Aerinity's Blue team will defeat Apocalypse.

Aerinity

THIS IS THE CHALLENGE OF ME DOING EVERYTHING THAT I HATE IN LIFE! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY~~~~

Animals-Charge.jpg

FITNESS

• CARDIO! - Attempt to decrease time on mileage - 1% per week. (Current = 11mins/mile - total 6% off would be roughly 10mins 20 second mile by week 6)

• Sprints

• Research time decrease methodologies and theories.

• Research lung issues/methods for increasing lung capacity/strength. (Lots of crap in my lungs from spending 18 years of my life around smokers (2nd hand!), and wood stoves to heat the houses I grew up in.)

• Profit?

• tumblr_m25qylt7Ze1r5ur0ho1_500.gif

• CORE!  Do exercises as outlined by Stars in circuits. Sob heavily. Repeat. 3x/week.

Hopefully this:

Glee1.gif

Will get closer to this.

79f417dbaf376888a607e5c904f579e1.jpg

• TRY NEW SHIT! ONE NEW THING A WEEK!

• At least 2 classes. (I’ve been eyeing BodyPump (LIFTING!) for a while anyway…And TurboKick (kickboxing) looks neat? Also there’s a couple of the “GRIT†courses that maybe, possibly don’t look miserable...)

• At least two things I think I’m going to hate. (Yes, this means I’ll try Zumba…)

• Other two are open.

SLEEP

NUTRITION:

tumblr_n1knt2zLH21ttgwabo1_250.png

• RESEARCH/ADJUST(?): Sugars - Am I getting enough? (lulz, according to MFP, #nopenopenope)  Is not meeting recommended daily intake a bad thing?

LIFE GOALS:

• PMP TRAINING - 30(?) Sections (110 complete of 120 some odd).

• Do Cyber security and awareness training before expiration (can probably do in three sittings)

• Read 3rd book in the Tales of the Scarlet Knight series.  

• Try dabbling with Duolingo again - Use at least 12 times over the course of the challenge (2/week).

Other random notes:

• I'm thinking about taking on an superheroes themed accountibilibuddies group.
  • It’s hilarious that this is actually now wrong (I weigh less than my drivers license):fitness-goal.jpg
  • I will not be eaten alive by life this challenge.... I think....

And for sake of amusement, I leave you with the following:

The%20Flash%20Running%20A%20Marathon.jpg

• Like 2

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Following~

And you know, I don't think we talked about frequency??? I figure, 3x a week for core should be fine? That way you give your core some time to relax...

I feel like doing it as a frequency was agreed upon (I was half out of it last night), but I don't think the number of times was brought up. Edited above, yes ma'am, all that~

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

1/5/15:

• Managed to actually make a 10:45 second mile. Going to take Skies advice and not adjust the goal number of reducing by 1%/week and instead see if I can work to lower/maintain.
  • No core.
  • No class.
  • Got the sleep.... But it wasn't very good quality.
  • Didn't do any nutrition research. Whoops!
  • No PMP
  • No cyber security
  • Read some
  • No Duolingo

1/6/15:

• Super sore today, so did cardio but didn't make anything even remotely near.
  • Core done!
  • No class.
  • Sleep was obtained again, better than the previous night, but still not very good quality.
  • Didn't do any nutrition research. Whoops!
  • No PMP
  • No cyber security
  • Read some
  • No Duolingo
  • Also foam rolled through 5 positions to help with the shoulder recoup.

Huzzah! Good job! :D

....You're not going to save your PMP stuff until the end again, are you?

Thanks! Did you pick a Dojo yet?

Um, I only did that in one challenge (because I was trying to get my boss to approve shit) and now I'm on my fourth.... So, why would I...?

Thanks! Did you pick a Dojo yet?

Um, I only did that in one challenge (because I was trying to get my boss to approve shit) and now I'm on my fourth.... So, why would I...?

Nope. Heard back from capoeira today; probably gonna go look at it on Thursday. We'll see if I'm brave or whatnot. ^^;;

Fair. :)

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

I like your goal about trying new things.  For my next challenge, I was considering trying a new group exercise at the gym each week.  I hate those classes because I feel totally stupid when I go to them.  My gym has all of those classes you named too.  The kickboxing one does not look fun to me!  I was watching them for a minute earlier this week.  I tried the BodyPump class a long time back and it was so hard that I quit.  However, the other day I was checking out the people in the class and some of them were using little hand weights instead of the barbells.  That I could probably handle!  Anyway, congrats on your 10:45 mile.  That's great.  I'm not there yet, but that is the sort of goal I would like to set at some point also.

Nope. Heard back from capoeira today; probably gonna go look at it on Thursday. We'll see if I'm brave or whatnot. ^^;;

Fair. :)

How're the dojo's going? I know you've had a couple now...

I like your goal about trying new things.  For my next challenge, I was considering trying a new group exercise at the gym each week.  I hate those classes because I feel totally stupid when I go to them.  My gym has all of those classes you named too.  The kickboxing one does not look fun to me!  I was watching them for a minute earlier this week.  I tried the BodyPump class a long time back and it was so hard that I quit.  However, the other day I was checking out the people in the class and some of them were using little hand weights instead of the barbells.  That I could probably handle!  Anyway, congrats on your 10:45 mile.  That's great.  I'm not there yet, but that is the sort of goal I would like to set at some point also.

I feel you on feeling stupid about going to classes. I just feel super uncomfortable, out of place, and just... Clueless. Maybe it's years of being the biggest/slowest/etc in gym classes while growing up or something, IDK. I've never tried any of the gym classes previously, at least not these sorts of things at this gym. Like 10 years ago (literally, haha) I took a pilates/yoga hybrid course which I despised, but it was with friends, and admittedly I did see results from it. 

Thanks! I actually managed a better time today, which I'll update about shortly. You'll get there eventually! It's just a matter of continuing to work on things. Putting in the time/dedication/motivation into it's really fucking hard some days, but I will say that it eventually does pay off. 

Great job on running. And I'm proud of you for getting below your DMV weight.

Thanks! It's still a long ways to go from where I want to be, but... It's progress, and that's what's important, right?

1/7/15

• Generic cardio!
  • No core!
  • No class.
  • Slept!
  • Nothing for nutrition. 
  • No PMP
  • No cyber security
  • Read!
  • No Duolingo

1/8/15

• Tried to do a better run time, failed miserably with an 11 min 15 second mile.
  • Core done!
  • No class.
  • Slept!
  • Nothing for nutrition. 
  • 10 sections of PMP training.
  • No cyber security
  • Read!
  • No Duolingo

1/9/15

• Generic cardio.
  • No core!
  • No class!
  • Slept!
  • Nothing for nutrition. 
  • No PMP
  • No cyber security
  • Read.
  • No Duolingo
  • No foam rolling. 

1/10/15

• 10 minute 15 second mile today.... Whoops. I guess time to work on getting that to be a normal instead of just being able to do it.
  • Core done!
  • No class.
  • Slept!
  • Nothing for nutrition. 
  • No PMP
  • No cyber security
  • No reading.
  • Did Duolingo! (Debating changing this into a total goal instead of a weekly goal).

Wait, wait! 

I found something (and have played around/done some based on the instructional video so that it officially counts)!

FUCKING RIVER DANCING.

Because I was bitching to a friend about I had no idea what to do this week for my "try new things" goal, and she was like "Why not clog dance? Why not river dance?"

I was like "You know what, why not river dance?"

• Like 1

How're the dojo's going? I know you've had a couple now...

They're going. Taekwondo is tomorrow. Will probably hit capoeira on Thursday, and hit jiujitsu the rest of the week. >.>

1/8/15

• Tried to do a better run time, failed miserably with an 11 min 15 second mile.

1/10/15

• 10 minute 15 second mile today.... Whoops. I guess time to work on getting that to be a normal instead of just being able to do it.
  • Did Duolingo! (Debating changing this into a total goal instead of a weekly goal).

Consistency is always good. :) But it's not too big of a deal for your time to fluctuate during the week. Depending on how you're feeling any given day, you'll kill your usual mile time, or be slower. If you want, you can come with me on a run while you're out here. :D I'll even map out a simple mile course, if you want. :P

For the Duolingo goal... A total goal may be more helpful if you're finding it hard to get to during the week. I had to schedule Russian in, otherwise it would never get done. Like, ever. 

Wait, wait! 

I found something (and have played around/done some based on the instructional video so that it officially counts)!

FUCKING RIVER DANCING.

Because I was bitching to a friend about I had no idea what to do this week for my "try new things" goal, and she was like "Why not clog dance? Why not river dance?"

I was like "You know what, why not river dance?"

Because why not, indeed.

Riverdance.gif

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

Good job on trying something new.  I honestly had never heard of river dancing.  Looking at your post about what you've been doing this week, you have a lot of goals!  I don't think I'm even capable of concentrating on so many things at once.  I can do a small amount of things really well but once I try to add anything, I screw everything up!  That's something I need to work on eventually, but only once the important main things in my life are in good shape.

River dancing is so cool!!!!!!!! I had a couple of friends in high school who competed in Irish step dancing and I was always amazed at their footwork. And their curly wigs. But mostly their footwork. I always wanted to try it, and that's awesome that you are! Because why not! ^_^

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Good job on trying something new.  I honestly had never heard of river dancing.  Looking at your post about what you've been doing this week, you have a lot of goals!  I don't think I'm even capable of concentrating on so many things at once.  I can do a small amount of things really well but once I try to add anything, I screw everything up!  That's something I need to work on eventually, but only once the important main things in my life are in good shape.

Thanks! I just. Hrm. During my challenges I chose a set of things I am going to prioritize to take up chunks of my time in life, and then do my best to make sure they get done. As I've publically said I will do these things, instead of just talking to myself about them, it lends some weight to put them down for the world to see, and have to say that I failed or passed. Makes me more likely to do them... And I'm a little crazy, so I set lots of high expectations on myself, and strive to complete them. It's not always realistic, but... I've managed pretty well so far.

So cool that you just went out and tried Irish dancing...because why not?! that's how I ended up with a belly dancing goal this time around. I didn't have any particular interest in it, but some other people are doing it, so why not???

I like a little chaos and randomness/adventure in my life, and well, why the hell not get more random than something like this? xD

River dancing is so cool!!!!!!!! I had a couple of friends in high school who competed in Irish step dancing and I was always amazed at their footwork. And their curly wigs. But mostly their footwork. I always wanted to try it, and that's awesome that you are! Because why not! ^_^

I won't lie, I'm always a little slow to catch on, but all the hopping sort of made me break down into a giggle fit so it was good time regardless.

Ahem. It is 1/16 and your last update was on 1/10.

uezsxm4w9xsgkchwdos3.gif

........ What is the gif even?.... What. Is. That.?

Long time no update! I know! The last 10ish days have basically been a blur of crazy between real life emergencies, massive work firedrills, prepping for travel, traveling, and recovering from travel/settling in at my destination. My trip - at this point - is about half over, which is super depressing, but... Eh. I'll deal with that later.

Cardio: I somehow managed to jack up my hip. I wake up and it feels mostly fine when I wake up, but by the end of the day its sore and stiff all over again. I've been clueless as to what caused the problem, but I think I've finally gotten it figured out. Improper foot placement while running. I was messing around with it while on the treadmill today (I haven't stopped cardio, I just haven't been pushing myself super duper hard) and it seemed all about trying to step with a focus on keeping my foot straight instead of just walking/jogging/running without thought. I managed a couple short, semi-low speed sprints today without issue, but I was just so exhausted that it was the best I had.

Core: After the first week of core related misery (and shoulder issues) both of these seem to have mostly subsided at this point. I've been keeping the circuits on the "lower" end (sets of 3 exercises in 3 rounds), but may have to ramp that up soon as I'm not really feeling it much at this point? Some days are most def easier than others but possibly adding a 4th exercise may happen soon.

Try new shit: Last week I ended up picking one that was kinda odd. I ended up not getting to any of the exercise classes I wanted to check out, but I did try something else. I went through a meditation practice while at work. I don't remember what had provoked it all, but I just remember at the end feeling so much... Calmer in some regards. Things weren't any better, but I had a clearer head, which helped ultimately in the end. I'm going to try to make up another fitness related thing, but since meditation isn't something I engage in with any regularity, and it did help with my metal health last week I think this is something I might try implimenting at work more often.

Sleep: I technically have been hitting this, but the quality og sleep isn't very good unfortunately. :(

Nutrition: Still haven't done this. Whoops.

PMP: 20/30 done!

Book: Complete!

Cyber Security: None done!

Duolingo: I was doing this during my lunch at work when I'd worked on it previously, but since I was reading my book during my lunch at work, I haven't gotten much else done on it unfortunately. Moving the remaining sections to lunch at work I think will be best moving forward now that my book's done.

Also, my right shoulder has recouped enough that I was able to start some limited in duration, light weight lifting again. I'm only using machines right now (the devil I know) as to not potentially tweak anything in my shoulder with weird, or unusual movements, but, hey, lifting!

Mileage: I screwed up my hip in about the second or third week of challenge and haven't been able to do much in the way of sprinting since. I've been working on leg strength, and hope that'll make up for the lack of sprints.

Core: It's gotten easier, and I'm most def seeing some benefits. I might actually, possibly, maybe be starting to kinda a little bit enjoy core work. I failed this one the third week technically, but then did four workouts the next week in hopes of making up for the failure week.

Try new shit!: I've actually kept up with this one well. Not sure what to do this week yet though... Tried: River dancing, meditating at work, zumba, swimming with a friend/getting swimming lessons, a "boot camp" course... And idk what I'm going to try this week...

Sleep: Failed this on week four. Otherwise have passed all other weeks so far.

PMP: 10 sections to go.

Cyber security: Most of training to go.

Book: Read.

DuoLingo: Waaaayyyyy behind on this. Might be able to catch up on it, but have a pretty high likelihood of failing that this challenge too. 

Also signed up for a 5k that will happen in the end of March, and set a date to start with my person trainer for the end of Feb. Hopefully, my hip will be up to par by then.

And my BF% is down to 37.8% which means I've lost about 1.25%/month since starting to check it in late Oct (basically beginning of Nov). Still have a ways to go on this, but had a weird shift where I got down in weight, "put on" a few pounds, and then apparently got back down to the lowest weight I'd been at, but at a higher lean mass percent?

I. D. E. K. 

Either way, still have over 150lbs of lean mass... So... Yup.

This challenge has basically been a huge bust. Everything technically is or will get done, but the results I've gotten from this challenge are just lousy in comparison to the results I had been getting previously. 

Going back to my old methods of training for the next one.