Sorry for going dark for a few weeks (it looks like I've constantly doing that over the course of this challenge :blink:), things got a bit... odd for me. But after getting some much needed encouragement from a close friend, I'm back, and... this is the part where I'd say I'm "ready to go", right? Well, I'm not; I still feel like shit. But I'll get up and try moving forward anyways!

So to that end, more story shall be written! The Brigade's new home shall be put up within the next few days! And some other third thing!

Let's keep going team!!! :triumphant:

You and me both! Getting up and moving forward is the ticket though. Let's hammer this shit out already and get our asses back in gear shall we!!

p.s. no worries on taking all the time needed to get yourself straight and you have a whole team here rooting for you.

• Like 2

Hello, hello, hello! Bee here (aka: PhDifferent) with a display name change, largely resulting from needing a bit of a super-refresh to get myself out of some thick darkness and back on track. 

So, I know the new challenge starts on Monday and this thread will no longer be in use, but wanted to say 'hello!' and that I'm hammering out my plans for the next challenge. I'll see you all in the new thread! 

:livid: 

• Like 6

A Level 3 Wood Elf Finding Her Way

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.†William G.T. Shedd

My People  :livid:

Current Challenge: Taking Time

Hello, hello, hello! Bee here (aka: PhDifferent) with a display name change, largely resulting from needing a bit of a super-refresh to get myself out of some thick darkness and back on track. 

So, I know the new challenge starts on Monday and this thread will no longer be in use, but wanted to say 'hello!' and that I'm hammering out my plans for the next challenge. I'll see you all in the new thread! 

:livid:

Excellent! Our army (re?)grows further :D

I personally have no idea what I'm doing next challenge... at all. Must have current ankle status re-evaluated (professionally) and... otherwise I'm sort of lost. I did post a supremely short challenge summary here though.

Maybe I should just make next challenge about solving all of these weird problems I've managed to come up with! :blink: (right/left muscle imbalances that are visually noticeable, terrible row form, notrowingwithdumbbells, ankle and shoulder eternally not-fully-healing, mobility issues).

• Like 2

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

Gah, it's taking me longer than I thought! A new home for The Brigade, and more story will be up later today. I've been a little busy the past few days, but I just wanted to let you all know it's still being worked on!

Off to bed for now though! See you all in the morning :onthego:

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Cinalyc, I'd definitely make healing part of your next challenge. It's a task that should be worked on regularly. Best wishes to you!

Will, I'm all knackered and flumpy, too. The flu took it out of me, and I carbed out (mostly on rice) because I felt the extreme need for comfort food. So, back on the bandwagon and hoping for the best. 

Good luck next challenge, all!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

= WEEK FIVE AND SIX END =

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, for Week Five through Six's fight, here are the results:

Before and During the fight

• Our Actions
    • Our starting HP: 445 / 1,000
      44.5%
      44.5%
      • Attack:
        • 1,500 (*epic explosion of awesomeness from the attack*)
          • Total: 2,329
      • Defense:
          • Total: 978
      • Healing:
          • Total: 614
            • Our HP after healing: 1,000 (max HP reached)
  • Wooden Puppets
    • The Wooden Puppets' HP: 1,000 / 1,000
      100%
      100%
      • Total Attack Power: 1,600 (800 normally, but this fight went on for two weeks, so they got another chance to attack)
        • (-DEF): 622

--

After the fight

• Our HP: 378 / 1,000
    37.8%
    37.8%
  • The Wooden Puppets' HP: 0 / 1,000
    0%
    0%
  • Defeat the Wooden Puppets: Successful
  • Make it though the maze: With 50+ hours of walking/running done, I'd say we made it through just fine! So yeah, Successful!!!

--

End Results: WIN

--

WOOHOO, great work team! We did AWESOME :D

I'm super proud of everyone here :pride:

• Like 1

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

= END OF SIX WEEK CHALLENGE =

END OF CHALLENGE WRAP-UP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*CRACK* *WHAM*

*Boof*

Landing a hit square in the chest, Cmwanderin sends one of the wooden puppets flying away! Its body broken, it lies lifeless on the forest floor.

“HAAH!!!â€

Rushing towards another one, he attacks with great force.

*BAM*

“Come on! Let’s keep up the fight!†he yells.

As the rest of the team takes out the enemy forces, Harihead takes a step to the back of the group.

*Fwoom* *Fwoom*

Back to the treetops the Puppets go.

“Damn it, they’re gone again.†Urgan says, exasperated. “At least we got one…â€

“I’m getting tired of wandering in circles…†Erosan sighs. “When are we gona’ find what’s-his-face?â€

“Soon!†Harihead says, looking down at her tablet. “I’ve been making a map since we entered this part of the forest.â€

“Well, where do we have to go now?â€

“Just about every path we’ve been lead down has circled back to another; none have been a dead end… except that one.â€

Pointing at the screen, Harihead shows the map to the rest of the group.

“There, in the upper left corner. There’s one potential path we haven’t been lead down. It was blocked off by a fallen tree trunk before. How much you wana’ bet that was another illusion?â€

“Heh, you may just be right!†lillucia says, leaning in observing the map, with a smirk on her face. “Those ‘spirits’ haven’t outsmarted us yet! Let’s go team!â€

--

Having finally gotten a lead on where to go, THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE makes their way through the forest maze, in the hopes of finding Mark!

“Finally, here we are!†Harihead exclaims, looking up from her map.

*Bamf*

Landing before The Brigade, a small imp stands with a horn in its hand, and a mask on its face in the shape of a skull.

“… Don’t leave…†The brigade hears echoing around them.

“… play… please…â€

Lifting the horn to its mouth, the imp blows with great force into it.

*Bwooorm*

Quickly covering their ears, The Brigade is left in a daze.

“Ahh, it’s so loud!†Cinalyc says, cringing in pain.

“What’s going on!?†Hansjay exclaims, covering her ears as tightly as she can.

Suddenly, more wooden puppets drop from the tree tops! Ten in total surround The Brigade, ready to strike!

“Damn it, that’s it!!!†Cmwanderin yells in frustration. “Everyone, back me up!â€

With haste, Cmwanderin dashes towards the woodland imp.

“Eat THIS!!! HAAH!!!â€

*whoosh*

Just before the punch was landed, the imp disappeared in a puff of smoke.

“Huh!? Little bastard; where’d he go!?â€

“No time to worry about that now, we’ve got other problems!†Hansjay replies.

“Heh, I’ve been saving up magic for a time like this! HAH!!!â€

With all his might, Cmwanderin unleashes the power he’s been storing! Yellow flames of magic energy envelope him, as he readies himself to fight.

“Let’s go!â€

In a flash, he circles The Brigade, gathering up all the Puppets in the process.

“Why don’t you guys… take a seat!â€

With great strength, he throws the mass of Puppets, slamming them into the ground.

*WHAM*

Quickly jumping back, Cmwanderin clenches his fist as tight as he can. Readying his stance, he dashes forward with blinding speed, crashing through the wooden mass, sending pieces of the Puppets flying in all directions!

*CRASH* *WHAM*

*Boof*

As the dust clears, The Brigade raises their gaze once more, only to find Cmwanderin lying on the ground, dazed and exhausted, with a mass of trees behind him broken and splintered.

“I… I did it…†he says with a weak smile. “Good thing these trees where hear to slow me down…â€

“But… what WAS that!?†Hansjay exclaims, completely taken aback.

“I… I have no idea. Heh heh!â€

Reaching out his hand, Will leans in to help Cmwanderin back up.

“Well, whatever it was, teach me how to do it.†Will says with a grin.

“… Hee hee…†the mysterious voice laughs again. “… You all are fun… Thanks for playing with me…â€

*Fwoop*

Hearing a noise behind them, The Brigade quickly turns around. Looking back, the fallen tree trunk that had blocked their path is suddenly gone! In its place, a new pathway has opened.

“… You all are nice people… right? This way… to the village…â€

“Look, there’s the cave entrance!†Will proclaims. “A dead tree trunk that looks like a face, and all! Let’s go!â€

Hurrying through, The Brigade hears one last laugh from the voice:

“… Hee Hee…â€

--

Slowly, The Brigade makes their way through the cave. Small critters run about, scared away by the light of the Lanterns the team carries with them, as water droplets fall from stalactites on the cave celling. As the hours pass, the team makes their way over deposits of boulders, up the cave walls, and through narrow passageways.

“How long is this cave?†Will questions, scratching his head as he walks along with the rest of the team. “We sure we haven’t taken a wrong turn?â€

As he walks forward, his foot kicked up a small rock; but lillucia, not hearing it hit the ground, quickly reaches out her hand.

“Hold on Will!†She says abruptly.

…

…

*sploosh*

Looking down, The Brigade sees, far below in the cave, a large river raging through.

“Almost fell off! You’ve got to be more careful!†She says looking back at Will.

“Y-y-yeah… thanks…†Will says with unease, looking down to the waters below.

Looking ahead, the team sees bridge to the left, formed by a narrow jut of rock, reaching to the other side. One by one, they walk across, slowly and carefully.

“Good thing I didn’t fall…†Will mumbles to himself as he walks across, reaching behind his head, and grabbing onto his floppy green cap out of nervousness.

As the team turns a corner, the cave slopes up, at the end, a light shines bright.

“There it is!†Swampling exclaims. “Come on, we’re almost there!!!â€

Running with great haste, The Brigade climbs the hill, and upon reaching the light, they are greeted by the outside world once more.

With the dense forest behind them, the woods open up just enough to let the sun shine through once again. With the orange glow of the setting sun enveloping the woods, The Brigade looks forward. Before the team, a long flight of stone stairs reach up into the distance, with the top of a large red, wooden gate poking over the hill.

“Last one to the top is an Empire grunt!†Hansjay says as she sprints forward.

“Hey, wait up!†Swampling replies laughingly, as she follows suit.

After a minute of stair climbing, The Brigade reaches the top, when suddenly-

“Ha ha! I win!†Hansjay yells in excitement.

“*hah* *hah* But who, *hah* came in last?†Swampling says, catching her breath.

“Looks like Will did.†Cinalyc replies, looking down the stairs. “See Will, this is what happens when you skip leg day!†He yells.

“Arrg, I didn’t skip!†Will yells, shaking his fist. “It’s cause I have to carry Cmwanderin! He’s completely drained!â€

“Thanks… for carrying me…†Cmwanderin responds in a haze, slowly drifting off to sleep.

“Save your energy; that move took more out of you than we thought.†Will says as he continues to climb the stairs.

“Yeah it… yeah… yeah it… did… Zzzz…â€

Reaching the top of the stairs, Will lays Cmwanderin down by a nearby tree to nap.

“Man, I’m beat.†Will says. “With any hope, Mark will have a place for us to sleep-â€

*WHAM*

Suddenly, a large Shield Spell forms in the entrance way of the red gate. Filling the square hole, a shadowy figure stands behind it and slowly approaches.

“How is this Shield Spell so big… and this shape?†Cinalyc mumbles to himself.

“State your business.†The figure says sternly.

“Huh?†Will replies. “Oh, umm, we’re looking for a guy named Mark-â€

“Leave.â€

“What!?†The Brigade yells in surprise!

--

--

• Mission Objective - [Find Mark]: Uhh... maybe?
    • Six Week Challenge: Complete
      • +100 to max HP

Like I said in the previous post, I'm really proud of everyone here. I'm sorry I didn't get around to all of you over the course of this challenge, but I'm glad you joined. Being together as a team is what makes these challenges fun :D

Anyways, the new Brigade thread shall be up shortly. I'll post a link once I'm done :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Woohoo! You know what time it is, right team!? It's time to head on over to The Brigade's newest Thread!!! :triumphant:

Here's the link: THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE = X =

I even got everything set up beforehand this time :D

I'll see you all over there :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears