Bodyweight Workout Squad

bsdobson

Week 5 Completed.

1. Got to 50 on all exercises. 7 Chin ups(Sucks!) and didn't run at all this week. Guess I should'a put thanksgiving into account... 1.5

2. Focussed on my diet but not on thanksgiving so...yeah... 2

3. Procrastination is still a problem. 0

4. This sucked, I couldn't do any rock climbing cause of thanksgiving... I gotta really think ahead. :( 0

Overall: 3.5/10 Wow.... Gotta really try harder next time!!

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

Week 6 Goals!

1. 60 Pushups, 60 Crunches, 60 Squats, 15 Chinups, 8:00 min mile. I don't know why I give myself too many things to do this week, but if I demand more then maybe I'll get more!! 3

2. Focus on Diet!! 3

3. Stay off Procrastination! Get as much stuff done as I possibly can! 2

4. Rock Climb at least 2 times this week! I can do this one this time! 2

Feel like I'm gambling right now.. Haha

C'mon Week 6!!

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa

My week got ridiculously busy (as I'm sure it did for many of you too). I hate missing workouts, but I had to miss two of mine last week. So, didn't even get to attempt the 4 min plank. Sorry to let y'all down. However, I sure would like to hear about your attempts at it. Anyone make it?!

Brock. If I may offer some advice on the plank, while requiring physical strength, it's mostly a mental exercise. Different people have different approaches. Mine is to set small goals throughout the total time. For example, on my 3 min plank, I split it up into 11 smaller segments: (2) 30 sec, (3) 20 sec, and (6) 10 sec. Each time, I would say "I can quit as soon as I make it to the end of this segment or I can choose to continue to the next segment.". I set longer time segments in the beginning because, obviously, you are stronger in the beginning. Towards the end, it's easier to say "I'm just gonna make it for another 10 seconds." and that sort of thing. I don't know if this approach would work for you, but, for me, it works well, as I'm forcing my brain to focus on smaller manageable goals instead of one giant overwhelming goal.

I'm better, thanks. Taking the rest of the day off and going to bed early helped me fend it off before I really got sick.

I'll give it another go tonight before or after my CC-session.

Speaking of Convict; I'm having DOMS after leg raises lvl 1. That's really weird. Not as easy an exercise, as I thought initially :-)

Also. I got my sweatshirts yesterday. They feel great. That much is true. What should do showing it off, for Steve?

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.655961,11.649588

i did 2:15 a couple days ago. my goal for tomorrow is to really push it and get 3+. i'll post here.

last workout...

chinups: 10, 8, 5, 4

wide chest pushups: 37, 32, 23, 23

lunges: 50, 40, 36, 40

planks: 2:10, 1:15, 1:06

my goal for tomorrow is to improve at least by one rep/second/whatever in each of those 15 sets.

last workout in normal text, today's in BOLD

2 minute rest after each set, 5 minutes in between each individual exercise.

chinups: 10 11, 8 7, 5 5, 4 5 (27) (28)

wide chest pushups: 37 43, 32 25, 23 20, 23 19 (115) (107)

prisoner lunges: 50 60, 40 46, 36 40, 40 38 (166) (184)

planks: 2:10 2:32, 1:15 1:23, 1:06 1:30 (4:31) (5:25)

comments

chinups: 11 is my personal record. very happy with it. improved overall reps by 1. my goal is to get to 30 before transitioning to pullups. almost there!

wide chest pushups: i need to move on to something more difficult. any suggestions? i get similar numbers when i do them with my legs/feet elevated. my total numbers were lower, but that's because i busted my ass on the first set. very happy with my effort.

lunges: proud of myself. really pushed it until form failed and i felt like my legs would fall off.

planks: it's not 3 minutes yet, but i'll take a 22 second improvement on the first rep and nearly a minute overall. i've been past 3 before (3:30 if i'm recalling correctly) but it takes time to get back there.

good workout today.

wide chest pushups: i need to move on to something more difficult. any suggestions?

Brock, you should start moving towards one-arm pushups.

Try diamond push-ups and if that is still not challenging enough then move on to uneven pushups. I'm starting diamond pushups on monday.

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: center]

LVL 2

STR: 7.5, DEX: 3, STA: 5, CON: 4, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

[/table]

Brock. Nice job. I'm sure it feels really good to make the kind of progress you're making. I'm looking forward to when I can do 11 chin ups in a row. Keep it up!

injex. I agree with gugi. Keep going. Just revise your schedule and goals. Don't let a speed bump derail your total progress. You can do it!

gugi. I think I'm throwing in the towel on the 5 min plank goal for this challenge. Don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe next challenge. Should've recorded the 4 min plank when I had the chance, but recording it was the last thing that I was thinking about at the time. Oh well.

Hope everyone else is hangin' in there! Just a few more days to meet those goals!

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

gugi, I think I'll start out with the basketball, and work towards one-handed pushups.

I'll have to get in on the next six-week challenge and get a thread going.

I need to do better with my eating habits.

About to get a quick workout done before a party tonight, to which I'm bringing peanut butter and chocolate covered pretzels, and much beer will be consumed. ;)

gugi. I think I'm throwing in the towel on the 5 min plank goal for this challenge. Don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe next challenge. Should've recorded the 4 min plank when I had the chance, but recording it was the last thing that I was thinking about at the time. Oh well.

no problem. I've been doing so many things lately that my planks have become shorter and shorter. Yesterday was a mere 1:47. I need to slow down in order to get anywhere near 5 minutes.

I did however find another fun challenge yesterday. The crow stand. A real challenge for balance and core strength. I managed a 37 seconds (IIRC), so there is room for improvement :-)

- Gugi9000

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines