Crysalan's First Six Week Challange

Crysalan

Hi!!!

So this is my first challange, thus my level 0 status. I've been the short skinny guy my entire life and I'm sick of it. So I'm making whatever change is necessary to get in shape and get to a healthier weight. I did the quiz to determine your race and it suggested Nymph due to me being kinda short as well as skinny. And once I'm done with this first challenge I'm probably gonna move to the warriors guild but I wanted to start here.

Main Quest: Get to a healthy 150lbs (currently 132lbs)

Quest 1: Eat 3500 healthy calories a day

Quest 2: Start working out three days a week

Quest 3: Eat 2-3 servings of fruits/vegetables a day

Life Quest: Meditate everyday, cause I want to not only have a healthy body but a healthy mind and soul as well

Motivation: Because my wife, two girls, and I all deserve me to be happy and healthy. So my five year old doesn't laugh at me and call me fat when I'm out of breath after running at the park for ten minutes.

P.S. Since this is my first time please tell me if I posted this wrong or need to make different goals for any reason.

So my original goal was 4000 calories, however after two days of eating that I started getting nauseous from eating so I lowered it to 3500 calories. Well of course the first day of trying for that goal I easily reached 4000 calories. But still I accomplished that goal. Tomorrow will be my first workout day. I did forget to eat fruits and veggies today so overall today wasn't a great day. :(

does anyone know if it is normal for you to have weird stomach discomfort when eating alot? or is it that I'm still hungry? i've eaten over 4000 calories today which i would think would make me full however my stomach keeps rumbling like i'm still hungry... idk what i'm doing anymore... i need help or at least direction on where this question would be better asked.

I normally eat very similar things everyday, not a lot of change in my diet. So if I were to undertake a large change suddenly, my tummy would be rumbly and I wouldn't feel great. I obviously don't know how your body handles change, but this may be normal. I think slowing down a little and going for 3500 instead of 4000 is a great idea to start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Race -- GREY ELF | Class -- Assassin

[ Level 2 ] | STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

NF Challenges: currently n/a

Battle Logs: WoMD

|"Don't tell me the moon is shining: show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov|

does anyone know if it is normal for you to have weird stomach discomfort when eating alot? or is it that I'm still hungry? i've eaten over 4000 calories today which i would think would make me full however my stomach keeps rumbling like i'm still hungry... idk what i'm doing anymore... i need help or at least direction on where this question would be better asked.

I find that if I eat more fruits/veggies I feel more settled/fuller.Keep a journal of what you eat and what time and how you feel throughout the day.  Once you settle into a routine of eating to your calorie goals maybe look for some patterns. What time of day is there discomfort/rumbling? After eating a certain food?

Good luck!

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

So today has been a super depressing day as far as fitness and health go. I was unable to track my calories but i doubt i got anywhere near 3500. I again wasnt able to work out. And also wasn't able to eat fruits and veggies. Alot of this is due to work hours. On top of that despite everything I've read here on nerdfitness saying i should avoid any kind of excessive cardio, the United States Navy disagrees. So tomorrow I get to run for a good half hour to an hour for no reason. I have command PT(physical training) three times a week. Typically we do very cardio heavy things like running or biking. The other half is calisthenics. So burn calories with little to no strength training. I'm getting kinda discouraged because I reaized after making the challenge that I have no weigh gear unless I go to the gym which is hard to find time for given my job, wife and two kids. Anyone have any suggestions? Cause I'm a little lost on how to proceed. I want to do this but it seems like my environment is conspiring against me.

So today has been a super depressing day as far as fitness and health go. I was unable to track my calories but i doubt i got anywhere near 3500. I again wasnt able to work out. And also wasn't able to eat fruits and veggies. Alot of this is due to work hours. On top of that despite everything I've read here on nerdfitness saying i should avoid any kind of excessive cardio, the United States Navy disagrees. So tomorrow I get to run for a good half hour to an hour for no reason. I have command PT(physical training) three times a week. Typically we do very cardio heavy things like running or biking. The other half is calisthenics. So burn calories with little to no strength training. I'm getting kinda discouraged because I reaized after making the challenge that I have no weigh gear unless I go to the gym which is hard to find time for given my job, wife and two kids. Anyone have any suggestions? Cause I'm a little lost on how to proceed. I want to do this but it seems like my environment is conspiring against me.

I've been thinking about this since you posted. A common problem that I heard when working in an office full of soldiers was that they didn't have free time, more so if they were married with kids... um. Correction... *happily married* with kids. . Sounds like it's a similar situation in the navy. I unfortunately haven't had any ideas. Have you come across anything?

- please excuse typos. "Sent from my phone."

|"Don't tell me the moon is shining: show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov|

Why can't you do some of these things? Tracking calories takes minimal effort (if not tracking cals, write down what you ate for tracking later). Why can't you eat fruits and veggies? If we understand what obstacles you are facing we can help you solve the problem.

I wouldn't say cardio in itself is bad, but to excess yes. Doesn't PT still involve things like pushups, pullups etc. typically? You can always to BBW if you don't have access to weights or equpiment.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

So part of being an adult is being able to admit your own faults. Even more so if you can admit them in public. Being a sailor who is happily married with tw adorable children does take up alot of my free time. However what I think is stopping me the most is my own laziness and resistance to doing things that are hard. Its hard to eat alot of food all day everyday. And it's hard to do the work to find workouts that I can do without weight equipment at home. And I've never been a fan of fruits and vegetables. But thats why I'm here and thats why I'm doing this challenge. To change my way of life for the better. So my wife and I are leaving on our grocery trip for this paycheck. I'm getting fruits and veggies to eat throughout the day. They make good snacks and I have no excuses for not grabbing an orange or an apple or bringing celery and peanut butter to work with me. I'll do my meditation before work every morning since normally i wake up to relax before work anyway. Doing ym workout will be a bit tougher but I think I'm gonna try and use the base gym immidiately after work so I don't have to drive all the way back to base from my house. We'll see if that works with the family schedule. if not I'll do non-weight excersices at home.

Thank you miss_marissa and boxcarkid for being supportive even when I'm being a whiny little child lol. I don't know you in real life but i'd assume youre pretty awesome people.

Today I met my calorie goal for the first time in like three days which brightened my spirits.

• Like 2

Good for you for being honest with yourself! It's so easy to lie to ourselves about why we aren't following through. I sympathize with the struggles of working out with a family. I have not been able to go to the gym for going on 3 days due to having a sick kid at home and too many other kid activities in the evening.

Hang in there and do the best you can!

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Today I met my calorie goal for the first time in like three days which brightened my spirits.

YAY YAY YAY! for meeting your calorie goal! :D :D :D

Bring fresh fruits and veggies to work to snack on is an awesome idea! I try to have a handful of berries in the morning, and an apple or banana right before or after my workout. I also slice up carrots and celery to eat throughout the day and do a steamer bag of veggies with my lunch (typically broccolli). Here's to not making excuses! :)

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

So after last week's disappointments, I'm starting this week off right. For today I accomplished all my quests. I ate 3500 calories, did my workout (i'm doing them monday, wednesday and thursday to coincide with my wife couch to 5k runs), and i had like 6 serving of fruits/veggies due to drinking some V8 fusion as well as using a salad as the lettuce in my tacos for dinner. I'm so pumped today!!!

• Like 2

Was supposed to just put the gif there, not the link... but ok.

- please excuse typos. "Sent from my phone."

Another successful day. I actually ate closer to 4000 calories today. I had about 4 servings of fruits/veggies (i brought apples and celery to work and then had some V8 juice for dinner along with some corn). Today wasn't a workout day. I'm looking into getting a pull up bar from a guy on my boat which will allow me to do the advanced bodyweight routine. Because last nights work out didn't even make me sore.

• Like 3

That's awesome! I'm glad you stopped making excuses and are putting in the work :) Keep up the hard word and good attitude.

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

Thanks guys for being supportive! So today was one of the best days ever. Monday I did the beginner's body strength routine. Well Tuesday I wasn't sore at all which means I didn't really gain anything from the workout. For this reason I bought a pull-up bar (one of the ones you put in a doorway) so I could attempt the advanced body weight routine. Well i did one set...kinda. It kicked my ass. This was made worse by the command PT earlier today where we did 50 pushups and 50 squats and ran two miles then I come home and did that workout. So i have alot of progress ahead of me but I'm excited for having a clear plan.

Also I ate 4000 calories today and got about 4 servings of fruits/veggies. So I'm doing good this week! I'm super excited.

• Like 2

I would argue that it's impossible not to gain something when you do a workout.  It doesn't matter that your muscles didn't get sore.

You gained more knowledge about your current strengths and what you need to reach your goals. You got your body moving and probably your heart rate--always a plus. You took another step toward consistency. You got some sanity time (which is what exercise time is to a lot of us--time to center the brain and de-stress). You weren't sitting on your ass. :)

See! Lots of gains!

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

so i wasn't able to post last night cause my wife and I went to an SCA (society for creative anachronism...aka historical larping!!!) meeting. But I was able to eat my calories and my fruits/veggies yesterday. However I was insanely sore. The workout on Wednesday was pretty rough. So yesterday was a rough day for me. Which was made worse by playing ultimate frisbee for PT yesterday. Today I'm still pretty sore still but I do have a workout today.

• Like 1

Laziness and bad circumstances lead to no posting about friday and Saturday. Friday I slacked and didn't meet any goals. But today and yesterday I met calorie and fruits/vegetable Goals. Yesterday I did one set of the advanced bodyweight routine. Today I did two sets. Which feels great. I'm also gonna start trying to workout everyday if possible. Though Tuesdays are never gonna happen cause they are a shitty day at work.