What's your biggest obstacle to stay on track?

I have absolutely no problem getting my ass to the gym. The problem lies in not being patient enough to do one program consistently. My all-time record is doing StrongLifts for 8 months. Now I'm on my 4th month of the Iron Sport Strength Method which seems to be flexible enough to allow many types of training while still utilizing the same program so I think I'll stick to this for a while.

I have trouble with getting bored with programs, too. Now that I'm doing bodyweight progressions, I get to do new things on a regular basis, and if I get tired of my current set, I can switch it up with some similar exercises. I think I can stick with this for a while now. Glad you found a lifting-related program that allows similar flexibility. :)

I also struggle with sleep. This upcoming challenge, I'm going to try to focus on establishing and keeping a regular sleep schedule, waking early enough to do stuff in the morning if I want to. My night owl habits are rebelling, but I know now that things would be better if I could change that aspect of myself, so I'm trying.

I have trouble with getting bored with programs, too. Now that I'm doing bodyweight progressions, I get to do new things on a regular basis, and if I get tired of my current set, I can switch it up with some similar exercises. I think I can stick with this for a while now. Glad you found a lifting-related program that allows similar flexibility. :)

I also struggle with sleep. This upcoming challenge, I'm going to try to focus on establishing and keeping a regular sleep schedule, waking early enough to do stuff in the morning if I want to. My night owl habits are rebelling, but I know now that things would be better if I could change that aspect of myself, so I'm trying.

Iron Sport's program was the answer for me because it allows me to work according to my daily energy levels and condition instead of a fixed percentage. Also I check the assistance exercises every month to hit my weak spots better :P I wish I could have a regular sleeping pattern. I work as an 24h on-call corpse retriever from Monday to Friday and as a bouncer during the weekends. Not much space for a regular uninterrupted sleep pattern.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

I have absolutely no problem getting my ass to the gym. The problem lies in not being patient enough to do one program consistently. My all-time record is doing StrongLifts for 8 months. Now I'm on my 4th month of the Iron Sport Strength Method which seems to be flexible enough to allow many types of training while still utilizing the same program so I think I'll stick to this for a while.

I do strong lifts too. I like the way it's designed, so that eventually you have to find a different program. Like you I have trouble focusing on one plan. I want to do all the things!

My social life. If I go out to see people it inevitably ends in late night cocktails.

If I don't go see people I get sad and depressed and can't be bothered doing anything.

So far my solution has been to suggest things like, let's all go for a walk in Central Park, or visit the yarn/fabric store or how about you come over for dinner at my place.

I also have an alarm set for 8.30 to tell me to take melatonin/zma which help me get to sleep around 11 instead of suddenly realizing it's 2am and im not remotely prepared for bed.

Level 0 Human Recruit

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Goal: Loose 40lbs

10%
10%

Secondary Goal: Squat my bodyweight

32%
32%

First Challenge

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. ~ Henry David Thoreau.

I do lift incrementally. But I get up into the 300s and start thinking "I'm not sure I can do this". I look at my log and make myself realize that it's only 2.5# more than last time. It still doesn't always help.

Fascinating.  Do you workout with a partner or someone who can coax you into that next set?

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

I workout by myself, which is part of the issue in my thoughts, too. I'm at a Gold's and do talk to people there, but don't have a workout partner anymore. They both moved to other cities and either go to a different Gold's or elsewhere.

I did end up adjusting my workout for now and am stil making strength progress. Some weeks, though, it's just harder to overcome that voice in my mind and to pin it to the wall.

To be honest, one of the reasons I'm happy I found this forum is to find like-minded people to share my successes and failures with.

I know I'm late to the game, but I thought I'd chime in. I'm super motivated, strong willed, and focused. But, like everyone, I get tripped up every once in a while. My biggest obstacle? Sweets.

I love sweets. Chocolate, soda, candy, pie, cake, etc. Love em.

What I do when I want sweets is just do an IIFYM day. I'll eat nothing but protein all day long, then at night pig out on carbs and fat. As long as I get my protein and don't go over my calories, I'm all good.

Bulkin' like a Vulcan. Lift strong and prosper.

Daily Gains Fitness

This is an important question as when you start or think of staring any fitness program then you have lot enthusiasm and motivation but the real game begins when you start doing it. There are always chance that after some time you feel demotivated as same happened with me. I used to feel tired and used to look for instant results. I tried using best supplement for muscle growth so that I can continue but it all needs your efforts and patience. 

This is an important question as when you start or think of staring any fitness program then you have lot enthusiasm and motivation but the real game begins when you start doing it. There are always chance that after some time you feel demotivated as same happened with me. I used to feel tired and used to look for instant results. I tried using best supplement for muscle growth so that I can continue but it all needs your efforts and patience. 

Marketing bullshit products like that, not cool.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

Interesting. Please tell me about this "best supplement for muscle growth." You see, it's my understanding that all HGH boosting supplements are complete and utter bull$*#t. So, tell me, why is this one different?

Bulkin' like a Vulcan. Lift strong and prosper.

Daily Gains Fitness

Life. Work schedule- most days I leave my house between 7 and 8 and don't come home until 10-12. Mix that with being a very involved stepmom (my 6yo is home with us 4/7 days), trying to cook and clean..it gets rough. A lot of times I find myself trading my need to sleep with my need to work out. My diet is very good, but I'm pretty sure the reason I've reached a plateau is bc I need to get my workouts in. That's why I'm here at NF..to use the challenges to motivate me to get those workouts in!!

🌀🌀💣

Recently I realized that my biggest obstacle is stress!

When something freaks me out, everything seems to go wrong, and I just mess it up. I get back to training, and I hurt myself, which makes me feel miserable.

And then I make more resolutions and never complete them, because I am hurt, and sad, and generally stressed.

In the end, I sneak into McDonalds... If I could cope with stress from the start, it would never go that far!

My biggest obstacle is that I don't feel good after a work out. Like you guys all satisfied and all. I have something like meh. And the burgers, I love the burgers. And the drinks :P

I am a hopeless case.

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

its food .... its always food 

how many times have I seen someone post ... just have a slice of pizza, or a bit of KFC, you don't need to eat a whole bucket .... well yes you don't need to, but damn it I enjoy pigging out. ... I want ... I WANT to eat a 12 piece bucket of fried chicken with 4 fries and ultras of coke .. oh and that gravy ...... I am only 78kgs .... but I can easily and enjoyably eat a family feast ... and more to that I WANT to eat a family feast.

damn feaking fas loss and want for defined, vascular muscles ... grrrrr

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge