KWeber - Back in Black

kweber05

This is my sixth challenge with NerdFitenss and the first one I have attempted since July 2014. I kinda crapped out in the middle of last year. This challenge I'm keeping it simple with no .gifs just straight things I need to accomplish. 

Main Quest

Ã˜ With this challenge I am focusing on eating right and getting back to exercising. I have two major things coming up in the month of January. First, I have my GMAT test January 24 to get into my Masters program. Second, I have a huge physical with my doctor on January 27. This will be my first adult physical and I have to fast the night before for blood work. Also, for the first 30 days I'm eating Whole30. Whew!!!!

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Follow Whole30 for the first part of the challenge.  After that continue to eat healthy for the rest of the challenge. To accomplish that I'm going to track my food in MyFitnessPal. As always I will log my food on NerdFitness on a regular basis.

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. To complete this I'm going to do my CT-50 and ZombiesRun programs. 

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. 

Ã˜ Log my Whole30 meals everyday on my blog. 

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week and take at least two practice tests before my test date. 

My blog can be found at www.krisweber.wordpress.com

Level 2: Malcontent STR: 3 || DEX: 3 || STA: 6 || CON: 3 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 2

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

Bam! Totally attainable goals that YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH. 

• Like 1

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Wtf is going on with the follow button? It's not working. 

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

Week One - Day One

Main Quest

Ã˜ Ate Whole30 you can see my blog about it here.

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Follow Whole30 for the first part of the challenge.  Done

Ã˜   Track my food in MyFitnessPal. Done

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Totally fell asleep on the couch at a ridiculously early hour, so no. 

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. Done

Ã˜ Log my Whole30 meals everyday on my blog. Done

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Got all my practice problems/notes out & organized so that's a start.

• Like 1

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

@Fonzico sure....it is as follows. As always you can add or remove items to taste!

4 medium roma tomatoes

1 large green bell pepper

3-4 cloves of garlic (I used pre-chopped garlic in water so I did not have to cut it all up)

2 cups fresh cilantro

1 lime (juice only)

Place all the cilantro and half of the other ingredients in a blender. I used my Ninja and it worked great. Plus until smooth. Put in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients (chopped) to make it chunky. I squeezed half the lime in before blending and stirred in the other half once I added the chunky ingredients. I put mine in glass jars in the fridge, but it will not last the week. I have been eating it with eggs and hubby has been eating it with eggs and sausage.

• Like 1

Week One - Day Two

Main Quest

Ã˜ Ate Whole30 you can see my blog about it here.

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Today was a built in rest day. I'm sure sore all over for some reason. Maybe my body is fighting something...hope not! 

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. E-mailed my professor for the promised material I never received.                 Hope to hear back soon so I can continue studying.

Week One - Day Three

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Ummm, yea. I thought eating Whole30 was going to be the challenging part. Nope and Nope. On the plus side I got my pilates link fixed (the old one expired and they did not send me the new one until I prompted them). The plan for tomorrow (1/8) is to do the beginner core video. I did get some knitting done the past two days. I'm following @darkfoxx's lead and knitting while watching TV.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Have not heard back from the professor, so I took the night off. Thursday and Friday will be big study days, because I plan to take my first practice test on Saturday. That way I know where to focus my studying on next week.

Yay, knitting. 

Ya know what you can also do while you're watching tv? http://neilarey.com/workouts/tv-workout.html

It's better than nothing :)

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Thanks for the salsa recipe! I am definitely going to try it out :) 

I find the funny thing about Whole30 IS that it isn't that hard. What is effing hard is trying to eat healthy when you don't have insanely black and white rules to go by. 

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Week One - Day Four

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Done....yep Done! Did body weight palites beginner core. 6 poses/10 reps each side/3 rounds about 28-30 mins.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Nope...needed a brain rest after work. Taking a practice test on Sat to see where I need additional improvement.

Week One - Day Five

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. No, it hurt to breath after my last round of palites.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Found on online sturdy tool to that also provides practice tests.

Week One Day Six

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Nope, we make our weekly grocery run and stopped at the Hispanic flea market to get salsa supplies. I sent the evening making more fresh salsa for the week and meal prepping.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Nope took a beak with the intention of taking a practice test on Sunday.

Week One - Day Seven

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Nothing official, I did take down all my Xmas stuff, and haul bins down stairs.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. No...my hubby put his back out and I had to run him to urgent care for a steroid shot. Once we got home and finished laundry, house chores, and meal preps I ran out of time.

Week One Wrap-up

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Follow Whole30 for the first part of the challenge.  After that continue to eat healthy for the rest of the challenge. To accomplish that I'm going to track my food in MyFitnessPal. As always I will log my food on NerdFitness on a regular basis. Done ate Whole30 and shared dinners with NF friends in Google HangOuts.

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. To complete this I'm going to do my CT-50 and ZombiesRun programs. Fell short here only got one office workout in and one day of cleaning the house. This will be focus this next week! 

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. Complete for the week.

Ã˜ Log my Whole30 meals everyday on my blog. Complete for the week.

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week and take at least two practice tests before my test date. Got some studying in and found on online prep site with free practice tests. Did not get a practice test done this weekend with hubby putting his back out. Plan on getting one under by belt early next week.

Overall not a bad week, especially since I was getting back in the saddle. Now that I have got the hang of Whole30 I have got to focus on workouts and studying. These are my two points of emphasis for next week.

Way to go on your W30 week 1 & setting a clear path of things you need to focus on for next week, now that you have figured out that W30 doesn't have to be mentally taxing. 

Whoo!

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Week Two - Day One

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Done - Got my workout in whoot! Body Weight Pilates Core Beginner - six exercises, ten reps each side (for a total of 20), two rounds.  I only completed two of the three rounds. I was super tired and already feeling the burn. I figured two rounds was better than none. 

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Done - Worked through one 30 min session of the on-line module I found.

• Like 1

Week Two- Day Two

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Today was a built in rest day.  

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Did two more online modules for a total of an hour of studying, time for a practice test!

Week Two- Day Three

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Nope on anything formal. I did get the rest of Christmas packed up and the tree out of the house. I then spent the next half hour getting all the needles cleaned up. I have pilates on the agenda for tomorrow.

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Retaking a weak module than plan on a practice test.

• Like 1

Week Two - Day Four

Main Quest

Specific Goals

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Workout at least three times a week. Done....yep! Did body weight palites beginner lower body. 4 poses/10 reps each side/4 rounds about 28-30 mins. And after all those swats my legs feels like jelly. Walking in heels tomorrow will be fun! No pain no gain right???

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Study for my GMAT every week & take at least two practice tests before my test date. Nope...needed a brain rest after work. Taking a practice test on Sat to see where I need additional improvement.

Way to go on working out even when you ran around late with errands. You ate healthy *and* worked out. Good going!

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

I had to force myself to workout and then had to break it in to separate sections with lots of rest in between. I must have done something right because today my legs are like jelly today. Every time I get up and down I'm reminded of the squats!