Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I began the new routine today.  They say it takes like 20 to 30 some days to break old habits and to make new ones - I don't care what the exact numbers are, just as long as I get it into my routine.  So I'm going to try and log what it is I'm doing when I can remember.  Seeing it everyday hopefully will make me realize just how bad off I am and how desperately I need to do this!

Fasting Blood Sugar: 105

Water: 16 oz so far

Exercise: Walked 15 minutes - alternating minor incline

Food: I've only eaten when I've been hungry and I've made sure to cut what I do eat in half.  Type of food hasn't been great, but I have felt real hunger today which is the first time in a long time.

The quest continues....

Level 1 Blob Bard/Assassin

[sTR] 0; [DEX] 0; [CON] 1; [iNT] 1; [WIS] 1; CHA [1]

RACE: Human Blob

Past Challenges: FOLLOW THE STRUGGLE (Challenge #1)

Current Challenge:

Battle Log: FIELD JOURNAL/BATTLE LOG IS HERE

Accountabuddies/Guilds: The Practice Room - 2015|Bards Do It Best!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Today I find myself back from the underground.  I took 20 teenagers on a retreat from Thursday to Sunday and now I'm skipping school today to catch up on laundry and work that I still need to get done for the musical.  My eating wasn't as controlled because one of the parents was making it, and I didn't have the chance to exercise much because we were all in a cabin in single digit weather.

HOWEVER!

We did manage to get in a Nerf war on 3 floors that was capture the flag, so I did get some non-conventional exercise in.  So, technically, my grade for the past week on all goals would have been a C - but, it's better than the F I had been toting around before I even started the challenges.  Now to bump that challenge grade up to an A this week!

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I totally busted the end of the year like a true boss - got sick and just let things go to hell because I couldn't breathe from having pneumonia.  BUT I'M BACK!  I had lost about 25 pounds, but I've gained 5 back.  So I'm back at it.  I will join back up on the challenges at the end of January.  I have a LONG way to go, but I want to be one of those success stories.  Forty is looming in the distance and my goal is to take this last year of my 30's and get healthy. 

Here's to kicking it back into gear.

Current Challenge:

Sunday, January 24th, 2016

I'm not going to lie - I've taken a hard hit these past few months.  Life seems to be going to hell in a hand basket pretty quick.  On top of emotional pain and frustration, I got sick for a good 2 months, and then January hit.  Worst month ever, it seems.  Month my Dad died a few years ago, my aunt died this year, had to separate from a friend I didn't want to separate from.  I have a tendency to overshare in my life when I'm online, mostly because I feel like I'm really just typing to myself and no one is reading.

Alas, I'm and ENFP (look up MBTI if you don't know what this is) and I'm in a bad spot.  So instead of focusing on food as my escape, I must learn to let exercise be that escape.  I can listen to music, which is my passion, and I can focus on bettering myself for once.  It's a bit hard to do right now but I can do this.  I know I'm strong, and Mom always said I could do whatever I set my mind to.  Time to set my mind to this, right?  I want to be one of those people that have the before and after pictures that blows everyone's mind.

I know I can do this.  God, just give me the strength.

Time to try and sleep.  Signing off and hoping tomorrow looks better.

Current Challenge:

Monday, February 29th, 2016:

Time to start a challenge.  I logged in today and saw that today was the start day and figured - what the heck - it's time to get back into gear.  I'm battling sickness, depression, and issues that are beyond my control, but I know that when I walk in the morning, I feel a whole heck of a lot better about myself.  SO - 

My big thing is exercise.  I need to get up and get moving again.  And I need to work on my challenge for this 4 weeks.  I sit and think about things I need to do all day but I don't do anything.  I'm not sure why I can't get myself motivated and go.

Insert Shia LaBeouf's "Just Do It" videos....

Current Challenge: