heyarnold13 has entered the game!

heyarnold13

Actually, she's been skulking around the game for awhile now, popping her head in and out, but now she's in it to win it!

Main Quest

• Get down to 190 pounds to unlock Blistering Charm!  :welcoming:

Challenge Goals

1. Limit self to one processed food item per grocery trip (sometimes a girl needs her toast, aight?)
  2. Hit the gym or pavement at least 3x a week
  3. Bring lunch to work at least 2x a week (save them dollar bills)
  4. Bonus goal: Write more! Write something (journal entry, short story, fanfiction, whatever) at least 4x a week

Grading System

1. Processed Food

• A: Limits processed purchase to one for entire week
  • B: Limits processed purchase to one per grocery trip for week
  • C: Processed purchases exceed 3 in one week, but no Oreos purchased
  • D: Processed purchases exceed 3 in one week, but Oreos are purchased
  • F: Well dang girl put that second pack of double-stuffed Oreos down and go buy a banana

2. Exercise

• A: Achieves 4 workouts in a week
  • B: Achieves goal of 3 workouts in a week
  • C: Gets 2 workouts in for the week
  • D: Gets 1 workout in for the week
  • F: Is a lazy potato

3. Lunch

• A: Brings lunch to work 3 times a week
  • B: Achieves goal of bringing lunch 2 times
  • C: Brings lunch 1 time during week
  • D: Makes lunch for week but leaves it at home
  • F: Look at your wallet. It is empty.

4. Writing

• A: Writes 4 times
  • B: Writes 3 times
  • C: Writes 2 times
  • D: Writes 1 time
  • F: Forgets the English language

Here's to the New Year, fellow rebels and nerds! Let's get after it.

request-five.gif

Challenge | Twitter: @jarnold427 | Obsession

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Start: 190   |   Goal: 175

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Start: 225   |   Goal: 190

Battle Log: Operation Avenger

Coming up on the end of Week 1! Here's how I'm doing so far:

Processed Food

• A! Kept to the outskirts of the grocery store and did not buy one processed food item. Really an A+, but whatever.

Exercise

• B! Did running and body weight circuit on Monday, and then I just got back from a total butt kicking workout that is counting as 2. Though it feels like 3, so while I'm tempted to give myself an A, I'll stick with what I laid out at the beginning of this challenge. Though if I go for a light run tomorrow to stretch out, I'll update this.
  • This gym I found, though? INCREDIBLE!! Walked in for an intro class, but because of the cold I was the only one so it was more of a personal training class. Then the instructor/owner (who has heard of NF and loves it by the way!) invited me to stay for the Kettlebell class. Total butt kicking and now I'm delightfully tired and ready to spend all day not standing up.

Lunch

• C. Womp Womp. This is what happens when we get a ton of new interns... we have to have "introductory lunches" for all of them. Though my wallet didn't suffer, because 3/5 days this week, my lunch cost under $5. So that's pretty good.

Writing

• B+/A-, because I have today and tomorrow where I know I'll be writing more. Just dabbling in some short stories and little scenes that have been running through my head, and I'm having lots of fun with them!

Okay, off to shower to wash off all the sweat and grime from this morning's workouts. LOVE IT!!

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Goal for next challenge: make posting in my challenge part of the challenge.

Week 2!

Food

• A!!! Once again kept to the outskirts of the store. Only thing I bought in a box was quinoa. Winning! Though, really, I shouldn't get an A since I spent so much time drinking beer and eating questionable food over the weekend at a Frisbee tournament. But I stuck to the goal! :D

Exercise

• A!!! Monday at 6am I had my first weightlifting class. I'm on the fast track to WARRIOR! Sorry, Adventurers. I'm Guild-jumping after this challenge. Then Tuesday I had my second weightlifting class and immediately followed it with a grueling Kettlebell session. Two workouts in one day! Then I had a Frisbee tournament over MLK weekend out in Los Angeles (such a nice break from the east coast) and did lots of running in the sand on Saturday and Sunday. I'm giving myself a mental A+ for the week.

Lunch

• Alas, another sad C. Shooting for a B or A next week!

Writing

• A! But only because I've been bitten by a new fandom (hello Arrow) and everything is ship-spired. That's shipper-inspired. Ugh I love it. Spent a lot of time on the plane this past weekend scribbling in my little notebook.

New post for Week 3 coming at you!

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

It's currently Week 3, right? My days are all a mess after the long weekend.

Monday was a travel day for me, but I got some more writing done!

Tuesday was back to work. Gross.

Wednesday was my THIRD weightlifting class! Deadlifts! Becoming more and more obsessed with it. I didn't even hate waking up at 5am! Okay, I hated it a little, but it was so worth it. Also I brought my lunch to work. Success!

Thursday was a happy hour day, Friday was a night of waaaayyyyy too much drinking (ugh), but this morning I dragged my hungover self out of bed to my gym for weightlifting and it. was. awesome. I have now "graduated" from level 1 to level 2 and can't wait for my next class!

Grades to be filled in later. I just need to keep track of my thoughts somehow  :nevreness:

Update: here to fill in all the things!

Processed Food

• This is a hard one to grade this week, because I am in the Northeast and had to purchase things to be blizzard-ready, aka packaged foods that would survive if the power went out. I bought granola bars, canned soup, granola, bread, and peanut butter at the store on Sunday to prepare. Though I wish I could give myself a higher grade, I'll keep it real here and give myself a dreaded C.

Exercise

• Only achieved three this week, and one of them was super light, but it's still a B

Lunch

• Finally, a B!!!!!!!

Writing

• I've been doodle-writing a lot at work. Like instead of doodle-doodling, I write phrases and things. 1. because I suck at drawing and 2. because my head is usually filled with words words words that just want to find their home on paper. But I published a little fanfiction (don't judge me) story that I REALLY love! So it was an A week!
  • Like 1

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Logging my Tuesday/Thursday workouts, because they were kickass!!!! I go to this place that focuses on functional movement and all that good stuff, so these workouts are sort of like CrossFit, but not. I think? I don't really know. I love them and that's all that matters.

Tuesday

Skill: Turkish Get Ups (20 total)

“Mary†
20mn AMRAP
* 5 HSPUs 
* 10 Pistols (alt) 
* 15 Kipping Pull-ups

^That was the prescribed workout. Am I capable (YET!) of handstand pushups or pistol squats or even a normal pull-up? NOPE!!! After doing all my Turkish Get Ups (which I am quite capable of), my coach set the four of us (none of us are at that level yet) on our progressions for the skills. First, though, we all had to kick up into handstands. I do not do handstands. I want to, but I've never been able to get all the way up before and usually do wall stuff. BUT NOT ON TUESDAY! I kicked up into a handstand (with spotting!) and it was so amazing!!!!!! I had a smile on my face the rest of the morning after that. Anyhoo, progressions:

*5 overhead dumbbell presses, seated on the ground. I started with 15 lbs, but my coach made me switch to 20lb dumbbells for my last two rounds. Awesome!

*10 alternating pistol-ish squats. Squated to touch butt to a box. Started with some weight plates on the box and my coach took them off as I went through my rounds and got better at them.

*15 jumping pull-ups! Those things sneak up on your lungs and heart rate. Loved them.

So it was a 20 minute AMRAP... and I got 7 rounds in!!! BOOM BABY!

tumblr_ml9sw7qG4y1s3xrufo1_500.gif

Thursday

Skill: Windmill

OH Press
3*3*3*3
Push Press
2*2*2*2

For Time:
* Row 1 mile

^Prescribed workout. LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! First time doing overheads and push press with weight on the barbell. I think I got up to 55lb on the OH and I got to 65lb on the push press. It's written down at my gym. As for rowing, I was hella nervous for this since I haven't rowed more than five minutes since high school and my running mile time is dismal. PLUS the row came (for me) in between my OH and push press sets. I know it should be mostly leg, but it was in the last third of the hour and I was getting tired. But I pushed through it and ended up with an 8:06.9 time for the 1600m. So much better than I thought I would do!! AND I was the fastest of the three of us there this morning!

Obviously had to have a post-shower dance party with my coffee after such a great morning. Found this great Spotify playlist called "Mood Booster." Highly recommend it :D

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Week 4!

Processed Food

• A! I almost feel like I'm cheating with this one since I have had literally zero time to grocery shop for most of this challenge.  Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exercise

• hellz yisss!!! Got my three "CrossFit" workouts in (not quite CrossFit, but that's the easiest way to describe it in one word. Gymnastics meets weightlifting and WODs and plyos and functional fitness and asskickery) plus a small run on Wednesday. Feeling SO good and amping up my classes to four this week for Week 5!!  :biggrin-new:

Lunch

• Gracious I don't even remember... I know I brought it at least once. And attempted to do it twice. So that's gonna be a C+? Kgreat.

Writing

• Rocking a solid B on this one! Looking forward to more this week since I have been itching to write. Something's got me going!
  • Like 1

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Week 6!!!

Processed Food

• Killed it with an A!

Exercise

• Once again, all A's all day!!! My CrossFit-esque gym is just the best. I don't hate 6am workouts anymore :D

Lunch

• Benefit of the busiest week of the year when I can barely leave my desk? Forces me to bring lunch. Which gives me the holy A!!!

Writing

• Struggled on this one in the last week because of how busy it was. Solid C!

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%