CapN's Challenge

This month I want to stick to Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint as closely as possible. I have been following it pretty closely the last month and a half, but there are a few things that I want to focus on.

Primal Blueprint law #1: Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.

I want to eat as cleanly as possible -- good protein, healthy fats, and plenty of vegetables; while continuing to avoid grains and starchy vegetables. I have been pretty good about this, so this should not be too much of a problem.

Law #2: Move slowly. I have been pretty good about this most mornings, so I want to make sure that I stick to this.

Law #3: Lift Heavy Things. I want to have at least 2, hopefully 3, intense strength training sessions each week. I haven't been lifting with intensity recently, only going through the motions. I need to re-invigorate my workouts.

Law #9: Avoid Poisonous Things. I am going to quit smoking. I have had this goal on my list for the last couple of challenges, and it is still on the list. This is really bothering me. I need to remove this one from future lists.

I will also follow the rest of the PB laws, but these are the ones that are most important to me at this time.

Starting weight: 248. I would like to loose 8 pounds this month.

If you have the money, and no bad psychological history, I can't recommend Chantix enough.

When considering the cost, put the $150 prescription cost (each; I went through 1.5) in terms of packs, and days. That's the cost a month of smoking roughly - the last month's worth you'll spend on cigarettes for the rest of your life!

Good luck!

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

I've got to update this more often. I have been way to busy at work to mess around on the interwebs, and by the time I have gotten home and food in my belly, I am too sleepy to do any posting.

I am still in this, however, and I have been keeping up with my morning exercise routine. Haven't had great workouts, but I got them in. This weekend, I should be able to get in some good workouts with the extra day off from work.

I have been eating great, though. Very compliant to the primal blueprint.

Did have a milestone weigh in this week. I dropped below 245, which means 50 pounds lost since January 3!!

I can't believe that this challenge is almost over already. I didn't do too well updating this, but I was keeping up on diet and exercise. Unfortunately, I have been smoking like a diesel the last week. Way too stressed out at work, which really sucks.

I did weigh in this morning at 239.6 pounds, so I met that part of the challenge!! It has got to be at least 6 or 7 years since I was this small!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines