. I've wanted to meet my goals so badly that I skipped the early stages and tried to go for numbers instead of strength and health. With that said, here was today's workout:

-50 jumping jacks

-30, 30 squats

-12, 17, 13, 11, 17 pushups

-10, 15, 15, 20 bent leg raises

All of that was done slowly and with great focus on using only muscle and NO momentum (I did cheat on some of the pushups. Apparently when I do squats before pushups, my legs shake like CRAZY when I do my pushups. I'm going to have to fix that).

Gugi, as you can see above, I'm only doing some jumping jacks for a warm-up. I'm down to add some other stuff to my routine if anyone else wants to post their warmup (and cool-down, I need some more stretching) here.

Jschultzie, YOU'RE GOING DOWN!

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: center]

LVL 2

STR: 7.5, DEX: 3, STA: 5, CON: 4, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

[/table]

What do you guys do for warm-ups?

When running I do 5 min walking @4.5mph. I do the same at the end for cool down. What I try to accomplish is to warm up the muscles and try to get them as loose and relaxed as I can get them for when I need to crank it up.

When doing pullups I do a little calesthenics. Swinging arms forward and back in order to get blood flowing to my shoulders as that is second point of failure with grip and fingers being the first. I do very little and just want the muscle relaxed before I contract it, especially if I'm coming into it from the cold outside.

When doing sit ups, I do nothing. I get right into it.

I have this baseline philosophy from karate that I don't do warmup. The reason is that in fighting, you don't do a lot of calesthenics before you get into it. You are ready when the thing starts which is any second. Having said that, as I got older, injury prevention becomes more important and impromptu fighting becomes less so. Nevertheless, less is more, as you will, over time, get acclimated to how you train. I don't want to be Sergio Garcia wiggling the driver's club head 18 times before I tee off, that just shows you have psychological problems. I think about my pace, say 5 min, or 30 seconds or whatever and then I just dive right into it.

It is also important to me to not really tire myself out in the warm up. It is just priming the pump (or greasing the groove in local parlance) to avoid injury. I don't understand why someone who I saw posting recently (maybe it was Army) does a set of pushups to failure to warmup, that sounds like a normal set in the workout to me. Maybe he or others can chime in as to what the thinking behind that strategy is as I am curious.

So today of my 4 challenges for the week i completed three i did 12 pull ups and i did 2 sets of 15 chinups i was pretty pumped!!! i also did the 5k i did it in 41 minutes it was tough but i pushed through. i did 4 sets of 30 pushups with dumbells so i could go lower and get a better stretch. the lunges didnt happen lol i tried doing it with 30 lbs in each hand but only did 10 and it was just to much ii will try next week with some twenties or something.

oh and bsdobson were you not the one who wanted to extended the contest to christmas because you know i will beat you. its cool ill just show you on two major holidays how awesome and ripped i am!!!

Feeling better about the time spent with my training. I now have started to incorporate pull ups, chin ups and dips into me work outs. Yesterday I felt like I was at my strongest in many years. Here is the lo down.

5 min warm up jumping rope (I want to get to a point where i can do it without stopping. I have a way to go for this)

Squats 25/25/30

Push ups 12/16/16

Lunges 26/28/30

Plank 45/45/45 (seconds)

Dips 5/5/5

Jumping jacks 40/40/40

This was done with only about a minute rest between sets

On Monday I went for a walk and ended up running. I'M NOT A RUNNER. After about a half mile I decided to jog a bit. I was going down hill and wanted to keep my heart rate up. I just kept running because it actually felt good. Total distance was about two miles and I ran a mile. It took me 26 minutes to go the two miles. I was pretty stoked.

My diet has remained pretty consistent. Reduced my carb and sugar intake. Eating more meat, veggies and fruits. I've gained a couple pounds however. I'm thinking it's because I started to drink smoothies with added whey protien. I guess I'm putting on more muscle mass than losing fat.

It would make sense if Loren were related to Paul since he is the one who got me on Convict too. I bet he is getting a small commission from it!

Gugi, You've already beaten my max. Sunday I will try to max again.

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: center]

LVL 2

STR: 7.5, DEX: 3, STA: 5, CON: 4, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

[/table]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines