• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Liberator

Liberator Living in the Now! Challenge #9

Nope. I think some people just naturally want to impart knowledge and have a sharp wit, and are around people all day that are constantly judging and evaluating them. It becomes second nature that the good (advice), the bad (worrying about what others think, and the ugly (sarcasm) spill over into "real life".

Although, you must admit, with middle and high school aged kids doing what they do, quelling the sarcasm is tough. I've cultivated the habit of simply answering questions honestly and kindly. The sarcasm has just fallen away.

It's nice talking to you again, too, btw :)

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful for waking up later with out time for a shower and usual prep and still feeling good. School "hat day" worked out perfectly!

I am grateful I look good in a hat. :)

I am grateful for the day off on Monday!

I am grateful for invitation for a family sledding weekend!

I am grateful for food in the freezer to make dinner.

I am grateful for students helping out with pizza fundraiser.

I am grateful for open-minded, happy students.

I am grateful for having a fun day!

I am grateful for hugs, kisses and flirting with my husband.

I am grateful for good vibes all day long.

I am grateful for smiles, mine and others.

Reflection

This is a bit of a strange challenge. I am just focusing on my internal energy. Getting up early, 4 am on Wednesday and Thursday was great. I just popped out of bed with energy and just ready to start the day. Today I didn't get out of bed until 6:49 am and I didn't have time for a shower. I still had a very enjoyable rewarding day full of positive interactions with others. That is becoming my focus, learning to maintain a positive sense of being no matter the circumstances. I am getting good at forgiving myself when I don't wake up on time and dealing with most people, still a few buttons that get pushed by a few people. I am learning to laugh (even more then before) at myself and the situations around me. Joy and loving forgiveness are steady in my mind. Eating for joy and forgiving myself when I eat something mediocre. Finding joy in my interactions with my children and forgiving myself when I lose patience.  I am having fun with this and learning to accept all that is around me, whether I do yoga or not, I am still a worthy human being. Rain or shine I am still happy internally,   

Gratitude

I am grateful for a day of fun ahead.

I am grateful for being able to share joy and connect with others.

i am grateful for a family that enjoys time together.

I am grateful for ginger pancakes!

I am grateful for friends with different perspectives on and have wonderful discussions with.

I am grateful for opportunities for adventure that come my way.

I am grateful for all the money, energy fun, love and knowledge that flows into my life

Reflection

One of my life challenges is with my 11 yo son (the verbal one) who is struggling with his emotions and gets mad at things beyond his control. He was mad that we didn't have a white (snowy) christmas. When it did snow he was angry it was so late and not snowing when he wanted it. He will get mad if someone disagrees with his opinion about Mario or some other video game! So much anger.  He is gaining weight and refuses to eat healthier choices. He gets very angry at me when I say "you choose your mood, you choose your reaction to things". He doesn't have a easy time with things having a twin brother with autism who will ruin this things, mess up his room and create all kinds of destruction. It is an important lesson for him to learn that he has control over his reaction and mood. I am hoping I can model and patiently help him through this he will figure out how to turn his situation around and not let anger and negative emotions take control. 

Gratitude

I am grateful for lemon, ginger, pineapple juice with a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of cayenne and three drops of stevia. WOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE! 

I am grateful for foods that make you feel awesome!

I am grateful for J's ability to learn and function at the grocery store. He is so well behaved and helpful. He is a joy to be around.

I am grateful for the fun of sledding and grateful to be able to share the experience with my children. 

I am grateful for a working dishwasher and the free repair!

I am grateful for the abundance of food in my freezer, plenty of good food to choose from all week long!

I am grateful for Sting, always feel happy listening to his songs.

I am grateful for the fun ride to the winter cottage, listening to B's music picks and singing along. Reminds me why I am in love with him. 

• Like 1

Reflections

Last night at the dinner table with my family, my brother's family and my parents, my husband starts explaining about an article he read about a man who started laughing all the time and it was discovered that he had a brain tumor. Then he suggested I get a MRI or some brain scan. Apparently, he noticed I am laughing all the time and happy so much that he is beginning to wonder about me! It must be the ginger juice!  :playful:

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful for a day off.

I am grateful for the joy each day brings

I am grateful for more juice shots!

I am grateful for Pearl Jam, Mumford and sons, The Who, Elvis Costello and all the other music I am cranking in my kitchen as I am making awesome pancakes and enjoying life.

I am grateful for lots of laughing this morning, it is starting early today! :)

Reflection

I did end up needing meds but only 12 days for now, hopefully that will be all. Starting to research diet suggestions to help the situation. Busy few weeks coming up and I just want to maintain the feeling of joy and happiness, so that is my focus.

Gratitude

I am grateful for a good day at work! I have a great great bunch of seniors this year. Happy to see them.

I am grateful for the student who is helping me clean.

I am grateful for all my freshman who took their common core teacher evaluation test met their targets. One less stress in my life.

I am grateful for my new fluffy blue sweater that looks like the muppet Grover :)

I am grateful for moments to just sit and be still.  

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful for the new color xerox machine at school for the exclusive use of the art department with unlimited supplies for the next five years.  So cool!

I am grateful for getting medical tests done to eliminate my fears about health issues.

I am grateful I am just getting old and I am not dealing with a life-threatening issue.

I am grateful quick and easy dinners.

I am grateful for loving people in my life.

Reflection

I am so spoiled about my health. I went to the ER and got tests and stuff done. I forget what hospitals are like, the pain and the medical hardships others deal with. It puts my situation in a wider perspective and I realize my blessings. So as long as I don't have anything of main concern I will happily stay away from hospitals. After a couple of hours there I am more motivated to develop healthy habits. I am used to feeling pretty awesome and I like it that way, I think staying healthy and awesome internally and externally is the way to go. I am basically in need of maintaining good hormone levels and exercise is key to that along with good eating choices. So I think my challenge is finding the best way to raise my progesterone and be aware of my hormonal balance to regulate though diet and exercise and steer clear of meds as much as possible.

Reflection

I know why I was feeling so off, I just spent all weekend sick with the flu. 

Slept the weekend away, J was so sweet cuddling with me and trying to open my eyes to get my attention.

He brought his books into the bed and toys too to hang out with mom.

O made meals, J made messes, and B worked on laundry and directed the boys.

Still feel moments on joy and love through all the aches and pains of flu.

Gratitude

I am grateful for a weekend to recover.

I am grateful for warm tea and honey, warm compresses and cough drops

I am grateful for loving people around me.

I am grateful for the time to heal.

I am grateful for the contrast in health to remind me of all my blessings with health and how lucky I am to feel so awesome most of the time. 

• Like 1

After two weeks of crazy medical issues and illness I have one goal… Be Happy!

I am grateful I got all the blood work and medical tests done for the year and confirmed healthy, lungs, heart and female parts are all great! 

I am grateful for the cold outside air waking up my body and removing all the stale indoor air out of my lungs.

I am grateful for things to do and people to see. I enjoy being around people, I enjoy a reason to get dressed and look nice. 

I am grateful for my happiness, being happy is getting easier and easier no matter what is going on around me.

I am grateful for the enjoyment of the early morning alone time. I am getting up early each morning with ease.

I am grateful for things being easy, fun and enjoyable.  

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful for a warm home.

I am grateful for a healthy body, children, husband, family and friends.

I am grateful for a fun and interesting job that I can help other people

I am grateful for new people and ideas in my life so I can grow and experience life in a meaningful way.

I am grateful for my independence and my understanding that I am responsible for my own life and other's are responsible for theirs, even my husband and my children.

• Like 1

I am grateful for my independence and my understanding that I am responsible for my own life and other's are responsible for theirs, even my husband and my children.

Something I hope to be able to do someday.

Gratitude:

I am grateful for the tickets to see OneRepublic. Fun to look forward to a concert, I don't know who is going with me yet, all the details will work out.

I am grateful for the best solution will always work out for me.

I am grateful for the school's closing for a cold day (-20!). I had a school trip to Toronto planned today and I was able to reschedule everything. It is just as cold in Toronto so a warmer day will be more fun for the students and me as well.

I am grateful for a smooth parent-teacher conferences. All good meetings and good feelings. It is nice to have supportive parents at your school.

I am grateful for a week off and a chance to plan some fun with the family and some self-care appointments, massage, haircut, etc.

I am grateful for time to do my taxes and figure out how to get a refund!

I am grateful for pursueing my own happiness and learning to love myself unconditionally, even when I make mistakes and do things that others might not like me to do.

I am grateful I am the boss of me!

Gratitude

I am grateful for the beauty of snow.

I am grateful for hope and healing.

I am grateful for smiles from J and O.

I am grateful for dreams of sunshine and walks on the beach, warming my heart.

I am grateful for cooking with itunes playing, music makes everything fun.

I am grateful for tigers. :tiger:

I am grateful for gifts of love and chocolate.

I am grateful for everyday of love.

Gratitude

I am grateful for making appointments for this week and taking care of somethings that are on my mind.

I am grateful for ordering a new bikini, now I have bikini motivation! :)

I am grateful for SNL, "I need more cow bell!"

Gratitude

I am grateful for help with my car, it is very cold and I appreciate the fact I have people to help me with my car that is not holding a charge.

I am grateful that my car chose a week that I have off to need attention.

I am grateful for time to enjoy my children.

I am grateful for O's cooking skills and independence.

I am grateful for J's playfulness and love of adventure.

I am grateful for my last doctor's appointment, I am done with all my follow-ups, blood work, tests and annuals and don't need to go back this year (and I will probably not go next year if I don't need to) Yeah!!!

I am grateful for my health and wellness. I feel awesome and like it that way!

I am grateful for a new NF challenge to refocus my intentions on getting stronger and more awesome. :)

Gratitude

I am grateful to love myself and not let someone else's opinion of me change my feelings of selfworth.

I am grateful for doing my taxes, instead of just having my husband do them. I am much better at finding deductions and I feel empowered. 

I am grateful for feelings of independence and financial security.

I am grateful for my abundance. My husband always paints a dark picture about our finances and gets so stressed. I feel good and see all the things we do and have when I look at our spending.

I am grateful for all the things I was able to buy and places I got to go and fun things I got to do in 2014. :)

Life is good!

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful for my car getting fixed.

I am grateful for getting a tax refund, yeah!

I am grateful for homecomings. :)

I am grateful for the upcoming concerts. I would love to go to Ed Sheeran concert; Gogol Bordello would be a blast too!

I am grateful for fun things to look forward to.

Gratitude

I am grateful for a good credit rating.

I am grateful for approval for a home equitity loan to fix the roof, fix the leaks, get new storm windows and paint the house.

I am grateful for signing up for an on-line course I have been interested in for a while.

I am grateful for asserting some financial independence.

I am grateful for time with my mother.

I am grateful for a good lunch.

Gratitude

I am grateful for lots of things to love and enjoy in my life.

I am grateful for positive people around me.

I am grateful for feelings of independence.

I am grateful for the urge to explore.

I am grateful for summers off.

I am grateful for a fun job.

I am grateful for a wonderful curvy body.

I am grateful for a body that responds positively to exercise and the joy of activity.

I am grateful for the ease of care for my body. It gives so much and requires so little maintance.

I am grateful for fun of experimenting with different types of exercise to see my body learn new things.

I am grateful for my body's youthfulness. It feels young, capable, flexible and improving. In many ways my body is better than when I was in my 20s and 30s. 

I am grateful for my confidence and positive feelings. The best is yet to be!

I am grateful for a new NF challenge.

• Like 1