gallery_22030_1466_243473.jpg

LET'S GO!

HAVING TRAVERSED AND OVERCOME TEN CHALLENGES SO FAR, THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE NOW FACES ITS ELEVENTH CHALLENGE!

SO LET US FIGHT FORWARD, TOGETHER: FOR NEW ADVENTURES LIE JUST BEYOND THE HORIZON!!!

IF THERE'S A WALL, WE'LL BREAK IT DOWN!!

IF THERE'S NO PATH, WE'LL FORGE ONE WITH OUR HANDS!!!

AS WE POINT COURAGEOUSLY TO THE SKY, OUR FIGHTING SPIRIT, LIKE MAGMA IN OUR HEARTS, IGNITES AN EVER BURNING BLAZE DEEP WITHIN OURSELVES!

AND AS WE ENCOURAGE AND HELP ONE ANOTHER FIGHT ON FOR A BETTER FUTURE, WE ALL TOGETHER CREATE A PATH TOWARDS TOMORROW!

LITTLE BY LITTLE, WE SPIRAL AWAY FROM THE PERSON WE ONCE WERE, AND INTO THE PERSON WE WANT TO BE, UNTIL THERE ARE NO MORE LIMITS STANDING IN OUR WAY!

AND TOGETHER, THE FIGHTING SPIRIT OF THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!

EVERLASTING COMBINATION!

THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!

ME...

US...

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!!!

THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE is for the stubborn and unrelenting, those who would rather fight to their last breath than surrender, and perhaps most importantly the people who never know when to give up. So, who the hell am I you're wondering? Alright, I'll tell you, so open up those ears and listen well!

Co-Leader of Nerd Fitness' DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!! With Courage in my heart, and my friends by my side, I am: Will!! Anyone brave enough to join us is more than welcome!!!

Hey there! My name's Will, and this shall be my Ninth challenge here on NF!

Originally the Gurren Brigade, we’ve evolved, beyond the team we once were! With great beginnings, we’ve gone through hardship and loss, only to emerge stronger than ever!! We’ve grown, and are no longer just the Gurren Brigade! We are THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!

Comprised of some of the most COURAGEOUS, UPLIFTING, and HOT-BLOODED rebels on the NF forums, together we kick reason to the curb, and DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!!! Anyone who wants to join the ranks, and add their strength and support, is more than welcome!

Please consider us your friends and comrades on this Quest! We’ll have your back, through thick and thin! So don't worry, you'll never be alone, for together we stand!!!

Motivational Quotes:

"The tomorrow we're trying to reach is...not a tomorrow you've decided on! We...by ourselves...choose our tomorrow from the infinite universe! We will fight through it. We will fight through it and make our own tomorrow! We'll show you we can do it!"

- Simon

(TTGL - Episode 26)

"When you're scared, it's all the more reason to move forward!"

- Kittan

(TTGL - Episode 25)

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting 'WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!'"

- Hero

(Founder of THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!)

Introducing The Dai-Gurren Brigade:

Will: The Legend of Will 9: Majora's Mask - Part II

Cinalyc: Cinalyc obliterates all obstacles with great care... to climb forevermore.

Swampling: The Swampling #11 - Making sure that the floor isn't a ceiling

cmwanderin: cmwanderin: More than just Tri!

lillucia: Lillucia's first step UP

Harihead: Harihead No-Dread No-Bread Retread

Hansjay: Fit diet? Fit diet! Stop slacking about!

Tearose: Tea's Great Transformation

PachaTisai: Pacha Tisai IS BACK...

forkboy: forkboy’s Journey to Dagobah – The Reboot (5 of 8)

erosan: Gunslinger born: Prologue (erosan's challenge log)

Urgan: Urgan Shapes Up

Next?.............

Previous and current members

This is where we list all past and present members of THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!

All members are listed on the challenge in which they first joined The Brigade.

And I, Will, thank all the members who've ever joined the ranks and fought with The Brigade. I'm proud to be able to fight alongside all of you brave, rebel heroes; and to those heroes who've left us, you will always be remembered!

You memory shall burn bright in our hearts, and if one day you return to the NF Forums, you are more than welcome to fight along side us once again!

(This is still under construction, as finding out who all has ever joined the team takes a while...)

1st Challenge: The Gurren Brigade - Who The Hell Do You Think We Are!?!

gallery_22030_1466_1140.pngHero - (Founder of The Gurren Brigade and THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE) "Because everyone remembers a Hero. Nobody notices an extra."

Jodi V

Snow

Vixen68

Meta

Shelbstorm13

Iatetheyeti

Brieeeezy

PhDifferent

Mango

Ayla

Grneyedmusiklvr

Jltruong

Kalimah

Formymonkey

Chaosed

AshPS

PowerChick

CenteredLotus

WonderNatarella

Certified Wong Buggalo

Courier6

2nd Challenge: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!

3rd & 4th Challenges: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!

5th Challenge: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!

6th Challenge: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!

7th Challenge: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!

8th Challenge: - THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!! -

9th Challenge: = THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!! =

10th Challenge: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE = X =

So, my teammates, my comrades, my friends, let us continue our fight together, and soar to new heights! For a new challenge awaits us!

Hardship and turmoil may stand in our path, but through it all, new adventures lie just beyond the horizon!

So let’s get going! Just make sure to not get distracted by the “what if'sâ€, “should have'sâ€, and “if only'sâ€. The path we ourselves chose, that is the path of our universe!!! For the Rebellion!!!

(Other Theme Songs: Row Row Fight The Power - Thrust Through the Heavens with Your Spirit!)

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

= THE STORY THUS FAR =

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2: Attack on South City
  • Recap:
    • Having completed more Challenges than needed to advance to the next rank, Tiffany (The Brigade's commander), promoted The Brigade from E to D-Class (and gave the team their first Force Gems: magical triangular gemstones that increase power, and allow for spells to be cast, such as a shield spell, that creates a spherical force-field that surrounds and protects you; or healing spell to help patch you back up). With the option to go on Missions, the team leapt at the chance! But before they could head off, and emergency call from South City came through: the city was under attack by strange machines called Guardians, and needed help. Persuading The Commander to bring them along, The Brigade set off to face this challenge head on!

But things wouldn't go as smoothly as they'd planed: when a sinkhole dropped the team deep underground, they found themselves face to face with a metal monstrosity, called an Omega-Guardian! Told that it was too powerful for them to handle, the team made great haste down a lit tunnel. Thinking they'd outrun it, The Brigade stumbled upon an ancient lab, filled with old machines, and a Mega Force Gem. But before they could figure out what all of it was for, the Omega-Guardian caught back up, and the team was forced to fight!

Even after putting up the fight of their lives, the team found themselves outmatched: the Omega-Guardian kept up the assault! That is, until a mysterious black Haired girl saved them in the nick of time! With weak spots now drilled into the metal monstrosity, The Brigade and the black haired girl kept up the fight, until victory was theirs!

Exhausted, The Brigade stumbled to pick themselves back up after the fight. But just as they regain their footing, The Commander shows up. Worried to death that we might have died, she ran to us as fast as she could; but as she arrived, she notices the black haired girl. Revealing her name to be Jane, The Commander gives her a warm hug, expressing deep gratitude to know her long lost friend friend was ok. But with cold eyes, Jane touches the Mega Force Gem with an unknown object, causing it to fade from gold to black. As she walks away, she tells the commander the "...wind is blowing...," and ran down the tunnel, into the darkness.

Wiping away her tears, The Commander embraces The Brigade, and declares that it's time to go back home.
  • Pages:

• Like 1

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Oh look. It's a new brigade! A new challenge!! A NEW FRONTIER!!! Also who the heck is Jane? :|

I did lots of copying and pasting and typing and made a new challenge thread. OHYES. Who will join me in this wondrous battle of epic epicness?! HMM? Apparently not Jane...

Edited by Will. Indirectly. See below. Much necessity was had. Corresponding actions taken. Returning to base.

• Like 4

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

Oh look. It's a new brigade! A new challenge!! A NEW FRONTIER!!!

Fixed that for ya ;)

(added in the much needed "!!!")

Also who the heck is Jane? :|

Someone who doesn't like The Commander apparently  :playful:

I wonder what her goal is...?

More to come soon :D

I did lots of copying and pasting and typing and made a new challenge thread. OHYES. Who will join me in this wondrous battle of epic epicness?! HMM? Apparently not Jane...

Jane won't be joining us for much right now it seems; she's a little moody :rapture:

As for joining you in this "wondrous battle of epic epicness," I've got two words for ya': HELL YEAH!!! Time to get out there and KICK SOME ASS!!! :triumphant::tyrannosaurus::triumphant:

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

:semi-twins: <- WE MUST KICK THIS SMILING ASS TOGETHER.

LOL :lol:

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

:semi-twins: <- WE MUST KICK THIS SMILING ASS TOGETHER.

I REALLY WANT TO KICK THAT SMILING ASS!!

I have fought along side many. Many have fallen. Many more still stand by my side.

I have been cut. I do not bleed. I will not be stopped.

I have been wanderin. Looking. Searching.

I fight the fight in the name of... the hell if I know. 

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!!

I will fight. Shall we fight together?

• Like 4

Hey Will!!

Do I need to qualify in some way to join your Brigade, or can I just join in/fight/yell?

• Like 4

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

Welcome cmwanderin and lillucia! :cheerful:

I don't know if the sign-up sheet for the accountibilibuddies is still around. There used to be one in former challenges, but I haven't seen it so far - so it seems that joining ing / fighting / yelling is all that's needed. :D

Again, welcome to the Brigade! :livid:

• Like 3

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

EVERYBODY MOVE ASIDE! I AM JOSTLING INTO YOUR RANKS RIGHT NAOW!!!!

* snort * puff * 

I am so ready to kick some smiling ass. My thread is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58312-harihead-no-dread-no-bread-retread/

Yes, indeedy, welcome cmwanderin and lillucia! I'm sure Will will set up challenges appropriate to the number of Brigade members who show up. We shall thrash our opponents together!

WELCOME TO THE SMILING THRASHING WHOOPING BRIGADE!

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

She hath cometh!! *trumpetsblown*

HANS-SMASH!

HEYA FOLKSS?! Wellwellwellwellwellwelllll! Did ya think ya'll do this challenge without me?! WHO'S GONNA BRING THE HYPERACTIVITY AND EXCITEMENT AROUND THESE PARTS, HUH!? THATS RIGHT!

........-fizzles- We all will bring it. Yes. Yes. All. Shall. Do. The. Thing.

HANS PROFILE: Fit diet? Fit diet. Stop slacking about!

Here's to a brand new day! I look forward to destroying the fatty-flab with you folks yet again!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 5

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Ready to kick some weird smiling ass with y'all!

Here's my current thread.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE???!?!

Woohoo! Glad to see you here :D

I have fought along side many. Many have fallen. Many more still stand by my side.

I have been cut. I do not bleed. I will not be stopped.

I have been wanderin. Looking. Searching.

I fight the fight in the name of... the hell if I know. 

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!!

I will fight. Shall we fight together?

Hell yeah, we'll fight together!!! You don't even need to ask :D

Oh, and also...

Welcome to The Brigade, cmwanderin!!!

Glad to have you here!

Hey Will!!

Do I need to qualify in some way to join your Brigade, or can I just join in/fight/yell?

Thanks

Nope, you just need to join in :rapture:

No qualification needed, other than being ready to KICK SOME ASS!!! :tyrannosaurus:

Oh, also...

Welcome to The Brigade, lillucia!!!

Happy to have you on board!

I don't know if the sign-up sheet for the accountibilibuddies is still around. There used to be one in former challenges, but I haven't seen it so far - so it seems that joining ing / fighting / yelling is all that's needed.

Yeah, I didn't see it, so I'd assume that all you need to join a group is to, well, join :D

EVERYBODY MOVE ASIDE! I AM JOSTLING INTO YOUR RANKS RIGHT NAOW!!!!

* snort * puff * 

I am so ready to kick some smiling ass. My thread is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58312-harihead-no-dread-no-bread-retread/

Yes, indeedy, welcome cmwanderin and lillucia! I'm sure Will will set up challenges appropriate to the number of Brigade members who show up. We shall thrash our opponents together!

WELCOME TO THE SMILING THRASHING WHOOPING BRIGADE!

Woohoo! let's do this :D

And yes, I'll alter the Mini-Challenges to suit the number of people; but don't go thinking I'll be making it easy! Our adventure has only just begun! There's a whole wide world we'll be exploring (in the story, of course), and plenty of challenges waiting for us! So let's GO!!! :triumphant:

She hath cometh!! *trumpetsblown*

HANS-SMASH!

HEYA FOLKSS?! Wellwellwellwellwellwelllll! Did ya think ya'll do this challenge without me?! WHO'S GONNA BRING THE HYPERACTIVITY AND EXCITEMENT AROUND THESE PARTS, HUH!? THATS RIGHT!

........-fizzles- We all will bring it. Yes. Yes. All. Shall. Do. The. Thing.

HANS PROFILE: Fit diet? Fit diet. Stop slacking about!

Here's to a brand new day! I look forward to destroying the fatty-flab with you folks yet again!

Alright! Now I'm pumped! Your energy is contagious :D

Let us kick ALL the ass!!! :D

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Oh, wow. I'm blushing at my desk now, all you guys.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I'm ready and waiting. Bring on the enemies!!

Just so you guys are warned, I never scream when I'm scared.

But other times, I do sing (a lot) :)

• Like 5

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

AND SO WE SHALL, TOGETHER! Welcome to the SMILING ASS KICKING TASK FORCE (more commonly known as THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE)!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Most excellent. You can work with Will to get your voice in there with the theme music for each week. First mini challenge identified?!?! You should obviously get +1 CHA if you pull this off, because why not. ;)

I personally refuse to participate. That aside....

WELCOME TO THE BRIGADE YOU GUISE!  :semi-twins: 

I think I found my favourite emoticon...

• Like 4

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

OOOH! Singing is good! Please sing us our theme song! (Ill join!)

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 3

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

I think I found my favourite emoticon...

Seriously! :P

Tea, great to see you! I would be delighted to have you join our smiling ass-kicking task force. You will whomp bigtime, I know. :)

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

So much yelling and egg-citement.

633f725dc14f7d3f272cda250b6bb814.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote:

= WEEK ONE =

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Hometown - Nerd Fitness' Colony 2 Theme)

A gentle breeze sweeps across the city, as the sun hangs high in the air. Small white clouds slowly roll by, dotting the sky. As the citizens of Nerd Fitness’ Colony 2 go about their day, the city finds itself at peace.

Among its many towering buildings, the hospital lies near the center of the city; and at the bottom of the towering structure, a familiar group of friends are currently being discharged.

After a grueling fight over the fate of South City, the members of THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE were taken back home, and sent straight to the infirmary to be patched up. Over the next two weeks, the team received much needed treatment and rest. Feeling back at one hundred percent, the members of The Brigade requested to leave, and with the final approval by The Commander, they received the permission to.

“Alright, let me take that band off of you, and you’ll be all set to leave,†one of the nurses says to Cinalyc. “There, good to go!â€

“Thank you.†Cinalyc says, picking back up his bags.

“Thanks nurse-doctor-lady!†Will says, waving goodbye as he walks out the front doors.

“They have names you know,†Swampling says jokingly to Will.

“I know, I’m just bad with names, heh heh,†Will responds gleefully, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

“Hey, and you all!†the nurse yells to the group, “Be careful out there! Don’t go getting yourself hurt as badly as last time!â€

“Will do!†Hansjay replies.

“We promise!†Harihead adds.

As the team walks away from the hospital, a large bus drives up, meeting them in the parking lot. As the doors open, The Commander hops down to the ground.

“There’s my favorite team! How are you all feeling?†she says as she gives The Brigade a strong, warm group hug.

“We WERE doing good, but if you squeeze any tighter, my back’s gona’ break in two!†Cinalyc says, wheezing due to the pressure.

“Ahh, heh heh, sorry.†The Commander says, letting the group go. “Just glad to see you all back to full health.â€

“And we’re glad to be!†Harihead says happily.

“Yeah! I’m feeling super great!†Hansjay exclaims joyfully. “I’m at one hundred, no, one hundred and fifty percent!! I’m ready to kick any smiling ass that comes my way!â€

“Ehh, what?†The Commander asks, with a puzzled look on her face.

“Something Cinalyc came up with when we were in the hospital.†Swampling answers.

“It’s an ‘in-joke’ now.†Will responds, smiling while resting his hands behind his head.

“Guess I’ll have to become one of the cool kids to get in on it?†The Commander replies, cracking a grin while rolling her eyes.

Sliding over to the left, Will puts his hand over the side of his mouth and whispers loudly to Cinalyc.

“Hmm, I don’t know: this lady here wants to join the ‘cool kids club,’ but she doesn’t seem to fit the bill,†he says, as he points and glares at The Commander.

“Yeah, you’re right,†Cinalyc adds, glaring at The Commander as well. “She seems a little too boring to roll with us.â€

“Yeah, she just doesn’t seem cool enough.â€

“I can still hear you two, you know!†The Commander responds sternly, shaking her fist at the two of them.

“Ahh! Quick, hide on the bus!†Will exclaims, jumping through the bus’s open doorway.

Poking his head back out, he turns to The Commander and asks: “This IS the bus that’s taking us back, right?â€

“Of course!†The Commander responds happily. “Come on everyone, let’s get you all back to HQ!â€

--

Once back at Colony 2’s NerdFitness Rebellion HQ, the members of The Brigade head back to their rooms to put away their bags. Having finished folding his clothes and putting them away, Will wanders out into the hallway. As the door to his room slides open, light bathes the hall, flowing in from the towering windows on the far wall.

As Harihead walks down the passageway, she sees Will exiting his room, and decides to go talk to him.

“Hey Will, what’s up?†Harihead asks.

“Not much. Where’re you walking?†Will responds, tilting his head to the side.

“Nowhere in particular, just walking; care to join?â€

“Sure.â€

As the two walk down the hall, Harihead notices a worried expression on Will’s face, as he looks down at the ground.

“Uhh, is something… wrong?†Harihead asks worryingly.

“No… it’s just…†As Will pauses, he puts his hands behind his head, and looks up to the ceiling; “It’s just, I know we’ve only gotten back recently, but I’m already SUPER bored. I want another Mission.â€

“After what happened last time!? We almost died!â€

“Yeah… and I felt bad about bringing you all along as well-â€

“Have you forgotten what Lullaby told you, or do I have to repeat her?â€

“No, I still remember; I realize that you all came along because you wanted to. But even with all the danger, we helped so many people. Don’t you remember the looks on faces of the people we rescued after they were told the Guardian thread was neutralized?â€

“Yeah, I do; tears of joy and relief. I almost thought they’d throw us a parade right then and there.â€

“Well, less for us, and more for The Commander’s team, and the WWNA’s forces.â€

“Yeah, but we still did our part.â€

“That we did! That happiness and joy... I like bringing that to others.â€

“…â€

“And the fighting was exciting too! It might have been terrifying in the moment, but looking back, I enjoyed fighting alongside you all.â€

“… You know, you’re crazy. But I can get behind you special brand of craziness. I get where you’re coming from, and I agree one hundred percent.â€

“Who’s crazy?†a familiar voice says.

Turning behind them, Harihead and Will notice Cinalyc exiting his room.

“`Sup,†Cinalyc says, as he raises his hand to say hello.

“Nothing much,†Will responds, “Just walking. Wana’ join?â€

“Sure! Now, about what I said: who’s crazy?â€

“Will,†Harihead replies. “He wants to go on another mission already.â€

“Really!?†Cinalyc exclaims, his eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Can’t say I blame him though,†Harihead adds. “I feel the same way.â€

“Whew, good to know I’m not the only one.†Cinalyc says, putting his hand on his chest and sighing in relief.

“Really!?†Will says in excitement.

“Of course!†Cinalyc responds. “Here, think about it this way: we almost died fighting that monster back in the South City Mines. That very same monster is the stuff The Commander and her team were fighting, and beating. I want to get that strong, so the next time one of those things comes around, I can smash it into the ground, no sweat!â€

“I don’t think The Commander had ‘that’ easy of a time with them,†Harihead adds.

“Yeah, but still; you get what I mean,†Cinalyc replies. “And the best way to get that strength is to go on Missions.â€

“Well then, what are we waiting for!?†Will says ecstatically. “Let’s go ask The Commander what our next Mission is!â€

--

(Have a talk - Music)

“What!? No! Absolutely not!†The Commander says, completely shocked.

After Will, Cinalyc, and Harihead gathered up the rest of the members of The Brigade, the team went over to The Commander’s office to request a new Mission. So far, things haven’t been going well…

“Aww come on! Please!†Will begs, as he clasps his hands together, puffs out his bottom lip, and stares at The Commander with puppy dog eyes.

“That trick won’t work on me! And besides, you’ve all just recovered! Why the hell would you want to go back out in the field so soon!?â€

“Because,†Cinalyc says, “we almost died before-â€

“Exactly!†The Commander interrupts. “So why on earth would you want to risk your lives again so soon!?â€

“Because, as I was saying, we almost died, but you and your team handled things just fine! What if another calamity like that happens again! We want to be able to hold our own next time! We want to be strong, just like you all!â€

Taken aback from Cinalyc’s words, The Commander lowers her head, looking at the ground with a serious expression on her face. As she raises her hand to her mouth, she darts her eyes back and forth, as if pondering something.

After a short time passes in silence, The Commander lowers her hand, and sighs. Crossing her arms, she looks back up at The Brigade.

“So… you all want more strength, eh?†She says in a soft, yet stern tone.

“I think it’s unanimously agreed at this point,†Swampling replies. “Besides, Cinalyc has a point: if another incident like the one at South City happens again, we’ll join in our efforts, no questions asked. So it would be for our, and those who we’re protecting, best interests that we’re strong enough to at least stand a chance against the Omega-Guardians.â€

“You know we won’t just quit!†Tearose adds, cracking a smile. “We want to continue forward, growing ever stronger.â€

“*sigh* Hero, you raised one strong willed group…†The Commander says as she looks to the ground, shaking her head. “Alright, I’ve got an idea from a Mission: if you all want more strength, you’ll need someone to train you; and I’ve just the guy to do it.â€

“Wait, you won’t be training us?†Hansjay asks.

“I can’t. Remember the giant Force Gem we brought back with us from the mines? Normally, Rebels of your rank wouldn’t get to know about this, but since you’ve seen it, I might as well fill you in: It’s called a Mega Force Gem, and we think it may be instrumental in the fight against The Empire. This is the first one we’ve actually been able to bring back to HQ, and as one of the head researchers on the subject of Mega Force Gems, I need to stay and run tests; especially to figure out why it went black. After Jane touched it with… something, its color drained away, and as of now, seems to be turned off.â€

“So… who would be training us then?†Will asks.

“My brother, Mark.†The commander replies. “He’s a natural born Force Gem user. His control over Force Gem magic, especially his shield spell, is phenomenal! He should be the perfect teacher; he’ll be able to show you all how to use more advanced techniques.â€

“Alright! So, when do we get to meet him!?â€

“Thing is, you won’t be ‘meeting’ him per se; rather, you’ll be finding him.â€

“Huh?â€

“He… ran away long ago. But he left me a way to find him with his goodbye note. I feel it’s time I get back in contact with him, through you all of course; I have to stay here and research. He’ll understand, he was a scientist as well, and was studying Mega Force Gems alongside me.â€

“Alright, so where do we need to go?â€

“To the Central Mountain Range, to the east. He should be living in a settlement deep within the forests at the base of the mountains. You’ll have to pass over the plains in between to get there though. It’ll be about a six week journey on foot.â€

“We won’t be getting a ride?â€

“No, not this time; HQ’s vehicles are spread thin, for all who are bringing relief supplies to South City. The rest are for emergencies only, and this is not an emergency. Besides, this’ll help you get accustomed to going on Missions: traveling across the lands, navigating, and fighting off threats. Don’t worry, anything that you’ll face on your way over there won’t be anything you all can’t handle.â€

“Well then, it looks like we have a Mission!†Cinalyc exclaims. “When do we set off!?â€

“In just a few days.†The Commander replies.

Walking over to her computer, she pulls up a document, and looks it over. “There are two new Rebels who will be joining your group. Their names are: ‘cmwanderin’, and ‘lillucia’. They’re transferring over from NF’s Colony 1. For now, you all should go get some rest. I’ll take care of things here. For now, you’re all dismissed; except for you Will, I need to talk to you.â€

As the rest of the team leaves, Will looks back up at The Commander.

(A Gift from a Friend - Music)

“What’s that? You need to talk to little ol’ me?†Will says jokingly.

“Yeah, you’re the team’s swordsman, so I felt this would be best if given to you.†The Commander responds, turning away, and shifting through her belongings.

“Ooh, ooh! New gear, sweet!â€

“Here, take this.â€

Holding it with her palms up, The Commander presents Will with a red, sword-like object. From the end of the grip, a large ring forms, with a one sided blade reaching out from there. The blade itself is separated down the down the length of it, cutting it into two connected parts. Along the sides of the sword, blue markings adorn the weapon, from the pommel to the tip of the blade.

“Uhh, it looks unwieldy.†Will says as he raises one eyebrow.

“You get used to it, besides, it’s not activated.†The Commander responds, putting the weapon in Will’s hands. “Here, try and focus your Force Gem magic through the blade- but make sure to point it that way, so you don’t hit me or the walls!â€

Turning around, Will holds the sword with both hands, and focuses the energy of his Force Gem into the blade. As he does this, the blue markings begin to glow, and the two halves of the blade split apart, letting a blue beam through.

“Whoa, a beam-light-blade-saber thing!†Will exclaims in excitement. “Awesome! But, how come it stops a little bit after the end of the red blade? If it’s a laser beam, shouldn’t it keep going?â€

“It’s not a laser beam.†The Commander replies happily. “It takes the magic from the Force Gem, and uses it in the same way you use it to shield, just this time, instead of a bubble, you get a blade.â€

“Cool! So, when does everyone else get one!?â€

“There’s only one, and you’ve got it.â€

“Huh? Why only me?â€

“Because of what it means to my brother Mark: this was the sword that Hero used. He found it long ago, deep within a mining facility, and named it ‘The Dragon Slaying Sword,’ or just ‘The Dragon’ for short. If you show it to Mark, he’ll definitely help you all out. Just don’t get full of yourself for having it; there are other weapons out there that work like this one, and it shouldn’t be much stronger than the sword you have right now. It’s just that it’s an ancient relic of the past, and a reminder of Hero.â€

“Huh… this sword, ‘The Dragon,’ must mean a lot to you…â€

“It does, but I feel that giving it to you and your team is the right thing to do. He’d want somebody to use it, rather than have it gather dust. But hey, why don’t you go practice with it? It’s your sword now, and you might as well get used to it. Besides, it’s not like you would be able to carry it and your other sword with you on your Mission; that would be too much stuff.â€

“Wait, so this is mine now!?â€

“That’s what I said right?â€

“Woohoo! I’m-a go practice!â€

As Will runs out the door, The Commander steps forward.

“Wait Will!†she says. “There’s one last thing I want to tell you!â€

“Huh?†Will says, as he stands in the doorway, looking back.

“Hero always said that… that ‘With the power of my friends, the light of The Dragon shall cut through fate; the future is ours to decide.’ Just… just though I should let you know.â€

Warmly smiling back, Will nods his head.

“Thank you. I’ll make sure to remember that.â€

--

(Week One Theme - Gaur Plains)

Five days pass, and The Brigade finds themselves at the edge of the city, looking out to the plains that lie before them. As far as the eye can see, a rolling, grassy landscape stretches to the horizon. As the sun begins its climb into the sky, The Brigade readies itself.

“My first Mission!†lillucia exclaims. “Ohh, I’m so excited!â€

“I know!†cmwanderin adds. “I’m psyched to fight alongside all of you!â€

“And we’re glad you two are here!†Will responds gleefully. “Now, does everyone have their communication systems turned on?â€

“Yes!†the rest of The Brigade says in unison.

“Sweet, now then-â€

“Can you hear me too!?†a mysterious voice says over the Com. System.

“Gah! Who’s this!?â€

“Sorry, let me introduce myself: my name’s Ashely, and I’ll be your Navigator.â€

“Navigator?â€

“Yes; your Commander, Tiffany, appointed me recently to help you on this mission. I’ll be here at Colony 2’s HQ, guiding you along.â€

“Why didn’t she tell us about you before?â€

“Oh you know her, she can be forgetful at times. Besides, she’s swamped with work, running tests on that Mega Force Gem and whatnot. She probably just- oh wait, oops, I don’t know if you’re allowed to hear about the Mega Force-â€

“Don’t worry, we already know. The Commander gave us the ok, and told us about it before.â€

“Whew, good; thought I messed up there. Anyway, just check the files on you Com. System. Along with the Mission, it’ll have data about lil’ ol’ me.â€

Scrolling through to the Navigator tab, The Brigade sees a picture of a brown haired woman, with dark brown eyes. Smiling as she looks forward, she wears a blue NF tank top, with black sweatpants. Beside her portrait and name, her rank is listed as B-Class.

“Whoa, you’re almost as high a rank as The Commander!†Hansjay exclaims.

“Yeah, well, I’ve been at this for a while now, heh heh.†Ashely responds cheerfully. “But hey, don’t you all have a Mission to be starting?â€

“Oh yeah!†Will says, looking back up towards the plains. “Alright team, let’s go! It’s time to cross Gaur Plains!â€

--

--

Mini-Challenge: begin the trek across Guar Plains.

For this Mini-Challenge, we'll need to get a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes of walking and/or running in (this is as a total as a group, not individually).

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears