Vasilis Rejoins the Fight!

Vasilis777

Alright so my goal of striking out on my own and not logging stuff on here failed miserably... Without the Support of all my fellow rangers and the added accountability to post my progress here I slowly faded out of working out and eating healthy... Well no more Vasilis is ready to rejoin the ranks of his brethren and it all starts today.

Goal: To get weight under 200 and be more fit

Quest 1: Track food on MyFitness Pal and post only Calories and Red areas of nutrition with small overview of what went well (+3 WIS +2 CON)

Quest 2: Workout Monday and Friday with Xbox Fitness MOSSA Power and Tuesday Thursday and Saturday with Xbox Fitness MOSSA Fight (or an equivalent exercise if not able) (+3 DEX +2 STR)

Quest 3: Follow plan of going to bed by 11:00 and waking up at 6:30 (+2 CHA +2 WIS +1 STA)

I will use the bars in my signature to grade my self just like a school grade. i.e. 60 and under = F 61-70 = D 71-80 = C 81-90 = B and 91-100 = A

• Like 1

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

STR |5.5| DEX|4| STA|4| CON|6| WIS|5| CHA|0|

Previous Challenge: Level 1 RebelRangersRangersMonks Current Challenge: Monks

Track Calories with MyFitnessPal (4.5% per comp)

9%
9%

MOSSA Power and Fight (5% per comp)

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

Bed by 10:30 awake by 6:30 (2.25% per each per comp)

0%
0%

Ok so the first day went pretty good I'd say. I tracked all of my food and I stayed well below the calories allowed for the day. I'm allowed 2190 Calories by MFP and I ended up with 584 left. I ate 1680 calories and burned 74 calories with my lifting workout. My worst nutrition was sodium... I was 1293 mg over I also had 4 more Polyunsaturated fat and 2 more monounsaturated fat than I should have as well as 30% more calcium and 45g more sugar. The most under I was was on Potassium ( which I don't think is good) I only ate 203 mg. I think instead of writing all this I'll try taking a screenshot and posting that with this that way if anyone has some advice on my nutrition you've got the full picture but I don't have to type everything up which takes forever....

For working out my goal is to get up at 6:30 and work out in the morning. However I'm still working on getting up when my alarm goes off and it's been freezing here in central PA which doesn't help me want to get up and workout much... So I was leaving it to evening but it was still rather chilly in our house even though we had the fire going so I just lifted weights doing all the same lifts as the MOSSA Power just a few less reps than in the video and without moving everything to use the Kinect. So that'll be an equivalent (I also carried 10, 40lb bags of wood pellets down into the basement).

I did go to bed right around 11 but didn't really fall asleep until 11:30 (which is fine) I slept through my alarms though and got up at 7:45 which is better than I had been doing all of 2014 but not quite the goal yet. So half credit there.

Screenshot_2015-01-06-13-10-27.png

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Ok day two. Went pretty good. I was much better as far as my eating was concerned I kept track of everything and was well under. Also nutrition was pretty good. I do need to get more potassium in my diet it looks like... Not sure how to do that... I know that Bananas have a decent amount but idk what else does. 

I did not work out because while I can blame it on being cold I was lazy last night and did not want to work out so I told myself it was fine I would just make myself get up this morning and work out instead. Which brings me to going to bed and waking up...

I went to bed around 11:30 because I forgot about laundry in the dryer so I had to fold it and then gather some things to bring to bed (water for my wife, a heating bag for my wife, and blankets. Then on my way up with the laundry and stuff I tripped and spilled water everywhere (it was very annoying) so by the time I cleaned that up it was about 11:30 and I went right to sleep. When my alarms went off this morning I woke up at 6:30 but head that morning headache coming on (the dehydration one I think) and then I closed my eyes and it was 7:30... So I got up then which is still better than I used to do but not my goal yet. So half credit there again today.

Screenshot_2015-01-07-09-33-12.png

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Well here we go day three is down and it wasn't probably as good as it could have been better but it was what it was. So as far as keeping track of food yesterday I didn't actually keep track during the day but I did enter everything in this morning so I did keep track. I had 480 calories left at the end of the day which is pretty good and I'll post the pic of the nutrition below it was  actually a bit better today than other day.

Today was a day off of working out however I was going to make up for the missed day the day before but that didn't work out as we had family come into town. So unfortunately I don't think much working out will get done this weekend... I would go outside to do it but the windchill is well below 0 degrees right now and it's not worth the risk. I'll rely on diet this week and start the workout part next week.

I ended up going to bed around 11:10 or so and fell asleep close to 11:30 and I got up at 7:00 exactly which is an improvement and I'm giving myself full credit for that today :) 

Screenshot_2015-01-08-10-40-40.png

• Like 1

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Ok update of the weekend that just past I took a break (unfortunately) because we had visitors which made it difficult to exercise as planned.

Monday: Went to bed Sunday @ 11 got up around 7 which is pretty good. I did not track food but I did lift weights and do ab exercise.

Tuesday: Went to bed on Monday right @ 11. I was playing a game and saw that it was 11 and usually I would keep playing but Monday I said no let's do this and went to bed! Tuesday I woke up at 7:30 because I woke up with a dehydration headache... but I drank lots of water (didn't track food though...) and then I did various cardio exercises to about covered what Xbox Fitness MOSSA Fight would have.

• Like 1

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Looks like a good start to the challenge.  Keep with those goals!!! 

Do you have MFP friends? I'm TerraMEarth, friend me if you like!   I don't always track but I'm thinking that I need to get myself back to tracking as just eating paleo isn't enough... 

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Winter is Coming

Alright so Wed is a day off of working out for me but not the other stuff. Good news first is that I tracked food all day which was great Nutrition posted below :) 

The not so half good news is that I got up around 7:45 better than the past but not as good as it has been and unfortunately I went to bed past midnight... So that's not a good go no credit for that today...

Anyway back to on track today!!

Screenshot_2015-01-15-13-46-17.png

• Like 1

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Well it hasn't been going super well on anything except for going to bed @ 11. I have done that consistently this whole time and this morning I woke up at 6:30 and got up but then came back to bed (because it was freezing in the house) to read and fell asleep again... So not exactly what I'm going for.. I think my main problem right now is the fact of how cold it is. That combined with having to move our coffee table and area rug in the living room in order to do my workouts makes it far to much I have to do in the cold to overcome with my desire to do it... So I feel as though I will be much better when it is warmer but at the same time I feel like I'm just making excuses and need to just do this thing. I remember how good it felt to be regularly working out and eating right and losing weight. Alright that's it. I'm just gonna set myself to do this thing from this point forward, no more excuses!

• Like 1

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Good news, I still keep forgetting to keep track of food but over the past week I've done the equivalent of my exercises (been very active out in the snow [including pushing my car alone out of a stuck position :-/]) However I also have been going to sleep rather late (this is literally because the way we are heating right now (saving up to heat more efficiently by next winter (first winter with baby Nathanael :D) is that we can only get our bedroom and living room warm and cozy so what has happened is that my wife gets very cozy on the couch but I haven't warmed up the bedroom yet so I usually wait downstairs with my wife while the bedroom heats up and the living room cools down but don't wanna sleep on the couch haha. So I play video games instead (or workout). This will definitely improve as the temp improves or I better remember to warm up the bedroom earlier. Anyway the good news I wanted to post was that I had my yearly physical and while being overweight (though the doctor did not say anything about that) I was told I am in perfect health as well as the comment that their first blood pressure reading was slightly high only because they used a normal size pad and because I have larger biceps than most they needed to use the bigger pad 8-) I don't see it but that sounds like somethings going good!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Oh one addition while I have been going to bed closer to midnight or 1AM I actually have been getting up around 7:30 so still doing good at getting up!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%