Balian's 6 month plan to be awesome

So, its 2015 and I'm back on the wagon. I'm going to try something new this year: I will complete 33 substantial tasks by my 33rd birthday. Each week I will do a minimum of 7 things to get me going in that direction. "Substantial" is a little subjective (One of the tasks is that I want to buya really nice looking blazer and up my clothing game a bit), but at the end of it, I'll be a totally cool beans guy.

Since working out is on the list, let's post a lil thing up here:

Sunday: Running

Monday: Workout A1//B1

Wednesday: Workout B2//A2

Thursday: Running

Friday: Big Workout

The workouts:

Dumbbell Split squats, dumbbell single-arm snatch, dumbbell straight-leg deadlift, rolling plank, laterla duck-under

Pushups, Lateral step-ups, squat and curl, standing single-arm row, Skater hop

Every other week, I do the first workout based on reps, I do the second based on time. Then on Fridays, I do the full set of workouts.

I'll post some other stuff here, but I think this will work for now. Comments are welcome!

• Like 2

That Challenge Link Though! New Theme Song Half-Orc Level 2 STR4 DEX2 STA2 CON1 WIS3. CHA1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." Chuck Palahniuk

So, I started this the day after my birthday, and as we come up on Thursday, my first week's going pretty good. One of the big tasks I had was "save a minimum of 2000$ this year." I'm HORRIBLE at actually saving money, but I found some metal jujitsu that I think will help. I will set aside a certain number of dollars equal to what week it is (1$ the first week, 2$ the second, etc). By the end of the year, I'll have 1378$. If I double up the first 30 weeks-ish, I'll be right on that 2k$ mark (since I like nice even numbers).

• Like 1

That Challenge Link Though! New Theme Song Half-Orc Level 2 STR4 DEX2 STA2 CON1 WIS3. CHA1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." Chuck Palahniuk

One of the next big plans I want to complete is "All Minis I use for my Malifaux game must be primered, based, and painted by Gencon 2015".

I'm a big mini guy (Super close to an addiction X__x), and I plan on participating in some of the bigger events at Gencon. Also, I'd just like to have some swank models I can show off and be all "Look at this thing I made!"... and maybe cut a bit into the sea of plastic and pewter that I have :)

I has taken my first step by assembling the metric ton of paint, green-stuff, and other base decorations to totally make things looks pretty. Soon as this weekend drops, totally ready to make something cool happen ^_^

So, I started this the day after my birthday, and as we come up on Thursday, my first week's going pretty good. One of the big tasks I had was "save a minimum of 2000$ this year." I'm HORRIBLE at actually saving money, but I found some metal jujitsu that I think will help. I will set aside a certain number of dollars equal to what week it is (1$ the first week, 2$ the second, etc). By the end of the year, I'll have 1378$. If I double up the first 30 weeks-ish, I'll be right on that 2k$ mark (since I like nice even numbers).

I've seen a few posts where people plan to do this in reverse - $52 in week one, $51 in week two, down to $1 in week fifty-two (so there's more left for holiday gifts). Either way, I think this is a great idea!

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

I appreciate the support ERRYone! :)

One of the bigger tasks I have set for this year is "I will write 200,000 words". I'm a writer, that's my jam. I've already gotten kudos and have been published. This is the year I start to make a living off what I love.

Alright. I made a list of 7 things I wanted to get done by today, and I'm currently 6/7!  Just got to get some writing done and send it in, and I'm peaches! I have the strangest feeling though Wednesdays are going to gradually get worse as the month goes along ^_^

• Like 2

It's been fairly easy so far. I honestly think this is the money thing that will make things awesome.

So, coming up to the wire, but I made it to 3300 words. That successfully makes 7/7. TIME FOR A NEW LIST!

• Like 1

And word count is reached. I really think the "hit this many per day" is WAAAAY better for me than "hit this much per week". I make the task immediate rather than "ehh, I'll do that later"...