Miscellaneous Beings Intent on Losing Weight Team #2

jmk

Whats up Team 2!? I didn't lose any weight this week, but I should lose some this week. I have a powerlifting competition Jan 21, so I do not plan to lose much weight until after then. I plan to maintain or lose slowly until then, but after that it is on! I am also in a weight loss competition that ends on March 20, so I definitely need to drop some lbs.

• Like 1

Thanks jmk for volunteering!   Team 2 rocks!  

So far looks like everyone had a good week?    Mine was good.  Hit my targets (but still room for improvement) and lost 4 pounds this week - shedding all those Christmas cookies I ate.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

We are off to a great start!  I've gotta tell you guys, tonight we are celebrating my hubbie's bday dinner and I am so focused on good choices for our team victory (and myself too!), nothing we would usually get like pizza is even interesting me!  This is the first accountability group I have been a part of and appreciate you all so much already!!

Go team #2!

here-comes-the-boom.jpg

• Like 2

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Met all my goals as well! Not sure how much weight I lost since I don't have a scale, but I can tell [by how my clothes fit] that I've already lost the bloat from holiday feasting!

Keep up the good work team 2!!!

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Met all my goals as well! Not sure how much weight I lost since I don't have a scale, but I can tell [by how my clothes fit] that I've already lost the bloat from holiday feasting!

Keep up the good work team 2!!!

That matters more than the scale anyway.  Congrats. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hi all,

First time checking in on here for me.  I got a late start on the challenge, but have 5 days in a row logging into MyFitness Pal and have been getting to the gym, so I am pleased overall.  I think for me my main focus is getting my head in the game again.  Right now it seems so hard to make the right choice and get out the door - lots of self-talk going on over here.  My hope is to establish some habits, so these things become more natural.

Thanks for the support so far and keep it coming :)  Good luck to you all!  

• Like 2

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Hi all,

First time checking in on here for me.  I got a late start on the challenge, but have 5 days in a row logging into MyFitness Pal and have been getting to the gym, so I am pleased overall.  I think for me my main focus is getting my head in the game again.  Right now it seems so hard to make the right choice and get out the door - lots of self-talk going on over here.  My hope is to establish some habits, so these things become more natural.

It's always tough starting new habits, but once you do you'll be so happy you did! Remember your goal - that's what keeps me motivated when I run into temptations. Nice job tracking food and getting to the gym 5 days in a row! Rootin' for ya! :nevreness:

• Like 1

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Hi all,

Welcome to the team!

Sorry I haven't been checking in.  Been very busy at work and trying to limit my computer use in the evening before bed.  We are over halfway through week #2. 

How are you doing?

What challenges have you been facing?

I've been struggling this week with getting to bed around 10pm. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

I've been struggling this week with getting to bed around 10pm. 

This has been my issue this week as well, and I have to say it makes everything THAT much harder when you are tired.  Hard to make the right choice, hard to get out of bed on time, too tired to want to exercise.  I've got to get it under control or my body will get too run down and I'll end up sick :(  Time to buckle down.

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Week two almost down.  I put my input on the spreadsheet.  My biggest challenge this week has been time... specifically dinner.  I have a 1.5 hour commute (or so) each way and when I get home I... hate making dinner if my day was stressful, which it often is.  I don't want to decide, or prep.  It is not that I WON'T, just... resistant to it.  I pretty much have to get right on it with no time to relax first if I want to get to bed at a reasonable hour.  Hubby's answer?  We eat out!  Sweet as he wants to help, but not really what I need to do for my pocketbook or waistline.  I need to prep more so I can eat out less.  Maybe that will be a goal next challenge.

I gave myself a B for the week food wise, even though I met (assuming I say on track today) all of my goals.  Choices could have been better with less eating out.

Workouts were good, all met, meditation is still at daily from my 3x/week goal... and had plenty of challenges on the life quest this week!

Love the internet high 5.  *chuckle*

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

This has been my issue this week as well, and I have to say it makes everything THAT much harder when you are tired.  Hard to make the right choice, hard to get out of bed on time, too tired to want to exercise.  I've got to get it under control or my body will get too run down and I'll end up sick :(  Time to buckle down.

I set an "alert" on my phone for "time to get ready for bed" a half hour before I want to be IN bed.  Helps me get moving in that direction.  Maybe start with just 5 minutes earlier a week?  Makes it less 'painful' to do in steps.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

I set an "alert" on my phone for "time to get ready for bed" a half hour before I want to be IN bed.  Helps me get moving in that direction.  Maybe start with just 5 minutes earlier a week?  Makes it less 'painful' to do in steps.

That is a great idea - I'm going to do that tonight!

Week two almost down.  I put my input on the spreadsheet.  My biggest challenge this week has been time... specifically dinner.  I have a 1.5 hour commute (or so) each way and when I get home I... hate making dinner if my day was stressful, which it often is.  I don't want to decide, or prep.  It is not that I WON'T, just... resistant to it.  I pretty much have to get right on it with no time to relax first if I want to get to bed at a reasonable hour.  Hubby's answer?  We eat out!  Sweet as he wants to help, but not really what I need to do for my pocketbook or waistline.  I need to prep more so I can eat out less.  Maybe that will be a goal next challenge.

Do you have a crockpot?  I have found this helps quite a bit even just to have cooked meat when I get home and add some veggies or salad on the side.

Current Challenge

I gave myself a B for the week food wise, even though I met (assuming I say on track today) all of my goals.  Choices could have been better with less eating out.

Workouts were good, all met, meditation is still at daily from my 3x/week goal... and had plenty of challenges on the life quest this week!

Love the internet high 5.  *chuckle*

I second the crock pot! You can make a bunch of crock pot meals on Sunday and put them in the freezer. Take one out and put them in in the morning. Or cook large portions at the beginning of the week and put it into tupperware so you have at least 3 meals prepared. 

Otherwise, a quick and easy "go to" meal works well. Minute brown rice + frozen stir fry veggies + low sugar sauce is pretty easy and takes 10 minutes.

I understand getting home late. I work 12 hour shifts, so when I get home, I am exhausted. I often end up eating yogurt for dinner if I don't plan something more balanced!

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

ALSO for my 8th post:

Anyone want to share recipes? I have a couple fantastic spaghetti squash recipes I've been making.

If you have a great one, you should post it for everyone!

Would love recipes! 

Since you mentioned spaghetti squash, this is one of my favorite ones!

http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2013/03/spaghetti-squash-crust-pizza.html

Current Challenge

Week #2 Check-in

Down 3 more lbs!!

Make sure you update our spreadsheet for Team #2!

spreadsheet updated with 2.2 more pounds lost!

Spoiler