Is it safe to eat eggs every day?

Traveller

So I finally decided to join Nerd Fitness and in one of the introductory e-mails Steve asked to make one small change to my diet. I decided to start eating eggs again. Currently I'm planning (and have done so for the past 3 days) to eat 2-3 eggs every day. I'd like your opinion whether it's safe to consume eggs daily. I'm 26 years old and I don't have any physical problems.

So I finally decided to join Nerd Fitness and in one of the introductory e-mails Steve asked to make one small change to my diet. I decided to start eating eggs again. Currently I'm planning (and have done so for the past 3 days) to eat 2-3 eggs every day. I'd like your opinion whether it's safe to consume eggs daily. I'm 26 years old and I don't have any physical problems.

The ridiculousness of the fear of eggs that has spread into "common knowledge" upsets me.

What did eggs ever do besides being awesome? If I was an egg, I would hate the world. If I was an egg, I would eat myself half a dozen times over every meal. I would be so delicious and nutritious and culinarily versatile. If I was an egg and the doctor told me that my life would end as an egg and I would transform into a chicken, I would commit seppuku and and die with honor by disemboweling myself into a hot frying pan.

• Like 11

I don't even like eggs and I eat at least two dozen a week

• Like 2

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Short answer, yes.

Long answer:

Eggs are packed with vitamins, minerals, goof fats and protein.

Eggs also has all 9 essential amino acids and are rich in iron, vitamin A, B12 B2 & B5.

Regarding cholesterol, some studies have shown that a small percentage of people (I believe it was around 30%) that are eating eggs daily, may have increases in their cholesterol slightly, but it also increases the density of the LDL particles.

Now this is not something to be concerned about because people who have predominantly large LDL particles have lower risk of heart disease, so it's nothing to worry about.

I would definitely recommend adding eggs to your diet.

Eat the eggs. For the exception of certain people who's bodies don't process dietary cholesterol normally (you'd most likely know this by now, through family history or your own blood work), cholesterol in a balanced diet is easily dealt with. In fact, our bodies use it to synthesize hormones like testosterone. Studies on cholesterol (like many other diet related studies) often run up against a problem of confounding factors. How many of the people in the "eggs every day" category are eating 3 eggs scrambled with 2 servings of veggies and some lean chicken, and how many are eating 3 fried eggs with bacon, sausage, cheese, potatoes, and some toast on the side? Then which ones followed that up with a salad at lunch and which ones with a patty melt and fries? 

That said, eggs are great in that they have a nice balance of protein and fat. But they're not really a super lean source of protein, and they're not a terribly efficient source of protein all on their lonesome. 3 eggs is still less than 20g of protein. So consider tossing in some lean chicken, pork or beef (or another solid protein source) as well (plus some veggies) for a main meal. 

for some reason, "Reply to this topic" really hates quoting. -_____-

Basically I was saying that eggs are awesome and that quail eggs can be also added to the list @Eleanorsbee was providing...

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

when I can be bothered - egg muffins crammed with pepepes and chilli and brocolli

when I can be bothered and its breakfast - pancaked with mashed banana and cinnamon

when I can almost be bothered - scrambled

When I cant be bothered - omelet

when I really really cant be bothered - hard boiled

The thing is I really like boiled eggs and they make great snacks, so a lot of the time I just cant be bothered to make something, when boiling them is that much quicker and cleaner and tastes just as good !

oh and a lot of the time, if I am cooking something in the oven .. in the last 13minutes I'll crack an egg over it and it kind of fries itsself on whatever you cracked it over !

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

I love omelettes and hard-boiled eggs but I'm still not sold on their health promoting benefits.  Eggs might be great for loosing weight or adding protein to your diet, especially if it keeps you from eating a snickers bar.  Unfortunately I haven't seen any evidence that adding eggs to a healthy diet promotes long term cardiovascular health.  Most of the pro-egg studies I've read correlate eggs with health by replacing refined carbs with eggs.  

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-cholesterol-in-the-diet/

Josieshima

▬▬ιâ•â•â•â•â•â•â•ïº¤

Level 1  |  Human  |  Ranger

Current Challenge (Feb 23 - Apr 6)

STATS             

|STR  DEX  STA  CON  WIS  CHA |

| 2    1    1    1    2    1  | 

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

2015 Weight Loss Goal (226 lbs -> 190 lbs): 

15.6%
15.6%

Push-up Challenge (35 consecutive): 

70%
70%

Squat Challenge (40 consecutive): 

80%
80%

Pull-up Challenge (3 consecutive): 

1%
1%

There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee