Weight Loss Squad: Part Deux

aidanpryde

I need a reboot. ugh. I also need for this sickness to let go already. I don't usually stay sick for this long. I had a good workout today. Legs were toast at the end. I wish I loved eating healthy food as much as I love lifting weights. I'm gonna stop here, cause I'm in a strange mood today. I think bed, and new day tomorrow are in order. Glad to hear all the positive results. :)

Last week i finished pretty strong. Managed to do my TM circuit 3x and rode my bike to work once (6 miles round trip)

This week has not started off as good. Ate well but not perfect over the weekend, avoided *most* of the candy and cake from my daughters birthday party and halloween but haven't had much chance to workout. Monday i had to work on halloween costumes after work so no chance to workout, then yesterday i woke up an hour and a half late for work and had to stay late, but i did ride my bike to pick up my daughter from daycare (6 miles) so I at least got that in. and i rode to work today! Eating hasn't been too bad this week. it hasn't been perfectly in line with my plan, but not crappy food either!

Through all the insanity though i have managed to catch up on some artwork that i have wanted to do. I've been teaching myself to sew these messenger bags and would really like to get to a point of being able to sell them, so my goal is to get enough done to start that process. I've gotten my website started, and business card made so that's a start!

I was at the water fountain today (filling up my mug) and another girl from down the hall looked at me and said, "You've lost a lot of weight."

(to which I said, "Yep.")

SOMEONE NOTICED! (*insert kermit flail*)

Considering I've dropped close to 30 lbs in the last 4 months, and this is the first comment from not-my-boyfriend, I'm PLEASED!

I have another squad challenge to propose. I got the idea when I was getting dressed for work on Thursday at the gym after my workout. I had packed work pants that I haven't worn in a year, and it didn't occur to me that I've put on a bit of weight since I last wore them. They were quite snug, but I wasn't at home, so there wasn't much I could do about it. But I got to thinking... what if I wore these pants once a week during the challenge as a way of tracking my weight loss. Hopefully they'll be getting a bit looser each week, and it will be another metric besides the scale. And THEN, I thought, what if this was a squad challenge?? And so, I propose...

The Monday Pants Showdown Challenge

Pick a pair of pants that are a bit snug or that you remember wearing in your slimmer days and wear them this Monday. Plan to wear them each Monday for the rest of the challenge and report back when they fit. Bonus if they get too big! I've picked Monday to help motivate better weekend habits, but it could be any day.

Not sure if this is an interesting challenge for anyone else, but I'll be doing it and reporting back.

I have another squad challenge to propose. I got the idea when I was getting dressed for work on Thursday at the gym after my workout. I had packed work pants that I haven't worn in a year, and it didn't occur to me that I've put on a bit of weight since I last wore them. They were quite snug, but I wasn't at home, so there wasn't much I could do about it. But I got to thinking... what if I wore these pants once a week during the challenge as a way of tracking my weight loss. Hopefully they'll be getting a bit looser each week, and it will be another metric besides the scale. And THEN, I thought, what if this was a squad challenge?? And so, I propose...

Pick a pair of pants that are a bit snug or that you remember wearing in your slimmer days and wear them this Monday. Plan to wear them each Monday for the rest of the challenge and report back when they fit. Bonus if they get too big! I've picked Monday to help motivate better weekend habits, but it could be any day.

Not sure if this is an interesting challenge for anyone else, but I'll be doing it and reporting back.

This does sound interesting! Since I've never had "slimmer days", and all my pants are already loose, I might need to venture out and actually just buy a pair of pants that are maybe a size smaller and try this challenge. But tonight I'll check my closet first and see if I can find anything.

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

This does sound interesting! Since I've never had "slimmer days", and all my pants are already loose, I might need to venture out and actually just buy a pair of pants that are maybe a size smaller and try this challenge. But tonight I'll check my closet first and see if I can find anything.

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

I like the sound of the Monday Pants Challenge, except that I don't think it'll work for me, for a variety of reasons. First, I work in an office and try to wear only clothes that fit me well (I'm an attorney and need to keep clients convinced that I have my sh!t together) when I'm at work. Second, the obvious pants to do this with would be jeans (maybe move the day to Sunday), but my jeans stretch as I wear them, and shrink again when I wash them. Perhaps I should wash them on Saturday, wear them on Sunday? But my husband does the laundry, and I don't think I'll get to dictate when he washes 'em.

Anyway . . . I had another thought for a challenge, which I think I'm going to do as my personal one-week challenge: A meticulous food journal. Everything that goes into my mouth gets written down. Period. No exceptions, no excuses. Anyone want to join me?

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Anyway . . . I had another thought for a challenge, which I think I'm going to do as my personal one-week challenge: A meticulous food journal. Everything that goes into my mouth gets written down. Period. No exceptions, no excuses. Anyone want to join me?

I'm mostly doing that in my challenge thread. I'm not tracking exact amounts like I used to, but I'm doing my best to write down everything I eat. It's certainly helping me be more mindful!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

This weekend was a disaster diet-wise - I was basically 'off' the whole time. However, my body realized half way through the weekend that it really didn't like normal people food, and became quite disgruntled, so at least I have modivation to keep on task next dance weekend.

As far as the weekend itself, it was awesome. We put on an event with attendance beyond what we could have hoped for, everything ran smoothly with no visible, and few audible, hitches. I'm looking forward to being back on track this week, and starting tomorrow, doing under 50 g carbs for a few days in a row.

You know, now that you mention it... I have been exhausted since I got back yesterday afternoon. And it's not as if I did a lot of moving around or didn't get a decent amount of sleep all weekend. Maybe it's my body telling me I'm not getting the right foods that give me the right kind of energy?

Hrm, my body and I have never been very good at communicating with each other... :P

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

i'm right there with you guys. I am bad about not drinking enough water on the weekends (yay coffee and wine) and on mondays i usually slurp down 4 bottles (i think they are 20 oz) while i'm at work. my body is like "I'M F'IN THIRSTY WOMAN!" and if i eat a bunch of junk food i get headaches and stomach aches and feel run down. it's shocking the difference. I still struggle with eating right, but i just gotta make that feeling of physically feeling good more important than the psychologically good feeling of eating candy and other junk

Good luck Xtina. Don't worry, you can definitely do it!

Sorry, I've been away for a few days: low motivation levels and also not feeling too good physically. The job search is also getting me down but I now have a couple of interviews lined up!

As far as diet & exercise are concerned, I've managed to stick to my targets this last week, apart from the last couple of days when I was feeling under the weather. So, I've managed to maintain my weight. This seems a bit disappointing but at the same time, I know that my body is probably still adjusting to exercising loads. We'll see what happens next week!

Have a great week everyone!

S

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines