Applying Pressure over Time Vol. I

Modest Manda

I’ve followed NF off and on for almost a year but this is my first challenge commitment! So here it goes for 2015!

Background: I am a 30 year old mom of 2, struggling to figure myself out enough to grow in a “healthy†way.  I used to consider myself a “country/farm†girl but now that I have a decent job/career established, I find myself behind a desk for what seems like the majority of my time. When I am not working behind the desk it seems as though I’m frantically trying to figure out how to provide nutritious meals to the husband and little people (one (the 4 year old child, has extensive medical demands including a high salt, high calorie diet! ugh!) and keep everyone happy. With extra help in 2014 I was able to successfully get my weight down to a healthier range, while also getting the 4 year old to maintain a good weight with HEALTHY food and keeping the other 2 family members relatively content. Now it’s time to keep building on that.  

Long Term Lifestyle Goal: I would still like to eventually loss another 20-30 lbs assuming that’s what it would take to get rid of some more of my belly bulge and have more engery and feel “STRONG†but want to be smart about it and will be focusing more on non-scale victories/activies along the way so I’m not putting an immediate deadline on this goal as long as I’m not noticing additional flab to squeeze into the clothes and I’m maintaining overall happiness.  I would also like to figure out some physically challenging activities that I can enjoy and grow old doing. 

Fall 2015 goal: I’ve committed to a 30 miles in 1 day rugged Hike in efforts to raise money to support medical research that could greatly benefit my family down the road. This hike is in September 2015 and scares me ALOT! But I think I can do and am starting to train NOW!

So now we have arrived at my 3 measurable goals for this 6 week challenge, that will get me closer to the goals above… 

1) Focus on Strength training three times a week. I have never really focused on “strength†before so will start with the body weight program for this challenge.  

2) Continue to progress through the Coach to 5k Program I started before Christmas. (Strength training and C25K work will be on alternating days) By the end of this challenge, I should be able to jog for a continuous 30 minutes and should have a good foundation established to start working on time and/or mileage goals by the next challenge.

3) Eat clean, consistently. I will do this by committing to plan meals WEEKLY so they are ready to go, easier on me and the family and more likely to be excuse proof. If I know what’s on the “menu†ahead of time I’ll have better luck avoiding the temptations at the office, grandmas, etc. that are around me ALL THE TIME! 

That’s the plan, here we go! *I will try to report in with weekly progress updates but will be significantly limiting my “technology usage†in hopes of better time management and focusing on goals.

oh and a note to self: be nice to ME...   :orange: 

post-28226-0-65055400-1420580544_thumb.j

31 years old; 5'4" 165 lbs; #Mom; #country living; #cystic fibrosis life; #40 hour/week desk job; #yogi in training

April 2015 Challenge - Facebook

Hey MM, I really like your goals - the desire to help yourself & others is pretty darn motivating! And starting NOW is the best you can do for anything!

The C25K program is quite good. I did it in last summer/fall and when I started, those 60 second jogs were so hard! And I really dreaded that first 20 minute run! It took more than 9 weeks but I made it & felt amazing... I need to start running again, but think I'll wait until the single-digit temperatures go away!

Good luck, I'll try not to bug you too much but look forward to your progress updates!

• Like 1

Level 0 // Adventurer // Current Challenge

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

-Teddy Roosevelt

Hello and Welcome to the Rebellion!

My name is Amdhiel and I’m an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I see that your challenge includes a few things that we Assassins enjoy and we’d love to help you crush your goals! 

If you want to gather some more information about the guild, stop buy the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements thread to find out what’s happening. If you want to find someone with similar interests, including body weight training, keep an eye out for the Assassins Phonebook.

If you want to get to know our crazy guild better or just ask a question stop by the Assassins' Den or the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread for Level 1’s and introduce yourself. We’re a friendly and supportive guild so don’t be shy about sending us messages or asking for help!

If you ever have any questions or need any help, please let me or any Assassin Ambassador know.  You can get in touch with me by posting in my challenge thread or by sending me a private message. 

The Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you from time to time to see how you’re doing. Remember that most successful path is one that includes plenty of support. You're an amazingly strong person and I know you can crush those goals!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

have perhaps tried substituting something else in to cover the sugar cravings?  I often find that a cup of tea with a tsp of honey helps tremendously on those days (and just a normal cup of tea i.e without honey the rest of the days, so it doesn't become a crutch).

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Rangers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I'm struggling... I REALLY need to figure out how to meal plan better. Workouts are going ok but I feel like they could be more effective if my nutrition was better but I just get so overwhelmed with it. It would help for me to have a structured plan with black/white guidelines but then I get bored with it and want options but I can't handle options because then I over think them WAY to much and then panic and end up giving into junk because I'm starving waiting for the healthy things to "appear". 

31 years old; 5'4" 165 lbs; #Mom; #country living; #cystic fibrosis life; #40 hour/week desk job; #yogi in training

April 2015 Challenge - Facebook

Let us know how you're doing. I try to do all my meal planning and prep my food over the weekend so I can just grab and go. You may want to try something like Whole30 where they give you a specific list of foods that you can eat and suggested recipes.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

And I love nomnompaleo.com as well.  Her iPad app has a whole month of meals.  

How's the challenge going??

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

The challenge is almost over and we haven't seen you in awhile - but I hope you're just too busy rocking it out there to post.  Remember - you don't have to be perfect, just a little bit better than the you of yesterday.  Hope you'll be back soon to wrap up with us!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire