Pacha Tisai IS BACK...

PachaTisai

The app is definitely useful. Just make sure you double check that nutrition information is actually entered. I was adding stuff to my meals and realizing later that the nutrition was n/a or 0s all the way across.... woops!

Welcome to week 3! Glad to see you picking up some steam again and getting back into a routine! Looking forward to hearing how the coming weeks go!

Plus, server fire. Ouch. Someone had a long weekend... D:

• Like 1

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Workout today left me zapped.  I wanted to do the full 5x5 today, adding in the deadlift, but my wrist has been really sore the past two days, so I skipped OHP today...

Upped all my weights, though, so there's that...Also, lowered the assistance on the pullups.  Those were hard...

Squat: 5/5/140

Bent Over Row: 5/5/90

Deadlift: 5/5/135

Bench: 5/5/90

Pullups: 4/5 Assisted -- Wanted to do 4/10 again, but significantly lowered the assistance, and couldn't get through a set of more than 5...next time!!

So, I have a question for you guys...I am starting to get bad calluses on my hands from lifting.  Not sure if its a form issue, or just years of sitting at a keyboard have my hands too "soft".  Either way, I don't necessarily mind the calluses, but they hurt.  Any suggestions for a cream or lotion that will help with that?

Also, I have no idea what I want to do for lunch.  Last night was hectic with a Scout meeting, so we ate out (semi healthy...it fit my macros), which means no leftovers for lunch...This is a problem, because I'm hungry, and I don't want to eat crap.  

• Like 1

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

Couple things!

One: The callouses get better (or rather tougher) as you go.  To keep them from hurting incessantly, every once in awhile, when you're in the shower, file them down with one of those brushes that you can buy for the rough patches on your feet.  I use the metal bit, then the black side to polish off.  That way they don't get too huge and burst on you (talk about pain).  My favorite cream for after is either Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream or Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion.  After awhile once your hands have normed to this the callouses won't really hurt much as long as you keep them filed down etc.

Two: As far as I know from all my research, common wisdom about deadlift is that once it's heavy, you are better off doing warm-up sets and then a 1x5, not a 5x5 at your working weight.  It should be lower volume than your other lifts.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Also, I have no idea what I want to do for lunch.  Last night was hectic with a Scout meeting, so we ate out (semi healthy...it fit my macros), which means no leftovers for lunch...This is a problem, because I'm hungry, and I don't want to eat crap.  

Um.... If you have a panera nearby they have healthy options. If you have to room in your calorie budget, their cobb salad is nice. Otherwise they recently added a bunch of super healthy options called their 'power menu'.

Another option would be something Chipolte like... it all depends on what's near you and what you like...

One: The callouses get better (or rather tougher) as you go.  To keep them from hurting incessantly, every once in awhile, when you're in the shower, file them down with one of those brushes that you can buy for the rough patches on your feet.  I use the metal bit, then the black side to polish off.  That way they don't get too huge and burst on you (talk about pain).  My favorite cream for after is either Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream or Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion.  After awhile once your hands have normed to this the callouses won't really hurt much as long as you keep them filed down etc.

This will be useful info!! My hands are still pretty soft and slowly developing callouses...

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Um.... If you have a panera nearby they have healthy options. If you have to room in your calorie budget, their cobb salad is nice. Otherwise they recently added a bunch of super healthy options called their 'power menu'.

Another option would be something Chipolte like... it all depends on what's near you and what you like...

This will be useful info!! My hands are still pretty soft and slowly developing callouses...

I think we are "protein loading" at lunch today.  My fave smokehouse just tweeted that their brisket is on special today, and after lifting, I want a bit extra protein in my diet.  Plus...NO CARBS!!

We have Panera all over the place, except here, its called St. Louis Bread Company.  Because this is where Panera started...and they kept the original name in STL...

• Like 2

This morning started off well.  Got up and made leftover taco meat omelettes for breakfast.  My son responded with "Dad, these are amazing!".  My plan to slowly work him towards chorizo is progressing nicely :)

Got to work, and someone brought in bagels and doughnuts for a co-worker's birthday.  BLEGH!  Glad I had breakfast before I got here.  BUT, they also brought in fresh -- not the free crap they give us in the snack hall -- coffee from St. Louis-NOT-PANERA-Bread Co.

Good yet free coffee makes me smile :)  

Since I had my boy this morning, cardio will need to wait until this evening, but I have wall-balls, box jumps, lunges, and kettlebell swings in my future.

• Like 3

Gah...not a great start to the week.  Somehow, either clumsiness or sleepiness, I fell down my stairs yesterday morning and tweaked my ankle.  I don't think its sprained or twisted or anything like that.  I think I smacked it on the railing.  BUT, it hurts.  Moreso today than yesterday.  I skipped the workout yesterday to make sure it wasn't a sprain since its hard to squat/press/row without a stable base.  I'm going to get in my cardio this evening, but its likely going to be rowing, since my ankle is still quite sore.  Hopefully, the mix of advil and rest will let it feel well enough tomorrow to lift.

Here is where I am to date:

Track the Food: A -- This has been easier than I remember.  the first challenge, it was a chore to go in and track everything.  Not so much this time around...

Be strong: A -- This is just for last week.  I'll take off the point for missing yesterday with the next wrap up

Cardio : A -- Gack...I really don't like doing cardio.  I need to find a more fun way to do it.  COME ON SPRING!!!

• Like 2

Got my workout in yesterday, and then the day went downhill.  Work is really stressful right now, so didn't get a chance to post yesterday, or much today.  Figured I would log in and getm y workout from eysterday up, though.  Tomorrow is work from home, so hopefully it goes better...

Squat: 5/5/140

Bench: 5/5/95

Over head press: 5/5/65

Bent over row: 5/5/90

Pullups: 4/8/Assisted

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'll be on more tomorrow.

• Like 2

*poke*  Hi, FitBit buddy!!!  Sorry about your ankle!!  Is it better today??

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Ugh...Super Bowl Sunday (hell, the whole weekend) is a blur.  Too much food and beer....

But, good news, I'm all healed!!

Good workout this morning: 

Squat: 5/5/145

OHP: 5/5/75

BOR: 5/5/95

Bench: 5/5/95

Pullups: 5/5/Assisted.

Moved the pin up two plates on the pullups today!  Making real progress towards that first unassisted pull up.  Someday, I will catch that white whale!

Moby-RareDJSet.jpg

Oops...wrong Moby...

Moby-Dick.jpg

That's better...

I caught Steve's article about the 30 days of selfishness, and it got me thinking about how often I put other things ahead of my fitness.  Like this past weekend.  I had two parties (Cards Against Humanity on Saturday, and some sporting event Sunday), and I allowed myself to reason away why I could eat like I used to.  So, for the next 30 days, I'm not allowing anything to come before my fitness.  That includes getting stuck at work and having to visit the dreaded cafeteria for lunch.  Did well today, though, and got tilapia.  Would have rather had salmon, but the cafeteria isn't exactly Mesa Grill...

Last week, I'm only giving myself a B for the workouts.  Missing that one isn't so bad, but I have to stop reasoning away why it shouldn't count against me.  Everything else was an A, though, so I'm still happy with things.  

Track the food: A.  Yes, I had to go back in and add Saturday and Sunday after the fact, but I took pictures of everything I ate, which made it easier.

Be Strong: B.  Missed a day due to injury.  Not mad at myself, but like I said, I can't make excuses...

Cardio:  A.  That said, I still don't like doing cardio.  Hoping for warmer weather so I can do sprints up the hill by the lake.  I feel like a hamster on the treadmill/eliptical/rowing machine.  

• Like 3

Welcome back!  Glad the ankle is better.

I've definitely found self-justifications to be a slippery slope...... good luck with your 30 days of selfishness!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

WB!! Glad to hear you're feeling better. I find that there are some aspects of putting myself first that I'm really good at and others where I fail miserably. I also struggle with giving myself easy outs way too often. Can't wait to see with how you do in putting yourself first :D.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins