ChildofScorn's Best Year Ever

Challenge #1: Swim the English Channel

Progress: 308/726

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I didn't make it to 50%, but that's okay.  I've essentially stalled out, and have been advised to take 2 full days off to give myself a chance to recover.  And boy howdy, do I need to recover.  I've been riding my body too close to the edge for long enough that it's apparently decided to fight back :D I have to admit though, it's somewhat gratifying to know that it's just as contrary as I am ^_^ 

So! The plan is to stay out of the pool until Wednesday, and then get back to swimming, but no more than every other day, and stretching every day.  And try not to kill anyone during my Whole30.  

Oh yeah, I started a Whole30 yesterday with Loren.  :D  

• Like 2
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Good plan adjustment. Have fun with W30. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Okay, so those of you who know my backstory know that this past year has been a year of tremendous changes and upheavals in my life.  For those of you who are just tuning in, here's a brief summary: 

• changed college majors from Secondary Education - Biology to Business - IT Management
  • dealt with the final illness and eventual death of my last remaining grandparent
  • navigated not one but several cancer scares in my immediate family
  • started working a "real" job for the first time in a while
  • joined the YMCA
  • started to prepare for the final breakup and dissolution of my marriage
Both despite and because of each of these things, I've come to the conclusion that this year is going to be a good year.  Not that the planets will align and all of the cards will fall into place, but that I have DECIDED that this will be a good year.  I have it within me to make this happen if I want it badly enough, and finally something has started to kindle my desire again.  To that end, I've decided to set myself open-ended challenges that I'll be knocking out one by one.  I'm not going to set deadlines for these challenges, because I see them not as promises to be kept or broken, but skills to be acquired.  

So.  On to the first challenge!

-challenge-accepted_20120518112612.jpg

What a great mindset. I'll have to borrow this for myself.

• Like 1

Ohm Rider

Level 3 Hobbit Scout

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 8 | CON 7 | WIS 5 | CHA 6

Uber Quests: Ironman 70.3 in Norway / Ironman World Championship in Kona / Pacific Crest Trail

Next Step: Duathlon Oct 18

Run 2 miles w/o slowing

70%
70%

Bike 10 miles 

80%
80%

Progress: 346/726

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is up, NF dudes and dudettes! <3 It's been almost two weeks since i've updated this, because I'm a slacking slacker who's been slacking off entirely too much lately.  I have added another 38 laps to my total, but I'm not satisfied with that because I know I could have done so much more.  I've put the whole30 on hold for now due to stress and stomach issues, but I have decided that I need to start tracking again, or I'm going to lose all of the progress I've made so far.  More later once my head is clearer, i'm sure.  Until then, I love all your faces! <3

• Like 2

I have added another 38 laps to my total, but I'm not satisfied with that because I know I could have done so much more.

let's take a minute and reflect on this sentence.  i like this sentence.  you added 38, but that wasn't impressive enough for you.  

dkDonKt.gif

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

Progress: 446/726

So yeah.  Sorry about the two months (!!!!!!) between updates.  lol I'm puttering along pretty well, although I've definitely let life intrude onto my progress WAY more than I should have.  I did swim a couple of miles the other day, so that was something :D All told, I know i've put in more than 100 laps in the past two months, but I have neglected to record them, so the only ones i'm counting are the ones from the 2 miles onward.  But still, that puts me WELL over the halfway mark ^_^ so I'll take the win on that one.  

Love you guys! <3

• Like 2