Hi!

Aminarra here... I'm a member of the Academy and the rebellion.  Went into a tailspin for about 4 months now (jeeze) and I'm back at it :)  I did yoga for the first time today, I'm starting personal training and physical therapy on Wednesday, and I'm full on paleo.  

Challenge Goal:  STAY FOCUSED

Mini Fitness Goals:  Week 1 - 1 PT, 1 Yoga, 3 Therapy

Week 2 - 2 PT, 1 Yoga, 5 Therapy

Mini Food Goals:     Week 1 - Pack paleo lunch 5x/week

Week 2 - Pack paleo lunch 5x/week

I usually stop posting after a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to make it to week 3 this time! I recently joined the NF Academy Women's FB group, so that will help to keep me focused :)  I did *not* take 'before' weight/measurements yet, but I will.  Pinky promise.

Let's do this!

-Ami

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Aminarra, Hi, I'm from the academy too. I just posted mine here. It's Teri Likes To K.I.S.S.

• Like 1

Class/Profession: Hobbit/Ranger - Level 4

Current Attributes: STR: 2, DEX: 3.5, STA: 8.5, CON: 8.5, WIS: 11.5, CHA: 4

Habits I'm Working On: #1, #2

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3.1(fail), #3.2

Quote: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

So glad to see you in the challenge forums, Aminarra! All improvement is good improvement, so stay focused on all the great things you are doing! :)

• Like 1

So glad to see you in the challenge forums, Aminarra! All improvement is good improvement, so stay focused on all the great things you are doing! :)

Thanks Elisfaire!  I appreciate you tracking down my thread again :) 

---------------

I haven't done my physical therapy since we got back from Canada, but I have my gym bag packed and work out in place for this afternoon :)

Yesterday was challenging, food-wise.  I ate entirely too much, plus too many bad things--like pizza, pringles, rice krispe bar, chocolates, and sprite.  Today I'm going to focus on avoiding the added junk and just eat my planned meals.

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Because of our food allergies and preferences, I am in the habit of always bringing a fairly healthy snack bar or bag of trail mix with me. They are not awesome food, but it does keep me from getting into worse junk food when I get hit with the munchies. :)

Have a good workout!

• Like 1

last week ended up being *really* difficult personally/emotionally, so I got knocked way off my game.  I am back at it today, though, with Yoga in a couple hours, and 2 work outs scheduled for Wednesday and for Friday. 

I won't be going for weight loss so much as health/fitness.  I *really* need to get back to Paleo in order to succeed.

Thanks for subscribing to my updates! I plan to post pics soon of the progress on my fitness cave.

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

I am glad to see that your bad week did not derail you. We all have bad weeks. You got up, dusted yourself off, and are back in the game. Way to go!

Half way through the challenge!! 

I'm happy to report that I'm still here, still trying.  The food goals have fallen by the wayside for the past week, but I went to the grocery store yesterday to make sure that I've got healthy choices.  I bought a sweet potato, mushrooms, green beans, and then a bunch of random stuff o.0;  I didn't have a list, I just had a burning desire to get my husband out of the house.  I'll have to put together a meal plan and probably go get more supplies soon.

Exercise has been phenomenal.  I haven't missed one day of planned exercise since my last update.  I even got my 'batcave' put together and started using it for physical therapy.

I've gained a bit of weight thanks to my food decisions, but yesterday was a break-through sort of day for coping skills.  I was able to go for a walk AND go through a few of my yoga flows instead of binging when I felt stressed.

The goal for the rest of the challenge is to keep up with the exercise schedule and to fit in 3+ freggies daily.

http://imgur.com/a/67epu<-- bat cave :)

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Woohoo! Great work on the exercise! Love the batcave! And special kudos for using a walk and yoga to destress. As for food, as long as you keep working at it, it will come eventually. Most people need to make small, simple changes, but some need huge, sudden shifts. Decide what you think will work for you, and keep at it!

Woo! 

Well, I give myself a C- for the last challenge.  I started out strong and finished very very wimpy :tongue:

Next challenge starts Monday! I'll probably do the same thing...... bah.

Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Think about what happened, and try to make a small change or two. Small progress is still progress! :)