• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

Pullup (AMRAP) Leaderboard

Welcome to the Nerd Fitness Pullup (AMRAP) Leaderboard.

Below you will find the top pullups performed in a single continuous set (that have been reported).

The following are the rules for using this Nerd Fitness Leaderboard.

• You must have at least 50 posts - We don't want random people just showing up and posting just to be on the Leaderboards. If you don't have 50 posts yet, be an active member and come back when you do.
  • You must have been active in the last 6 months - This is meant to be for active members. If you are not active for 6 months, you may be removed. If you once again become active, you are more than welcome to post your new PRs and join back up!
  • Your performance must be current - No posting "This was how many pullups I could do years ago". All efforts must have been completed since joining NF.

If you'd like to be put on this Leaderboard, or are submitting an update, please reply in this thread with the following information:

Example 1:

Female

156# / 71.1kg

22 pullups

Example 2:

Male

185# / 83.9kg

6 pullups

Easy, right? :)

Bodyweight should be reported in both lbs and kg.  NF has tons of users who are familiar with one or the other.  So both will be listed.  But you must provide both if you want to be added to the leaderboard.  It takes less than 10 seconds.  Here's an easy online way to get the 'other' number.

What pullups count?  Watch this tutorial.  Ask if you have questions afterward. (Note: lat pulldown machine doesn't count)

• Palms must be facing away from your body.  (Chinups - neutral grip or palms facing you - don't count for this leaderboard.  We're only doing pullups here.)
  • No kipping pullups, no swinging pullups
  • No letting go of the bar with either hand during the set
  • No stretching your neck like a giraffe to get your chin over the bar
  • This is the bodyweight forum, so this shouldn't need to be said, but just in case:  Bodyweight pullups only.  No added weight.

Do I need to post a video?  No.  We're on the honor system.  You can post a video of your set if you like.  We'd love to see it.  But you don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LEADERBOARD

===================================================================================

Athlete              Gender       Bodyweight          AMRAP         Date

Machete              male         140 # /  64 kg        45         3 Apr 2015
Yuen                 male         159 # /  72 kg        29         2 Apr 2015
cmwanderin           male         167 # /  76 kg        28        29 Jan 2015
Mandrill             male         144 # /  65 kg        25        11 Apr 2015
Br0din               male         212 # /  96 kg        24        16 Jun 2015
A banana             male         155 # /  70 kg        22         4 Apr 2015
Ryuu1011             male         155 # /  70 kg        18         7 Jun 2015
Phylanx              male         176 # /  80 kg        16        12 Jan 2015
Anim07734            male         146 # /  66 kg        16        19 Jul 2015
SymphonicDan         male         161 # /  73 kg        14         5 Mar 2015

By365                male         170 # /  77 kg        13        25 Apr 2018

CheshireCrab         male         161 # /  73 kg        13         7 Jun 2017

The Cheeky Aardvark  male         170 # /  81 kg        12        10 Feb 2016

IslandGirl_Becks     female       138 # /  63 kg        12        10 Oct 2016

Frost of the Gloa..  male         185 # /  84 kg        11         1 May 2018

Spear Warrior        male         180 # /  81 kg        11        16 Feb 2016
Rurik the Ranger     male         188 # /  85 kg        10        15 Nov 2015
impi shujaa          male         163 # /  74 kg        10        19 Jan 2015
wovercast            male         241 # / 109 kg         9         3 Apr 2015
whatamidoinhere      male         184 # /  84 kg         8        26 Jan 2016
GreenMatt            male         176 # /  80 kg         7        18 Jan 2015
Pat                  male         170 # /  77 kg         7        14 Dec 2015

Slates               female       119 # /  54 kg         6        14 Apr 2016

Sciread77            male         195 # /  89 kg         5        28 Aug 2017
Nefiros              male         152 # /  69 kg         5        13 Jan 2015
boxcarkid            female       128 # /  58 kg         4        24 Jan 2015

alexc                female       137 # /  62 kg         3        11 Jun 2018
Elastigirl           female       128 # /  59 kg         3        19 Feb 2015
Suguru               female       121 # /  55 kg         3        13 Sep 2015
vinoex               male         253 # / 115 kg         2        22 Jun 2015
Hazard               male         207 # /  94 kg         2        12 Jan 2015
theseus              male         180 # /  82 kg         2        10 May 2016
kirstenanke          female       145 # /  66 kg         1        21 Jan 2015

===================================================================================

Male

207 # / 94 kg

2 pullups

I know somebody out there can beat a heavy middleage man with golfer's elbow.

he81503a7.jpeg

• Like 3

Because we're nerds here, and enjoy gratuitous analysis, help me straighten out some rules on form.

1.) The video says to pause at the top of each rep. Is that required here, or is full range with no kipping sufficient?

2.) Are we distinguishing between hand position (neutral vs supinated vs pronated)?

3.) The video says to "keep your body in a vertical line", I feel like that part is unnecessary, do we really need to consider torso position?

03-13-209-04.jpg

This is an extreme example of body not vertical, but I think it should still be allowed. (keeping in mind that he has not yet completed the rep because his chin is still under the bar)

My personal rules for a pullup (note: a "kipping pullup", is considered an entirely different movement)

1.) no kipping, kicking, or general flopping around like a fish, although swinging due to bad rhythm is allowed so long as it isn't helping in any way.

2.) support all of your weight with your hands the whole time

3.) no switching grips mid set

4.) the bottom of the rep is when arms are straight (just shy of locked)

5.) the top of the rep is when the chin gets vertically higher than the bar with the head no further back then neutral.

Also, for the apprentice pullers who don't have their first pullup yet, I propose being able to post a half rep (can get to at least the halfway point from a deadhang) and/or a timed negative (slower descent=stronger), but no mutiple reps of either, and no quarter or eighth reps, because that would get too convoluted.

Because we're nerds here, and enjoy gratuitous analysis, help me straighten out some rules on form.

1.) The video says to pause at the top of each rep. Is that required here, or is full range with no kipping sufficient?

Full range of motion. 

No kipping/swinging.  

Pausing is a training technique - you don't have to intentionally pause for your leaderboard set.

2.) Are we distinguishing between hand position (neutral vs supinated vs pronated)?

Pullup leaderboard, not Chinup leaderboard.  Hands must be facing away from your body.  Any other hand position is a chinup.  Only pullups count in here.

3.) The video says to "keep your body in a vertical line", I feel like that part is unnecessary, do we really need to consider torso position?

To an extent.  Some degree of angling is completely normal and perfectly fine.  But your angle shouldn't be so much that you look like you're doing a front lever.

Also, for the apprentice pullers who don't have their first pullup yet, I propose being able to post a half rep (can get to at least the halfway point from a deadhang) and/or a timed negative (slower descent=stronger), but no mutiple reps of either, and no quarter or eighth reps, because that would get too convoluted.

No.  Sorry.  Negatives, half-reps, timed hangs, band assistance, inverted rows, machine-assistance, etc. are ways to train for getting a pullup, but they aren't pullups.  We're not going to over-complicate the leaderboard.  

Doing a pullup is hard for most people.  And that's good.  It's a goal to strive toward.  I hope to see lots of people training and getting strong enough relative to their bodyweight to achieve and submit their very first 1 rep pullup set for the leaderboard.  :encouragement:

Yuen!  We would have had a tied top spot if you hadn't lost 4 lbs over the last month.  :o:tongue:   Go drink a lot of water and try again.  ;)

• Like 1

Yuen!  We would have had a tied top spot if you hadn't lost 4 lbs over the last month.  :o:tongue:   Go drink a lot of water and try again.  ;)

:) :P I have no illusions of getting the top spot - I'm still waiting for Mr One Arm Pull-Up (aka Machete) to put down his entry.

Also, I'm not overly fond of pushing myself to the limit on pull ups. I've dislocated my right shoulder 4 times, and the bottom position of a pull up is very dangerous for my unstable shoulder when my muscles are fatigued. I find chin ups much less scary to do to failure.

Challenge Accepted

Male

136 lbs / 61.8 kg

40 Pushups

It's lucky you are better at doing pull ups than you are at typing them :tongue: :tongue:

Seriously though - very nice. If someone can do a one arm pull up - you expect 30+ strict pull ups, but hitting 40... very very nice.

Male

136 lbs / 61.8 kg

40 Pushups

That's because I actually did pushups and hoped no one would notice. Haha.

Just kidding. I did 4 sets of 4 after. (Each)

Just to be clear, is this what you're submitting?

Male

136 lbs / 61.8 kg

40 Pullups

Challenge Accepted

post-40544-Brad-Pitt-is-there-no-one-els

46916-doctor-who-shaking-head-gif-ZfKP.g

Maybe if I trained smart and hard for two more years...

I'd love a video of that. Not because I don't believe it, but because it's awesome, it's a good ten reps more than I've seen on video (almost 20 shy of what I've seen in person), and because it would be good motivation for me to get to 20 by my b-day.

• Like 1

Not quite you wanted Phylanx, but hopefully this will sate your appetite a bit. This is the video Machete posted when he did a challenge with the assassins.

No regular pull ups (probably too boring), but starting from 2:00 there are muscle ups, OACs (albeit with a hand on the shoulder at the start), front and back levers, triple clap push ups etc.