Today, I had Kashi cereal and almond milk for breakfast, a granola bar for lunch and chili with a handful of non-salted saltines. I was going to start Zombies!Run today but! it's a few degrees under zero here in the good ol' midwest and I'm sick (The plague finally got me)! So I'm going to replace this week's ZR training days (MWF) with a half-hour yoga session to stick to the 5/7 workout schedule. Something is better than nothing :)

Vegan and exercise goals met!

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Challenge

"Fitness needs to be perceived as fun and games or we subconsciously avoid it." -Alan Thick

Woot, today I can officially say I've been doing well so far. I've stuck to my vegan goal and although I didn't start Zombies!Run when I had wanted I've been replacing it with Yoga so that I don't have to go outside (it feels like -29F right now!!!!) so I have been moving everyday and that meets with my goals. I've been eating my homemade granola bars for breakfast, potato toast and natural pb for lunch. I made some vegan chili on Sunday (meal prep day) and I've been eating that with no added salt saltine crackers with an apple for dinner.

Yesterday was my first 30 minute Tabata session. I chose legs and core because I'm crazy (weak points) and it was rough. But I made it through doing intermediate versions of the offered exercises. I'm sore today so I'm really excited for yoga and stretching tonight, I might even extend the session and do some foam roller stuff since it hurts so good, haha.

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

Challenge

"Fitness needs to be perceived as fun and games or we subconsciously avoid it." -Alan Thick

My legs are killing me in the best way today. I think I'm going to focus on some balance and upper body tabata today and give my legs and core a break. Tried some pilates/tabata mix up yesterday and it was pretty fun. Wasn't a very long session only 17 minutes. But I spent a lot of extra time stretching and doing some foam roller exercise so it equaled out to about 30-35 minutes. Had more chili last night and it's still super delicious. One of these days I'll have to sit down and go through the recipes forum and maybe post the recipe there. We are going out to eat tonight for my fiancees birthday but I am determined to stay vegan. Wish me luck :playful:. Almost done with week 1! I'm looking forward to having something tasty on Sunday, I think I'm going to make some beef and broccoli the super healthy way. I got a steamer for christmas and I haven't been able to try it yet.

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

Challenge

Took a break yesterday for my fiancees birthday which isn't so good because I had pizza on thursday. I can honestly say I definitely feel a difference in my system when I start trying to tackle meat and dairy, especially all at once. It's nice to reaffirm why you're doing something though I suppose. I have some tabata's picked out for my week this week. I figure I will switch it up and do M/W/F tabata and T/Th yoga since I'm restricted to the indoors until mother nature stops throwing her temper tantrum all over MN. I spent a lot of time stretching and cuddling with my foam roller this weekend, haha. The sore will get better though. I haven't been tracking my calories so much as just watching my portion sizes, which is really the big kicker. I did some research on portion sizes in other countries and the USA is ridiculously criticized for theirs. Go America! Haha. Well today is meal prep so I'm going to head over to Maple Grove and hit up Whole foods and drop some lunch off to the bae. This week I'm going to make some portobello steaks and smashed potatos with some fresh green beans. I'm looking forward to it.

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

Challenge

Update! I was perfectly vegan all week (with the exception of Ranch dressing of course) I only logged two work-outs though, so I've been thinking of ways to fit more exercise into my day overall. I've been taking the stairs up to the second floor everyday at work, and avoiding the elevator. Although I did have to take it up to the eight floor because I didn't know where the other stairway access was in this building. I also took the stairs when I went in for my TMD appt. The doctor thought that my tiredness had to do with sleep apnea, but he also was really great about encouraging my new diet plan. So I'm not sure if I do have sleep apnea, but it would certainly explain a lot. I think that I really like the idea of Tabata but I need to actually sit down and find workouts and not just google and try, it's been sort of a rollercoaster. The portobello steaks were awful, I overmarinated them so they were super salty... total fail. On a bright note I did learn that I still love green bean and how to make super delicious vegan mashed potatos so that was a definite victory.

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

Challenge