I had to jump to the end, sorry.  I have completed 30 minutes of running already this week.

Woohoo! hooray for running :D

And no worries on skipping to the end; I got a little overzealous while I was writing this :nevreness:

Heh heh, oops :redface-new:

(I'll try and tone it back from now on :rapture:).

Here's a summary: some people said some stuff. I got a shiny thing. And now we're all searching for some guy named Mark to train us :pride:

--

Oh, and I got in some running and walking as well:

Run: 8min.

Walk: 1h. 5min.

Yeah, my feet started to hurt while I was running, so I decided to walk the rest of the loop back home. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that it would be shorter to turn around at the point that I was at, so I just continued forward. At least it was a nice day :D

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Wahoo!

I just looked up my fitbit to see how long I walked today (to my car which was parked a little distance away)... only 6 minutes. I shall contribute more tomorrow/tonight, I promise!

• Like 4

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

I certainly did some of that walking stuff. 

I'll cut to the chase and say it was approximately 30 minutes at work/home. I suppose I can't count the time I spent walking around the climbing gym yesterday... since it was yesterday.

I was even going to walk up the stairs in my apartment building... until I completely forgot and happily still took the elevator :grey:

• Like 3

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

I am always shuffling between running and walking while using the treadmill so I can't really differentiate between them let alone time them therefore my entries shall include both running and walking..

I run-alked (see what I did there fellas? Yup! learn from the maestro of words) for 31 mins on Wednesday and just finished my 50 mins and 30 sec round today. Yay!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 4

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

I just looked up my fitbit to see how long I walked today (to my car which was parked a little distance away)... only 6 minutes. 

Remember the end of Harry Potter, and Gryffindor won the House Cup because Neville Longbottom won 10 points? ;) Just saying.

Keep up the good work!

I was even going to walk up the stairs in my apartment building... until I completely forgot and happily still took the elevator :grey:

My elevator is a mood indicator. When I'm too tired for the stairs, something is up. 

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

I took my K9 Beasts out for a quick scouting run. Half way I had them wait while I ran ahead in order to avoid attracting too much attention. Was able to avoid conflict with numerous wild creatures and inhabitants. Things appeared to be normal.

35 minutes. Let me know if there is more I can do. 

• Like 4

+30 minutes of walking. With the pony (who has four legs - so does that count twice??? ;) )

Woo! Nice work :D

I only walk/ run for 10 min a week at the moment the rest is on the stairstepper or elliptical,( around 160 min worth) can I count that? I'll be adding more walking next week.

Sure! Any type of walking / running counts :pride:

1 hour of walking so far this week. 

Nice! Keep it up :triumphant:

Wahoo!

I just looked up my fitbit to see how long I walked today (to my car which was parked a little distance away)... only 6 minutes. I shall contribute more tomorrow/tonight, I promise!

Woohoo :D

I certainly did some of that walking stuff. 

I'll cut to the chase and say it was approximately 30 minutes at work/home. I suppose I can't count the time I spent walking around the climbing gym yesterday... since it was yesterday.

I was even going to walk up the stairs in my apartment building... until I completely forgot and happily still took the elevator

Awesome work!

And don't feel too bad about the elevator; just do your best to remember to take the stairs next time ;)

I am always shuffling between running and walking while using the treadmill so I can't really differentiate between them let alone time them therefore my entries shall include both running and walking..

I run-alked (see what I did there fellas? Yup! learn from the maestro of words) for 31 mins on Wednesday and just finished my 50 mins and 30 sec round today. Yay!

Yay! Nice job :rapture:

I took my K9 Beasts out for a quick scouting run. Half way I had them wait while I ran ahead in order to avoid attracting too much attention. Was able to avoid conflict with numerous wild creatures and inhabitants. Things appeared to be normal.

35 minutes. Let me know if there is more I can do. 

Ooh, cool, role-playing! I like it :rapture:

Yeah, I forgot to mention it before, but everybody: feel free to add in some role-playing stuff if you feel like it. If you want to talk about how you did "this" or "that," or attacked an enemy in "such and such way," go right ahead. Feel free to flesh out a character for yourself (or just yourself, if your character IS you [like what I'm doing in my case]), what weapons you have, and such. Again, it's completely optional, don't feel like you NEED to do that; but if you want to, go right ahead :)

(maybe, bold it, and put in maroon, just to be able to tell it apart from everything else, I guess :cheerful:)

Oh, and nice job on the walking! I don't think there's any more that we need to do this week (I just did the math, and we've exceeded the walk/running goal by quite a lot).

• Like 3

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Oh, and nice job on the walking! I don't think there's any more that we need to do this week (I just did the math, and we've exceeded the walk/running goal by quite a lot).

Ah, phew. I actually did some slow moving exploratory work today (as in, furniture shopping). So, I walked slowly for about 4 hours, but I didn't really think it should count :)

Jog along, ponies!

• Like 3

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

Add 35 more minutes. Darn this snow; makes it hard to walk. :)

• Like 4

Level 9 Ranger

I went for 41 mins of run-alking!( more walk, less run)

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 4

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

Very brisk 20-minute walk today. I beat the snow!

• Like 4

Level 9 Ranger

YOOOOO! Snow-bashing in this weather! I salute your power!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Quote:

20mins 05 sec of run-alking!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote:

Pacha scouts out ahead of the group.  As he is making sure the way is clear, he comes upon a pair of sentries on patrol.  With a quick flick of his wrists, he produces two daggers from his belt, and removes the threat the sentries posed.  He pulls them into the bushes, kicking dirt around the spot where they fell to conceal the brief yet silent struggle.  He continues on his way, making sure there are no more patrols to contend with.

((30 minutes of assassiny walking this morning))

• Like 4

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

With a quick flick of his wrists, he produces two daggers from his belt, and removes the threat the sentries posed.  

Right. Pacha's doing all this with grace and ease. 

I'm creeping along the sidewalk at 0.02 miles per hour, trying not to slip. :D

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

My sidewalk is covered in a nice, thin sheet of ice....

Yikes, mine also. Freezing sleet last night, with the air full of ice crystals. 

I love being outside, but it's harder for me to get my workouts in. Maybe I should investigate plastic sheeting and dispatch some sentries in my own house...

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger