Ermmmm.

Hans calls to handle the rear. Rears/Backside; they were always boring and always so exciting. Paradox locations always interested Hans because people rarely looked back to check up on one's movements. Heck! You can do anything as long as you stay with your team and remember to not lag too far behind (also, keep away from dangerous looking animals). At a safer distance at the far back, she decides to skip about, her smallish legs swaying and kicking up the sandy earth beneath. The noisy sounds of the forest increasing the intrigue of her surroundings, the colours of the trees sparkling ever so gentle under the bright yellow sun; everything felt so pure and majestic around her.

After a while, the joy of staying behind turned into boredom and fear~ "Who knew taking on the responsibility of protecting your peoples' backs seriously bored the bones out of you~" Hans thought a bit before exclaiming softly, "Oh wait! Let's play football to kill the time". With that Hans crouches down and opens up her big adventure bag to look. "Let me see", she said to herself reflexively pulling her tongue to one side of her mouth—an unconscious act she had no control over. After a while, she finally caught hold of, "OL' BALL-O" her favourite small football. It was a rather old thing; kind of flat and beaten up badly from all the years of play—but hey! It has been with her through everything and she never left her home without it in her bag pack.

"Just don't forget the team ahead, girl!"

*I played some casual football by myself for 20 mins or half an hour :L"

(sprints and all)

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 6

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

I know it horrendous but I TRIED OKAY D:

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

LOL roleplay, right?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

"I think we're going to need to make a crutch or something for Cinalyc," lillucia whispered to Will. "Look, he's really in pain. If he gets much worse, we might need to carry him or something..."

Will nodded gravely in response and scanned the surroundings for something which could be fashioned into a support, however primitive.

"That'll do it!" he exclaimed, seeing a dried up Turmvie shrub, whose limbs had risen straight but through lack of water, now held only wilted leaves. One, two, three snicks of Harihead's formidable knife, some binding using the roots of the Turmvie, a cushion of lillucia's otherwise useless cardigan, and the new medics had completed their task.
Now it was up to Will to diplomatically present what they'd worked on to Cinalyc.

As he approached Cinalyc, however, the necessity was removed, as Cinalyc boomed, "is that a crutch I see in your hand, young Will?"
"That it is," stated Will firmly. "We'd be honoured if you would try it out!"
Taking the crutch from Will, Cinalyc settled it under his arm with a grunt and tried a few swinging steps forward. "It works!" hissed lillucia with glee.

Looking up at the Brigade, Cinalyc offered a wry smile and said, "Well, are you going to wait behind while I reach the mountains first? Let's get on!"

Now, this isn't roleplay... just me rabbling. And I realise that I may have the wrong pictures for the Brigade Members in my head...so please feel free to correct/ add/improve/whatever!

• Like 5

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

Now, this isn't roleplay... just me rabbling. And I realise that I may have the wrong pictures for the Brigade Members in my head...so please feel free to correct/ add/improve/whatever!

Seems pretty accurate to me. My ankle hurts like :mad-new: today and I've been in a generally terrible mood as this week unfolds. Reading that actually kind of cheered me up, so thanks  :D Furthermore, I really am waddling towards some mountains while this stupid thing heals... in that I had better be able to hike and climb up (and down) mountains by the time summer comes. So yep, well done :tongue:

On that note, I most likely will be getting an actual crutch or something to fully immobilize my ankle... at least during the times I'm not working out, of course. Pretty hard to do squats and deadlifts with crutches. ;)

• Like 3

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

Nice work, Iillucia! I do, in fact, own a formidable knife. :)

Poor Cinalyc! Ooh, I'm feeling your pain. Take it slow and easy. Be careful! Sending good thoughts your way. 

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Have I mentioned how awesome you all are, 'cause you are :D

And yes, to any who are wondering if they're doing the role-playing thing right, you are! It's all about having fun :rapture:

(and you're doing an awesome job at it, might I add; reading the stuff you've all written made me smile [not saying I don't smile often or something; gah, you know what  mean :P])

I might have an idea as to where I want to take the story, but seeing what you all are adding to it helps keep things fresh and surprising on my end as well :D

It's our story after all; we all play an important part in it ;)

--

Wrap-up for Week 1, and more story are on their way :pride:

Just give me a sec to type it all up :playful:

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

= WEEK ONE END =

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright team, let's get those week wrap-ups done! Just go ahead and leave a comment with a link to the wrap-up post on your thread, or write it here :pride:

And as for this last week's goal, here's the results:

Goal:

• 2 hours of walking/running.

--

What we did:

• 40 hours of walking/running (holy shit!!!)

--

End Results: WIN

--

Nice work everybody (like, really nice work; I'll have to set the "walking/running" bar higher next time :P)! Let's keep going!!! :triumphant:

• Like 2

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

= WEEK TWO =

BATTLE AT THE BRIDGE

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Gaur Plains - Night)

*Crack* *Snap* *Snap* *Crack* *POP*

Night has fallen upon the land, and The Brigade finds themselves deep within the woods. With the surrounding vegetation, the gentle wind can be heard brushing against the tops of the trees, yet the air below sits still. Surrounded by a circle of rocks, a fire warms the team, as they rest after a long day of trekking.

“*hah*… finally, some time to rest.†Will says, wiping his brow as he sits himself down.

“Food will be done soon,†Cinalyc says. “Hope you all like scrambles.â€

“That sounds delicious!†Will exclaims, his eyes gleaming as his mouth waters.

“How did you manage to get eggs all the way out here?†Forkboy asks.

“I have my ways.†Cinalyc responds, as he gives all those sitting behind him a thumbs-up.

“Ol’ Ball-o, looks like I’m gona’ have to put you away for now,†Hansjay says, as she puts her small football back inside her Big Adventure Bag. “It’s gona’ be dinner time soon. By the way, is this the forest we had to make it to? Are we almost there!â€

“Sorry, but no,†Ashely responds over the Com. System. “Looking at the map, there’s still quite a bit of ground to cover before you all make it there. Right now, you all are at the edge of a small forest, you’ll probably get back to the plains by tomorrow noon at the latest. The forest you’re talking about Hansjay, ‘The Lost Woods,’ is still at least a two week trip from where you all are.â€

“Hope this detour into the woods didn’t slow us down too much.†PachaTisai replies.

“Well, it was a necessary detour.†Will adds. “I mean, if it wasn’t for you, those sentries would have spotted us. Taking this route, we should be able to avoid their sight.â€

“You know you’re allowed to engage them, right?†Ashely says. “They’re The Empire’s forces, if you have to use force to get by, you’re allowed to use force.â€

“No need to start a fight however.†Swampling adds. “Our main goal is to find Mark, not engage in combat with the enemy, in situations where it can be avoided. That would only slow us down.â€

“Heh heh, I guess you’ve got a point there.†Ashely replies.

Walking over to Will, lillucia sits down.

“Looks like the crutch is working for him.†Lillucia says as she points over to Cinalyc, still preparing The Brigade’s meal.

“Yeah, it is.†Will responds happily. “Thanks to you and Harihead for helping me make it though.â€

“Yeah!†lillucia responds, smiling. “There’s just one thing I’m wondering though: Why are we even running into The Empire’s forces out here?â€

“Yeah, I’ve been wondering that as well!†cmwanderin adds. “What happened to staying in their own territory? Did they forget about the Cold War that’s going on or something?â€

“Well, yes, there is a Cold War going on, but there’s more to it.†Ashely interjects. “See it all happened when… umm, was it then, or… before that… heh heh, I’m not all that great with history, computer science is more my area of expertise, so I can’t remember. Here, let me pull up a file on it though… and… here! The year was 2535… the ‘Second Force War’ had started… blah blah blah, we get to 2550, and The Empire rises from almost out of nowhere, taking the world by surprise… blah blah blah, the day they rose is now known as ‘The Day of Fate,’ and during it, many of the old world leaders are killed by Empire controlled Guardians… something about The Empire declaring war on the rest of the world… the ‘World Wide National Alliance,’ or the WWNA, is formed by the remaining world leaders to combat The Empire… then a lot of other stuff happens, and we get to a Cold War between the WWNA and The Empire in 2700… Oh! And in 2735, Nerd Fitness is formed by Steve, in a small settlement just to the West of the WWNA’s territory, in an effort to combat The Empire. Some stuff happens, and then we get to now, 2751.â€

“Whoa, surprise history lesson.†Cinalyc says, as he looks off to the side. “Gah, got distracted, can’t let my food burn!â€

“Here we go; this is what I was looking for.†Ashely says. “During the Cold War, The Empire and the WWNA agreed that the former fighting ground shall now be considered neutral ground, which neither side can expand into. And that ‘neutral ground’ turns out to be a LOT of ground! This was done in order to lessen the fighting, and as time went on, settlements started popping up all around. This still doesn’t stop The Empire from wandering around in it, however. As for why they’re doing that, I have no clue.â€

“To cause trouble, I’d assume.†Will says, frowning as he looks at his fist. “Those bastards do nothing but ruin lives. As soon as I was old enough to join NF, I left the WWNA to add my support here. The WWNA seems to still think they can solve this diplomatically, but the 51 year long Cold War says different. Hell, this conflict with them has gone on for over 200 years! Think of how many generations of people lived their ENTIRE LIVES in fear! And even when in the MIDDLE of a fucking Cold War, these assholes still have the gall to go and attack unaffiliated settlements; attack people who are just trying to live their lives!â€

“We know Will.†Harihead says in an effort to calm Will down. “We all feel the same way.â€

“*hah*… yeah… yeah, I know. I just get so mad thinking about it. I wanted to take on those Empire soldiers we almost ran across… but Swampling, you’re right: the mission comes first right now. We need to find Mark, not fight every group of Empire lackeys we run across. And… I guess just killing them on sight wouldn’t make us any better than them, in a way…â€

“Right, for now, self-defense only.†Swampling says in a comforting tone, as she walks over to Will and pats him on the head. “Remember, we’re the heroes, we stop the bad guys; we don’t go killing them off for fun.â€

Looking up, Will smiles back at Swampling as he nods his head: “Right. We aim to help, not to hurt.â€

“Heh heh, there you go!â€

“Alright! Food is DONE!†Cinalyc says, as he pulls a large frying pan away from the campfire, filled to the brim with a scramble.

“Woohoo! Time to eat!†Will exclaims as he jumps to his feet.

--

The sun hangs high in the air, as clouds roll slowly by. The Brigade had eaten their full the night before and gotten some much needed rest, but now, they find themselves reentering the plains. The terrain has changed slightly as the team’s moved forward: the some hills climb into the air, and drop off, creating wondrous overhangs; and a large river emanating from a waterfall off in the distance cuts through the landscape. As the team continues on, the plains remain peaceful; the world around them remains calm.

“Huh, I think we might have lost them.†Hansjay says as she looks behind from the back of the group.

“Yeah, I think we should be good…†Harihead responds. “There, let’s get over to that bridge.â€

But as The Brigade approaches the waterfall, a hidden enemy makes themselves known!

(Time to Fight!!! - Music)

*KA-THOOM*

“What was that!?†Cinalyc asks.

“Guys, shields up!†cmwanderin yells.

*BA-BOOM*

As the smoke clears from the missed rocket, The Brigade looks ahead, only to see a platoon of Empire Soldiers who’ve moved in front of the bridge! A large figure emerges from the middle of the group, and stands tall as they face the team.

“I understand that you all have killed some of my soldiers in an effort to sneak by.†He says in a deep commanding voice. “I’ll have you know I will not have you Rebel scum interfere with The Empire’s goals any further!!!â€

“Oh yeah! Just try and stop us!!!†Will yells as he steps forward and pulls out his sword, The Dragon. “We’ll show you The Dragon’s power!â€

“You have that blade!? Men, fire at will!! And retrieve that red blade at all costs!!!â€

“Alright team, LET’S GO!!!â€

--

--

Mini-Challenge: Fight our way forward!!!

Ok, so the way this works is simple. If you’ve ever played a turn based RPG, this should feel familiar. We fight enemies over the course of this week. They have a set amount of HP, as do we. Any exercises listed here (that are done apart from the workout you already do), count towards attacking, defending (only planks defend), or healing (some exercises do more in respective fields). To choose, just say what you want it count towards when you list the exercise on the thread.

Healing only heals to our maximum HP, so we need to block any extra damage done by an opponent (i.e. we have a max HP of 1,000, we go into a fight with it lowered to 600, we restore 2,000 HP, only 400 is used for healing, and the rest will not negate any more damage we take).

We also have a Bag in which items are stored. They allow for healing, status effects, revival, and such. Click the spoiler under "BAG" to see what we have in our inventory. If you would like to use an item, just post so (some items can't be used manually, and will activate on their own under specific conditions). Just remember that there are a limited number of items to use!

To move on, we must lower the enemy's HP to zero. If they lower our HP to zero… well, hopefully we have something that could help us out in that situation...

--

• Our HP: 1,000 / 1,000
    100%
    100%
    • Our Attacks:
      • α Tier
        • Push-ups
          • Regular / knee
            • Times 1 for every rep
        • Planks
          • Used for defense and healing only
            • Times 1 for every 10 seconds for defense (i.e. 1min. gets you 60 defense)
            • Times 1 for every 20 seconds for healing (i.e. 1min. gets you 30 healing) 
        • Running
          • Times 1 for every minute
      • β Tier
        • Push-ups
          • Decline
            • Times 2 for every rep
      • γ Tier
        • Push-ups
          • One Handed
            • Times 3 for every rep
        • Pull-ups
          • Times 3 for every rep
        • Chin-Ups
          • Times 3 for every rep
    • BAG

• Our inventory:
        • Healing Items:
          • Phoenix down - x2
            • Description:
              A feather shaped device that has been pumped full of Healing Magic. It will activate if you fall in battle.

If the party's HP drops to zero, this is automatically used to restore half of the maximum HP. Fighting resumes on the following week.
          • Bottled Fairy - x1
            • Description:
              This little thing looks like a fairy, but really it's a supercharged healing device. If you fall in battle, this little thing will have you back on your feet, feeling at 100% in no time!

If the party's HP drops to zero, this is automatically used to restore all of the maximum HP. Will only be used if no other automatic healing items are present. Fighting resumes on the following week.
          • Red Potion - x5
            • Description:
              A strange mixture made from Chu jelly, that's been imbued with Healing Magic. It might not taste the best, but it'll have you feeling better in no time.

Heals 50 HP.
        • Offensive Items:
          • - EMPTY -
        • Defensive Items:
          • Deku Nut - x2
            • Description:
              Nature's Stun Grenades, these little things are found on Deku Trees within the Lost Woods. Throw one down, and the flash from the tiny explosion will stun opponents momentarily. Do not ingest (or suffer from a huge tummy ache).

Subtracts 20 Attack from the enemy's Total Attack Power, due to being stunned.

Empire's Soldier's HP: 700 / 700
100%
100%
  • Total Attack Power: 300

--

Alright, let’s DO THIS!!!

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Woaaaahh.

(OMGBALLOSCAMEO<3)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

*ROARS A MIGHTY BATTLE CRY*

In what seems a little over the top, cmwanderin charges haphazardly into the oncoming ranks of Empire Soldiers. Shocked by the unusual sequence of events leading to the charge, the Brigade stands by watching, mouths agape, as he seems to be easily dispatching of each soldier that comes into contact with his oddly metallic, yet nimble hands. In what only seemed like seconds, most of the soldiers are in piles on the ground. -Will- shakes off the shock and unassuredly asks the others if there will be anything left. At that moment, a glancing blow off cmwanderin's head from the Empire Commander just misses its deadly mark. What could only be described as unusual, after being quick as a whip moments earlier, cmwanderin looked to be in slow motion as the blow headed toward its deadly mark. Noticeably hurt, he begins striking out at the thin air at indiscernible angles. Another powerful strike down by the Empire Commander is luckily blocked by the flailing of arms. But as a third, and even more powerful, strike begins to fall, cmwanderin's short career with the mighty Dai-Gurren Brigade appears to be all but over!

40 incline (34") one-arm pushups (20 each side) = 120 Attack Points

210 decline (20") pushups                                    = 420 Attack Points

240 second plank                                                 = 240 Defense Points

?: Is the defence points 1 per second or 1 per 10 seconds?

• Like 3

I run like a maniac for 50 mins (most epic role play ever) :P

• Like 3

Spoiler

Quote:

Kamina-oniisama, eeerr... I mean, Will-sama, is it too late to join the brigade? I've never roleplayed, but this looks like FUN, and I want in. please (I can wait for the next week's mini if needed be)?

• Like 3

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

PachaTisai and cmwanderin, you are MONSTERS with planks!!!! 

I run like a maniac for 50 mins (most epic role play ever) :tongue:

I walk like an old lady for 35 minutes. :o 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

PachaTisai and cmwanderin, you are MONSTERS with planks!!!!

I walk like an old lady for 35 minutes. :o

I lift you up and throw you on the foot soldiers. HOOMAN BALLL! (Lol! Much maturity such fun?)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Quote:

I PLANKED FOR 54 sec :D

(Add to our healing and defence, Will?)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

Okay, here's how dim I am. I haven't been counting my planks, just walking minutes. Probably 2 mins of planks over the last week? 

I lift you up and throw you on the foot soldiers. HOOMAN BALLL! (Lol! Much maturity such fun?)

That's the fastest I've moved in ages! I giggle my way through the foot soldier slaughter. 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

35 (defense) and 36 (healing) sec of planks make how many?

20 knee push-ups. (Attack)

20 mins 20 sec run

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote:

Okay, here's how dim I am. I haven't been counting my planks, just walking minutes. Probably 2 mins of planks over the last week?

That's the fastest I've moved in ages! I giggle my way through the foot soldier slaughter.

Fart rainbows too! :D

NYAN HARIHEAD!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

Pacha jumps into the fray, producing throwing knives from his sleeves.  He hurls the dart like knives at their foe, each of them finding their mark.  They may not inflict much damage individually, but the ten that were thrown will take quite the toll.  As he lands, picks up a shield, holding it ready to deflect any attack that comes his way.

40 pushups = 40 attck

3 minutes plank = 18 def

Today was mostly a challenge day, but I got these in for The Brigade!

• Like 3

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

lillucia, after hovering towards the back of the group momentarily, launches forward to an injured cmwanderin and begins standardised (NF) rescue first aid.

60 sec plank... it's not much, but it was after my workout so I was relatively pleased :)

Also, sorry so late to the party... read the new section yesterday at work and have barely had a moment to move/breathe/sleep since then.

• Like 4

LilLucia

Level 2 | Wood Elf, Assassin in training

DAI-GURREN BRIGADIER

STR: 4.1 | DEX: 1.37 | STA: 1.37 | CON: 8.55 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 1.0

The first rung of the ladder: Challenge #1

Maintaining the ground & my sanity: Challenge #2

“A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.†— Helen Keller

I'm a confused musician/writer/reader/introvert/nerd, in training to be an awesome wife/nurse/tutor/mom.

?: Is the defence points 1 per second or 1 per 10 seconds?

10 points for every 10 seconds. So I guess it could be viewed as one point per second, but I count it like this: if you do a plank for 35 seconds, I count it in 10's, so it'd be 30 points.

I don't know, the planks are kinda' screwy. I made them easier this time (compared to the last challenge, that is), because it looked like it wouldn't be possible to defend against the stronger foes we'll be facing in the future, without doing planks for hours (well, that's an over exaggeration, but you get the point). Plus, there was also the loophole of how healing worked the same as defending, so we could just tank our way through a battle with healing alone, so I changed that to make doing planks more important, and made it easier to defend as well.

Anyways, I'm rambling. What I'm trying to say is that since this is only the second challenge that this battle system has been in place, I'm still working out the kinks. Expect the plank's attributes to change over time, until I hit the sweet spot where it's not too hard, but still challenging :D

Kamina-oniisama, eeerr... I mean, Will-sama, is it too late to join the brigade? I've never roleplayed, but this looks like FUN, and I want in. please (I can wait for the next week's mini if needed be)?

It's never too late to join The Brigade!!! :triumphant:

Oh, and also...

Welcome to The Brigade, erosan!!!

Glad to have you here :)

And like I said before, feel free to join in with our battle this week; no need to wait :rapture:

Now let's get out there, and KICK SOME ASS!!! :triumphant:

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Plus, there was also the loophole of how healing worked the same as defending, so we could just tank our way through a battle with healing alone, so I changed that to make doing planks more important, and made it easier to defend as well.

To reiterate this point (since a clearer explanation came to mind just now), since healing can be done by doing any exercise (it's not limited to planks, like defending is), before it just made it more time effective to just do push-ups or something to heal (and continuously heal, rather than only heal to the max HP [which has been fixed]), rather than do planks to defend. That was an issue I noticed, that took away a real reason to do planks in the first place (since you could heal 3 times as much health in the time it took to defend).

So I changed things up :D

But it's still a work in progress (since this is the first time I've really done anything like this), so like I said before, expect patches and updates to the Battle System as we move along, to help it work better for everyone :pride:

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears