Faking being a nerd to lose weight with your support :)

Quirkyself

Hi all,

Joining late as usual and after a hiatus, but I am here.  I read all your posts and feel lame for not being nerdy enough to get what half of you are talking about, but that's okay.  I'm not going to pretend to be nerdy anymore - really what I am is a goodie-goodie and that is just not the same as a nerd... anyhow.

I've tried the SMART goals and often they tend to fall apart on me because they are too detailed, so here is my simple plan that I hope to accomplish with your support:

1) Make time to go to Curves - ideally 3 times a week

2) Eat clean, no treats that are not made of clean ingredients, limit carbs like bread, crackers and cereal.  Eat more protein and vegetables.

3) Love myself in the process.  

4) Be active with my family and enjoy the journey

Feel free to ping me with healthy recipe ideas, tell me you went to the gym and ask me if I made it, wonder what I did with the kids this week... I really like the love, so feel free to pass it on to me.

I'm 100 pounds overweight and hope to slowly shed some of that, so I feel happier and healthier and can live a long life with my family!  

• Like 1

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Love the way you set up your goals to help you succeed!

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Basically everyone is a nerd/geek of something. Even those "jocks", get them on the subject of that one sport they really like and they'll end up telling you about blahblahblah won blahblahblah back in some year. Nerds are still seen as just those guys, who like D&D and comic books, but the types of geeks list is growing by the day.

I beat you could tell me all about something I have not much knowledge. Possible even few days straight worth about that thing.

geek-type-chart-e1367885209415.jpg?874fb

• Like 5

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Okay, so this is really day 1 for me.  I got groceries last night and bought veggies for salads and lots of fruit and proteins.  I refrained from any snacks I know I like, even if I say I really buy them for my kids and then end up eating them mostly myself.  I allowed myself to sleep in as I was so tired after the first week back to school (I teach Grade 6) and I'm sitting here with a  bowl of yogurt, banana, natural PB and chia seeds.  Once I am digested I will head off to Curves for the first time this year.

I weighed myself this morning and I am officially the most I have ever weighed.  I had to adjust my little ticker tape at the bottom, as I have gained the 10 pounds I lost last year back :(  I am going to weight in at Curves this morning as well and that comes with a full measurement job.  I am also going to make a weight loss graph, so I have a visual of how I am doing.  

Supper tonight is fajitas and weather is great, so hoping to get a family snowshoe in tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2

Quirkyself OUT!

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Basically everyone is a nerd/geek of something. Even those "jocks", get them on the subject of that one sport they really like and they'll end up telling you about blahblahblah won blahblahblah back in some year. Nerds are still seen as just those guys, who like D&D and comic books, but the types of geeks list is growing by the day.

I beat you could tell me all about something I have not much knowledge. Possible even few days straight worth about that thing.

If that is the definition of a nerd, then I guess I could likely teach you a thing or two about scrapbooking or of course teaching Grade 6 ;)

Quirkyself OUT!

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

I made it to Curves and it felt really good, but man am I out of shape.  The last few stations I was just going through the motions, but I guess that means I did a good job at the previous stations.  I got my measurements, too and so in a month will have a good idea of how I am improving.  They do arms, bust, hips, thighs and all so that will help keep me motivated. 

Going to have a bath now and think about my goals and the week ahead :)

• Like 2

Quirkyself OUT!

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

If that is the definition of a nerd, then I guess I could likely teach you a thing or two about scrapbooking or of course teaching Grade 6 ;)

I'm very clueless with scrapbooking. All I know is there's photos and huge section in the art store devolved to it.

And I don't remember much of what I've learn in 6th grade. I think that might of been the year we did the Greek agora.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I have been in the "100+ to lose" club, and know how that hurdle looks, so you have my empathy.  Your goals sound good, and I, too, like your #3, as all too often we forget about it.  Like kaelvan said... just be a nerd about what YOU love and you will fit right in.  Glad to have you join us!

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

I agree, everyone is a nerd about something. It's that thing you love that you get super excited about. You try to talk to people and get them just as excited and a lot of them kind of glaze over. You might have a Pinterest page about it---or your bathroom decor may be inspired by it. Nerds come in many forms :)

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Hi.  Love your challenge, especially goal 3.  Though that may be the most difficult one of all.  But we're all totally here for you.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Off to Curves again today and followed up by getting groceries at Farmboy - some more veggies and fruit.  Seems I already had a lot of berries in the fridge, so I guess berry salad for dessert tonight.

Played volleyball at open gym with my family last night, too.  Could feel my knee a bit doing that, but it was good for me.  I start coaching Grade 4-6 volleyball next week, so will need to be on the move then.

I'm not sure I mentioned that I am signed up to do the Polar Race.  Yeah, it was my present to my husband, Quirky DM, for Christmas.  Not sure what I have got myself into.  We are going to walk it, as he is injured and I can't run anymore, but it should be a good adventure day, although I don't think about it that way when I am thinking of it.  When I think of it, I usually picture myself like a contestant on The Biggest Loser - hands on my knees, huffing and puffing, feeling like I want to cry... so I hope it isn't that bad.  In the end I hope it reminds me of how a good adventure feels and makes me want to do more of them.  

• Like 3

Quirkyself OUT!

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Made it to Curves again, not sure if you all know what that is, but basically it is a set of hydraulic machines set up as stations.  You work most of your muscles as you go through the various machines.  30 seconds on each machine and in between each machine is a 30 second rest/cardio mat - you can recover if you need to before next machine and walk on the spot or like many of the women do, they do cardio moves of some sort.  Jillian Michaels is also hooked up with Curves now, so if I go at the right time, they have her on a video screen and she shows you what to do on your cardio station.  It's nice because she shows the regular way and then a way for those of us who need lower impact.  Anyhow, I changed things up a bit yesterday and when I was on my cardio stations I got down on the floor mats and did abs for the entire second rotation.  

I've logged into MyFitnessPal 5 days in a row now and was under my goal yesterday :)  

Didn't get to Curves this afternoon as a work meeting took longer than I expected, but I've decided do go Mon/Wed/Fri and if I miss one, then I have to go on the weekend mornings to make it up.  So Saturday morning I will have to go now - that's okay.  I see different people when I go at different times and learn some different moves for the cardio spots.  

Quirkyself OUT!

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Great progress so far.  When is that Polar Race you are doing?  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

The Polar Hero Race is a 5 km run in the snow with obstacles.  This one is a stadium edition being done at our Football stadium, so likely lots of stairs.  I didn't realize that when I signed up, because I have bad knees, but it sounds very casual for a race and the organizer said that I can do a different obstacle twice, say the pledge instead or even have my husband do my extra set for me?  So, will have to play it by ear and see how it goes.  But it gives me something to workout for.   

• Like 1

Quirkyself OUT!

Pounds lost:

2%
2%