Cromana recovers from holidays

cromana

Late start to the challenge but as per my usual I got sick around new year... Fever, aches and coughs since the 3rd. Anyways beginning to feel more human again now or Dwarven I should say!

Time to get this challenge rolling.

Last year was a major achievement for me in the weight loss department and I intend to keep it going. I've found a style of diet that suits me, although it has slipped over the last month for the festive season. I put 6lbs back on, then promptly lost them again as the fever took away my appetite complete for a few days so I am actually starting where i left off strangely enough. Once again, this is my long term goal and is tracked in my signature :)

Goal 1: Get my strength back

I confess to doing very little strength exercise over the holiday period. This goal is to get me back into that habit - 20 lunges, 20 squats, and 20 press-ups (against a desk or something).

Points allocation: up to 4 STR.

• 4 days a week: A
  • 3 days a week: B
  • 2 days a week: C
  • 1 day a week: D
  • 0 days a week:  F

Goal 2: Get my stamina back

Again, very little in the way of cardio over the holidays. As I haven't started driving to work yet because of being ill, I'm still unsure how much time in my week I'll have to fit stuff in, or money to go to the classes I wanted (like the local climbing wall). I may revise this goal later but til then I'll keep it manageable with 30 mins of cardio a week - be it dancing, combat workouts etc. Pass/Fail goal.

Points allocation: 4 STA.

• 30mins a week: A
  • less than that: F

Goal 3:

I had a 3rd goal, now I can't remember it. I'll come back and add it later when I'm not doped up on cough syrup...

Points allocation: 4 ###

Life Goal:

Do something fun, just for fun, once a week! (I'll also accept a planning or saving session towards a 'bigger' fun event).

Points allocation: 3 CHA.

• once a week: A
  • zero a week: F
  • Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

• STR 12, DEX 3, STA 10, CON 4, WIS 10, CHA 3

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4 (current)

Main Quest: Weight Loss - to get down to 10st, started August 2013 at 17st 1lb, current 14st 4lb

39%
39%

Good Stuff! Recovering from the holidays seems to be a common topic this time round ;)

It's definitely needed! Finally just about fully recovered from illness, just a really annoying cough left now. Just in time to start the challenge with week 2.

End of last week I did some proper driving and drove to work and back twice. Getting much more confident in the car now. This seems to have taken a huge pressure off my life, the major work is done, only one more tweak to the car to get it running perfectly, and need to discuss my hours with the boss man to try and avoid rush hour. I'm feeling a bit lost with half the stress cut from the working week and having time to myself again, this challenge is needed to get more focused and not just reacting to 'stuff'.

Goal 3: Get my diet back in line.

Before the xmas chaos I was eating mostly paleo during the week and keeping to a tight carlorie count. Time to get back on it. I need to ease back into the paleo thing as being ill screwed with my stomach. I had zero appetite for like a week and eating made me feel sick. The only thing I managed to eat without feeling sick was majority carbs - pizza, bread... So to avoid shocking my system I'm going to aim for 1 paleo meal a day to start. I also need to log my food daily even if I don't make my calorie limit. 

Points allocation: 4 CON

• 7 days a week: A
  • 6 days a week: B
  • 5 days a week: C
  • 3 day a week: D
  • 0 days a week:  F
  • Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

Main Quest: Weight Loss - to get down to 10st, started August 2013 at 17st 1lb, current 14st 4lb

39%
39%

Quick update from my day 1:

Strength stuff done.

Breakfast through lunch logged.

Gave myself a scare on the drive to work this morning with nasty traffic and needing to get hard on the breaks... lesson learned, leave more space...........

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Day 1; I did log all my food stuff on my phone app, 2 of my meals were paleo and I only overshot my calorie goal by 50 calories! Better start than I expected!

Onto day 2! 

Goal 1 - strength - I'm halfway through my daily squats etc to far and about to finish off the rest on my lunch break :)

Goal 2 - stamina - not planning to do this one until the weekend. I'm thinking swimming maybe...

Goal 3 - diet - breakfast and lunch are logged, and I'm on track for meeting my calorie goal for now. Lunch could be considered paleo if you ignore some cheese...

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Ah have I not updated since tuesday?? :o 

So far I'm on track with my strengthening stuff and diet goals. Managed to roughly keep to my calorie limit too! Lost another 1lb this week ^_^ great start to the new year!

Still need to fit in my cardio/stamina goal this weekend. And my life goal! Although I've been doing a lot of reading this week which I'm loving having time to do :D

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Week 2 (my week 1) Summary:

Goal 1: Get my strength back - 20 lunges, 20 squats, and 20 press-ups (against a desk or something).

I actually managed 5 days this week! Grade A

Goal 2: Get my stamina back - 30 mins of cardio a week - be it dancing, combat workouts etc. Pass/Fail goal.

Well I did a lot of walking around town on Saturday, a half hours equivolent of cardio I think. So I'll pass myself this week, and set a higher standard for next week though. Pass.

Goal 3: Get my diet back in line - 1 paleo meal a day. I also need to log my food daily even if I don't make my calorie limit. 

Logged my food for all 7 days, made my calorie limit for 6 days. And managed 1 or 2 paleo meals a day all week. Grade A

Life Goal - Do something fun, just for fun, once a week! (I'll also accept a planning or saving session towards a 'bigger' fun event).

Reading! Lots of reading! Ah it was great :D   Pass

Not a bad late start to the challenge, need to watch that cardio though and be a bit more energetic..

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Got all my strength stuff done yesterday, and logged my food and ate paleo too all 3 meals! Still feel like I'm adjusting to having time in the evenings again now I'm driving and not commuting by bus/train. Was really thinking about getting some cardio in last night but kept putting it off thinking "I need to get stuff ready for work, surely there's not time..."

Today I've had 2 paleo meals so far (breakfast and lunch) and done half my strength stuff.  Best hop to it to finish the rest!

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Yesterday:

Took a day off from the strength stuff. Still on track for my 4 days a week goal.

Did 10 mins combat cardio while waiting for some stuff to cook.

Logged my food, and ate 2 paleo meals, breakfast and lunch and made my daily calorie goal too.

Today:

Food logged so far going well, and 2 mostly paleo meals (I don't know if the sauce was paleo)

Strength stuff done for the day.

I need to think of something fun to do for my life goal this week!

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Week Summary:

Strength - I did all my squats/lunges/press-ups over 4 days during the week. It's proving easier to fall back into the habit than I expected which is a great realisation for me! Grade A

Stamina - I did a 10 min body combat Wednesday, and I'm just about to do another 20 min session so I won't grade myself until I've done it.

Diet - I've logged all my food throughout the week and mostly kept to my calorie limit as well. Friday and yesterday I ate out with friends and went well over my limit though. Falling back into my normal eating habits quickly though and breakfast during the work week is always paleo, as is lunch. Sometimes dinner is too. Grade A

Life Goal - fun! I arranged very last minute on Friday to meet up with a friend from my Wednesday night DnD group :) He was in my group last rotation but haven't really had chat time since the new games started and we are on different tables so I thought 'screw it' and invited him out. We went Saturday evening to a newly opened cafe/bar/lounge in town, had some amazing food and a milkshake and coffee and talked proper geek about our games, computer games, films and everything from 7pm-11pm ^_^ 

It was so great, doing something off the cuff, with great company just talking! This... this has reminded me exactly why I wanted to do this goal, this is what I've been missing for so long :)Grade A

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

So... sunday's extra 20mins of cardio didnt happen, only about 10mins so that week summary was a fail, Grade F.

Yesterday did the diet and strength goals for the day. Today also well on track for those. And life goal fun is this evening when I'm meeting up for dinner with an old work colleague for a good catch up and gossip.

Really need to figure out why I'm not making myself do the cardio stuff...

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

End of week summary.

Strength: I did my 4 days of squats etc during the work week, Grade A

Diet: still been logging my calories each day although not meeting my target as much. Paleo meals have been met 6/7 days, just not today where I've been eating left overs to clear the cupboard. Grade A

Life Goal: Fun this week came in the form of meeting an old work colleague for a lovely dinner and gossip which was great, Grade A

Stamina...: still not so great... I still have time today to get it in, and I want to, I just need to find something I can face doing today.

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Urgh I'm slacking. Haven't posted since Sunday :S

Diet so far this week I've logged all my calories and managed the paleo at least once a day which is the target, although I haven't managed my calorie goal all week.

Strength stuff I have 1 more day's worth to do so meeting that target so far.

Stamina. I was meant to go swimming with a friend on monday but she had to cancel last minute. I plan on going at the weekend but will see what happens.

Life goal, I've arranged to go out with another friend for coffee again saturday night at the new lounge restaurant we tried last time.

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

There's the last of this week's required squats lunges and pressups, phew! Still logging my food and having at least 1 paleo meal a day. Really need to tighten up on my calories though, I did manage my limit yesterday and going to try really hard to meet it today as well.

So I forced myself to go out Tuesday evening and chat with a friend. Seem to be slowly pulling out of my mental downturn at last. I had severe depression/anxiety years ago and it's like a constant battle to not go down that spiral again. Every few months it seems I catch myself starting down, putting stuff off because I don't feel like it turns into "I cant face it right now", then so quickly deteriorates into feeling nauseous and anxious at the thought of leaving the house; for absolutely no reason. It's always terrifying when I realize how much I let slip before I notice it and kick myself back onto a better path (like making mysel go out Tuesday). I never ever want to be how I was at my worst again. Just looking at this challenge I can see that I've been doing a half-arsed job of it so far. How did I not even notice or care til now?

Back into gear. Really need to get my head back in the game.

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

So last week;

Strength - yup I got my squats and stuff done for the week. Squats are getting easier, the lunges aren't threatening to kill my knees any more and I'm slowly getting used to more push ups :) Grade A

Cardio - I did a good chunk of walking on Tuesday and Saturday so I'm going to pass myself this week! It was a challenge to go out Tuesday so I'm happy that I did and followed it up with more Saturday. Pass

Diet - Calories logged all week, and only made my calorie limit one day that week but I wasn't as over it as previously. Usually having 2 paleo meals a day now during weekdays and 1 for a weekend. Grade A

Life goal - Coffee and nibbles at a Lounge/Bar/Cafe in town Saturday evening turned into pizza at a lovely restaurant because the lounge was so busy. But it was great! Lovely food, very thin pizza crust which was ideal, and I'd never been there before! Great fun! Pass

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Last week was my first week of A's/Passes across the board this challenge! At last!

So far this week I've already clocked up my cardio. I've started swimming again on a Monday evening with an old work mate and we usually do about 45mins to an hour swimming lengths. No idea how many I did this time but will count next week to monitor it I think :) my previous record was 40 lengths I think.

2 days of strength based stuff done as well, well I think I did the full set yesterday... I may have only done half. I will make it up just in case.

Calories logged and actively trying to keep within my normal limit this week even though it's not one of my goals. Managed it today and yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were paleo these two days.

Getting there!

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

So last week:

Stamina - clocked 45 mins of swimming so a definate pass: A

Strength - did 5 days of squats etc, another good week: A

Diet - still logging my food and a paleo meal a day at least. Getting better at my calorie limit too: A

Life Goal - family issues prevented me from doing much this weekend. but I did get to spend an hour sat outside with a book in startlingly warm weather so I'll take that as at least a partial win: A

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Challenge Summary

Only a 5 week challenge this time due to sickness at the start, and it didn't go as badly as I thought it was really!

Goal 1: Get my strength back

I confess to doing very little strength exercise over the holiday period. This goal is to get me back into that habit - 20 lunges, 20 squats, and 20 press-ups (against a desk or something). Points allocation: up to 4 STR.

All 5 weeks got A's : full 4 STR reward!

Goal 2: Get my stamina back

Again, very little in the way of cardio over the holidays. As I haven't started driving to work yet because of being ill, I'm still unsure how much time in my week I'll have to fit stuff in, or money to go to the classes I wanted (like the local climbing wall). I may revise this goal later but til then I'll keep it manageable with 30 mins of cardio a week - be it dancing, combat workouts etc. Pass/Fail goal.

Points allocation: 4 STA.

3/5 weeks got A's not as many as I wanted although it was getting easier these last couple : 50% = 2 STA reward though this round.

Goal 3: Get my diet back in line.

Before the xmas chaos I was eating mostly paleo during the week and keeping to a tight carlorie count. Time to get back on it. I need to ease back into the paleo thing as being ill screwed with my stomach. I had zero appetite for like a week and eating made me feel sick. The only thing I managed to eat without feeling sick was majority carbs - pizza, bread... So to avoid shocking my system I'm going to aim for 1 paleo meal a day to start. I also need to log my food daily even if I don't make my calorie limit. 

Points allocation: 4 CON

All 5 weeks got A's although I could have done better on meeting my calorie limit : enough for the 4 CON reward though this round.

Life Goal:

Do something fun, just for fun, once a week! (I'll also accept a planning or saving session towards a 'bigger' fun event).

Points allocation: 3 CHA.

It is probably cheating to have fun as a goal but I managed it :) Also got to try some nice new restaurants too! : 3 CHA reward

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%