ArmyMBM's Challenge

MMyers

Alright, this is my first 28 day challenge. Exciting kind of, I guess.

For my goals...

1. 50 Consecutive Push-Ups: Bare minimum for the Army, but it's a challenge for me... I can hit 8. Grease The Groove and weighted push-ups for me I guess. But, I should actually make and follow a plan, not like all the other times I actually make a plan.

2. 6 Chin-Ups: Required to be considered for Ranger School. I can hit 2 on a good day, which usually means plenty of sleep and a rest day the day before.

3. Lose 10 lbs: I know, I know... I should try to lose 10 lbs of fat, not muscle. But, I can't tell what I'm losing, and I'll hopefully be building muscle... 220 Pounds Starting

4. Make A Workout Plan: I'll post it tonight or tomorrow, and actually follow this one.

Oh, and I have been exercising lately, I just haven't posted in my workout log. Also, I've been working, at least three days a week now that school's out for summer. Like making excuses helps my case for being lazy about logging what I do, but whatever.

Good Luck To Everybody,

ArmyMBM, (Mike)

Sorry that I haven't posted the schedule yet. Working with my dad (Electrician) in a house being made for welfare recipients in a very bad neighborhood in a very bad town 20 minutes away. Homeless people have lived in here for a while, and they tore a good amount of stuff down. Better late than never I guess...

Sunday: Rest Day

Monday: HIIT

Tuesday: Calisthenics

Wednesday: Rest Day

Thursday: HIIT

Friday: Calisthenics

Saturday: HIIT

Will write everything down and update every few days so I don't bother everybody by doing it constantly. :lol:

218 Today, mostly water weight I think. (Very dusty in that house, 85, and humid. Sweating bullets all day.)

Pretty good day. Started working up to getting up earlier to exercise before the day begins, to avoid the mosquitoes. (They were already out today, though.)

In order:

1 X 2 Chin-Ups and 1 Negative

1 X 1 Chin

1 X 10 Push-Ups

1 X 1 Chin

Carried Cinder block in each hand for 30 feet

1 X 1 Chin (My eye started twitching really bad here)

Walk 400 Feet

1 X 2 Pull-Up Negatives

1 X 5 Diamond Push-Ups

Walk 400 Feet

1 X 2 Pull-Up Negatives

1 X 10 Push-Ups

Walk 400 Feet

1 X 10 Push-Ups

Done without break (unless you count the walking, but it technically is very light cardio :lol: ), no water breaks, and with boots on, which is great, because I could only do 1 chin-up fully rested with boots on. Also, even though I didn't do any type of ab training today, my stomach is still sore, probably from the chin-ups.

Hope everybody else did good today. :D

Every part of my arm, back and stomach is sore from yesterday. However, I stayed true to my plan and what I said earlier, as I got up around 5:45 this morning, and was outside and finished with HIIT by 6:05.

Unfortunately, I have to change my plan. This is the worst amount of soreness I've had in a long time, so I'm going to replace Grease The Groove with Rest Days. As I get more advanced, maybe I can do that on an odd day, but for now, just Calisthenics should be fine.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was down in Cape Cod, camping. It's in Massachusetts, about probably 45 minutes where I live, so it was a weekend thing. Couldn't exercise heavily, but I did a little hiking, and did about 7 miles of walking yesterday.

So, I caught up on reading. I'm halfway through Inside Delta Force, and to make it through Selection, you have to do a 40 Mile Ruck March. And after reading that, I decided I want to do it. I've been wanting to do it, but this has sealed the deal. So, my workout plan is pretty much out the window, which happens every time I try because I read something new. :lol:

I'm still aiming for the weight, push-ups, and chin-up goals, though. I just decided the plan was no longer valid. So, from now on, all plans will be at my discretion. A workout will be formulated, but it can't be a weekly thing like I've been trying. There's just too much to cover.

So, I am deciding to man up, and I hereby announce to make everyday feel like my last, because I aim to be part of a United States Army Special Operations Group.

I will train, not exercise.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines