Esmegaia dusts herself off

esmegaia

After a good 6 month break, it's time to start again. I have had continuous knee problems since October after spraining my knee while on the sailing holiday (doh!) and am still recuperating so will be easing into it. However, mild and short yoga exercises over the last few days have seemed to help, so I feel that it's worth taking a risk with exercising. Especially as I regained my weight over Christmas after successfully keeping a good half stone off through the second part of last year, and that wont be helping said knee.

So the aim is to re lose the weight and a little more, and strengthen the knees.

My Main Quest

To get my body weight below 13 stone - I went up to 14 stone 5 over Christmas but have been at 13 stone 9 for most of the end of last year.

Again, no takeaways, no crisps, and no sweets for the rest of the challenge

My 3 goals are:

1. Walk 10,000 steps daily (as tracked on my Fitbit) for 4 days out of 7 per week (+4 STA, +1 STR)
  2. Cook and eat low carb evening meals or paleo for added bonuses (+3 CON)
  3. Following exercise program: (+3 STR, +1 STA, +1 CON)
    • Do the BBWW 3 times a week
    • Do yoga four times a week on the days I'm not BBWW for 30 minutes a session

Side Quest (+2 WIS):

It's time to start phase 1 of the lounge cabling for our new home network. This includes, tidying up the skirting and laying the cable for the new location of servers under the stairs. 

Motivation? Live life longer and fuller

1. 1pt for every day completed (max 4 pts per week)
  2. 1pt every low carb day completed, 2pt for each paleo (max 14 pts per week)
  3. Exercise: max of 21 pts per week
    • BBWW 1 point for every repetition
    • Yoga 1 pt for every 10 minutes complete

Max of 35 pts per week

A: 27-35 
B: 19-26
C: 10-18
D: 9 or below

Starting Stat: (4th Jan)

Body fat 36% 

Weight 89.9kg

• Like 1

Esmegaia Level 3 Adventurer

Fire Elemental

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 2

Battle Log Current Challenge Accountabilibuddies

I love the Fitbit. I've been wearing it for a year constantly and it's just the gentle reminder I need. I cranked it right down to 3000 steps last year and increased it steadily. It survived me capsizing and bobbing in the ocean, although the contacts needed a clean up with alcohol wipe.

I am on my second strap though. I do tend to fiddle with it and broke the first one. Luckily I'd picked up a number of fancy spares now. Been through the teal and now have the orange one on :)

• Like 1

Fire Elemental

So I've clearly abandoned this quest, but it was for a bigger quest that came along. 

After a couple of visits to a chiropractor it was clear my posture is well off and that and my lopsided over pronation means that I have to take a new quest: getting my posture back on track. Back to the drawing board!

Fire Elemental