New Year... New JOB! (halfling office drone)

I think this is my third challenge, however, I was laid off in November from my job of 12 years and have REALLY been back sliding. I've not been to the box or the yoga studio (despite having memberships to both) in 2 months. I've consumed cases of wine and processed crap (not just the ordinary holiday crap). 

This is where I turn it around. I will eat better, get back to exercising (I'm unemployed, I've the time, you know?) and find a JOB. No more wallowing in self pity, with a wine glass, and the TV remote!

Routine:

Failing to plan is planning to fail, yeah? Routine is KEY to getting things turned around. Resulting in dedicated job search time, exercise time and general get my crap together time. 

Wake at 0630 daily 

Job search activities 5hrs daily M-F optional 2-4hr on the weekend

CrossFit Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

Yoga Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday minimum, optional Tuesday and Thursday

Friday is rest day and date night

Bed by 2130 daily

Handstand:

Last year I resolved to do a handstand every day, but like so many resolutions, it was forgotten in late January. Not this year! This year my goal is a freestanding 30second hold. As an initial step, I will do as many handstands against the wall as necessary to accumulate a 1 minute hold EVERYDAY throughout the challenge. I can currently hold about 30 seconds, so that's 4ish handstands a day. 

Nutrition:

I'm generally paleo (last two months aside) and ALWAYs gluten free (celiac).  :playful: I will dial it in.

Macros: Generally 30/30/40 protein/carb/fat as long as I hit 130 for protein and do not exceed 100 for carb, I'm good. Track with the LoseIt app calories set to my TDEE assuming a moderately active lifestyle

Wine: No more than 1 glass per night not to exceed 1 bottle per week. 

Water: Minimum 64oz per day

• Like 2

Level 2 Ranger

CON 4 I WIS .75 I STA 1 I STR 4.5 I DEX 1 I CHA 2.5 

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Current Challenge

Right, so I posted my goals today, BUT i've been working them all week, (I promise!)

Routine:

Getting up at 630 hasn't really happened, the alarm goes off, but I haven't really been hitting the snooze a few time. However, since I have gotten up by 700 each day, I'll take is a win. Close is better than sleeping all day. The job hunt has now really begun. I have done pretty good dedicating time to it. I blew off Tuesday for errands, but I'll put in the time Saturday to make up.

I've gone to both the box and the studio twice each. Seems people missed me.  Not enough to call, but enough to notice that I'd been gone a while.   :playful:

I'm having a bit of difficulty hitting the 130g protein. 3day average is only 87g. Will need to add protein powder to the mix. Only one single glass of wine so far. 

Handstands,  daily, check! 

• Like 2

Level 2 Ranger

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Current Challenge

I was told by a wise person that 90% of our happiness and 90% of our misery is in our own hands. We can choose to be happy or chose to be miserable. Its up to us. Good on you for choosing happiness for 2015! Best of luck on your goals!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I feel your pain about the getting up on time thing. Maybe you could set the alarm for *even earlier*? That way you can snooze it a couple of times and still get up on time (this is what I've had to do!)

Congrats on reducing the wine consumption! I find that the longer you don't drink it the easier it gets not to drink it.

Protein - can you precook chicken breast pieces at the start of the week and just grab a couple to snack on during the day? (Apologies if you don't eat meat!) I find that cottage cheese is pretty useful in terms of protein if you don't want to resort to meat or nuts.

Half-Elf Bard, Level 6 Ranger. (Or possibly a Druid?)

We're not aiming for perfection, just progress.

Battle log: Sulinar's challenging 2017

Alright, so it's been about 12 days since my last post.... not good, where is the embarrassed emoticon?

Goals:

Routine: Waking up/going to bed as scheduled, mostly doing the job search thing, but it's depressing. There is literally NOTHING in my field within a 100 mile radius. But, I've been looking daily and working the resume and what not most days not the full 5 hours though. On a related note, I've an audition next week for work as a yoga teacher, not ideal, but hopefully stress reducing and it will generate some spending money. Crossfit Tuesday/Thursday has been solid, but I've not made a single Saturday and I've only gotten in a 6 yoga classes over the 12 days, not ideal. I give myself 1/2 credit on this goal. 

Handstand: I've been doing it daily. I even got about 5 seconds away from the wall the other day. I've not been able to replicate it though, so maybe just a lucky fluke. Full credit

Nutrition: I've been averaging good numbers for the week, but somedays are way over on carbs and or low protein. I think I need to work  bit harder here. I may take the chicken idea that Sulinar suggest. Sounds reasonable, aside from the fact that reheated chicken is a bit gross. Protein powder isn't much better, though. Water consumption has been good, no problem there. Wine, 2.5 bottles in 12 days and one of those was consumed in a single day. So while much improved, not reaching the goal yet. 75% on this one. 

Guess that means 75% overall. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ranger

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Current Challenge

Alright, so it's been about 12 days since my last post.... not good, where is the embarrassed emoticon?

I think that is this one:  :redface-new:  Or, I suppose you could use this one:  :nevreness:

Goals:

Routine: Waking up/going to bed as scheduled, mostly doing the job search thing, but it's depressing. There is literally NOTHING in my field within a 100 mile radius. But, I've been looking daily and working the resume and what not most days not the full 5 hours though. On a related note, I've an audition next week for work as a yoga teacher, not ideal, but hopefully stress reducing and it will generate some spending money. Crossfit Tuesday/Thursday has been solid, but I've not made a single Saturday and I've only gotten in a 6 yoga classes over the 12 days, not ideal. I give myself 1/2 credit on this goal.

I know it ain't easy, but hang tough on the job search. These things can take time. If I may ask, what is your job field?

Handstand: I've been doing it daily. I even got about 5 seconds away from the wall the other day. I've not been able to replicate it though, so maybe just a lucky fluke. Full credit

Well done! 

Nutrition: I've been averaging good numbers for the week, but somedays are way over on carbs and or low protein. I think I need to work  bit harder here. I may take the chicken idea that Sulinar suggest. Sounds reasonable, aside from the fact that reheated chicken is a bit gross. Protein powder isn't much better, though. Water consumption has been good, no problem there. Wine, 2.5 bottles in 12 days and one of those was consumed in a single day. So while much improved, not reaching the goal yet. 75% on this one.

How do you feel about dairy? Cottage cheese packs a lot of protein into just 4 oz. Otherwise, there's canned tuna and salmon. Both cheap, non-perishable, portable and most of it is wild caught instead of farm raised. 

Guess that means 75% overall.

Nicely done. That's a good start to this challenge.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

If you have some extra time, I would recommend reading Spartan Up.  I also have struggled with getting the day going but reading that book has motivated me to get up and work out.  Keep it up on the job search!  Something will turn up.

Spartan Assassin: Level 15

STR31   DEX26   STA27  CON25   WIS28   CHA23