Fruits n Veggies Help LyricalSharon Be A Showoff!

lyricalsharon

Main Quest: Fit into size 7 jeans by Nov 27, 2015

I'm pretty proud of myself that I have managed to develop a consistent exercise regime over these past few months! I've noticed changes in my body and people have commented on how great I am looking. I feel stronger, happier, and more confident (WAY more confident) about myself. There IS such a thing as an Amazonian Hobbit, I am sure of it!

SO! Develop excellent exercise habits and build a bunch of muscle? Check!
Drop body fat so that I can actually SEE those muscles? Ummm............

I'm still in size 12 jeans, though they are loose enough that I need to wear a belt. I've been reminded again that I "can't out train my diet" and "can't outrun my fork" (thanks Steve for your latest article). I feel confident enough in the habits I've built of training regularly that I now want to focus on what I eat - amp it up just a tiny bit. 

I already have a solid foundation of decent eating (a far cry from the bags of chips and jars of salsa that I used to have for lunch) but I clearly either a) eat too much; or B) have the wrong proportion of foods...i.e., too much grains and not enough veggies/fruit. (Or could be both a & b, but we'll tackle this one at a time). Since I am not prepared to mentally challenge my portion sizes, I've opted for challenging the ratio of foods I'm eating. Huzzah!

WHICH LEADS ME TO:

EAT MOAR FRUITSNVEGGIES!!!!!!! 

Challenge Goals:

1. Eat (at least) ONE fruit per breakfast meal. +2 CON +2 CHA +1 STA

I don't eat breakfast on Sundays and Wednesdays so that will be 5 whole fruit a week! 

2. Eat (at least) ONE cup of veggies with each lunch and supper. +2 CON +2 CHA +1 STA

The only exception to this is if/when I am eating at someone else's house.  

3. Continue with current Exercise Regime! +2 CHA +2 STR +1 STA

Includes:

M/W/F: Stronglifts, etc., and PlanksForTheWin (I made that one up)

TUES: Bootcamp & Jacobs Ladder

THURS: Jacobs Ladder

SAT: Cycling with a Friend (at Gym)

*****M/W/F is mandatory. The other days are bonuses, since I am trying new stuff and have acquired a new workout partner for M/W and Saturday. 

Thanks for joining me! Questions, comments, hi-fives, and awesome gifs are always welcome! 

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

Day 1: (Monday Jan 5)

1. Fruit: Banana with breakfast!

2. Veggies: 2 Cups (roughly) of broccoli with mah lunch, and 2 cups of cuke/pepper/onion salad with supper!

3. SL & PlanksForTheWin.... ugh.... went with my new workout buddy and she makes me actually WORK OUT.... so now my muscles are yelling at me today. Huzzah!

It's great because she's a fitness instructor, so she's been helping me to tweak what I'm doing. Such as, do the exercises slower, instead of rushing them. Engage the muscles more, and rely less on momentum. Thus, the yelling muscles today. :D

LyricalSharon

Day 2: Tues Jan 6

1. Fruit: Banana with my yogurt and granola :D

2. Veggies: 1.5 cups of assorted veggies with sausages for lunch, and 1.5 cups assorted veggies with chicken breast for supper (both meals with a delightful rice vinegar dressing)

3. Caught the last 15 minutes of the bootcamp (work ran late) and then went on the Jacob's ladder for 10 intervals of 45 seconds high intensity, 45 seconds low/rest (roughly). 

Also had a soak in the tub last night cuz my hammies were TIGHT!

Noticed this morning that my jeans, though they are not loose in the front or on the sides, are loose in the back at the waistline. That's weird and has never happened to me before. Is it just because I am developing muscles in all the right places???? I sure hope so. :)

LyricalSharon

Day 3 (Wednesday, Jan 7):

1. Fruit: Forgot that I wasn't eating breakfast on Wednesdays and went ahead and made myself a lovely fruit salad. Had a cup of it and yogurt, granola, and 3 sausages.

2. Veggies: Lunch was remainder of fruit salad with 2 cups of cabbage/broccoli slaw, and 3 more sausages. Supper: At least a cup of salad, and a whole crab with loads of garlic butter. OMNOMNOM

3. Stronglifts* n PlanksForTheWin*

*I always do more than just SL. I usually incorporate calf raises, lat pulldowns, tricep work, etc. 

**this means I do 3 sets of front and side planks for 35 seconds, plus 3-9 sets of back raises at 10 reps each. CORE-LICIOUS!

LyricalSharon

Update:

I am pretty much rocking this challenge! I am eating more fruits n veggies than I know what to do with! The only time I faltered was this morning - forgot to eat a piece of fruit with breaky... and one weekend near the beginning of the challenge where I travelled for a conference and ate out a bunch. 

AND....

I am back to doing 95# deadlifts, after a short hiatus from them...

AND....

Last week I squatted with the bar for the first time!! Yahoo!! I am now doing 50# (5# put on the bar). I'll be going up more too.

AND....

Yesterday I used the ab roller thing. I could actually use it! Huzzah! The end.

LyricalSharon