• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

Pullup (AMRAP) Leaderboard

Thanks Yuen, I already saw it though :P.

Impressive, worth a re-watch, but nothing I haven't seen elsewhere.

Yeah true. There are plenty of stronger people posting videos on YouTube :) But it is cool that an active poster here can post videos of that level :)

Also... i'm sure i'm missing something in the translation, but do you want me to link a video on YouTube of someone doing 50ish strict pull ups in the form described in the original post?

No, no link required Yuen. My google fu is good enough for that.

I just :

A.) like to see rebbels doing their thing

and B.) even though there's more physically elite feats out there on video, I have yet to see a high rep pullup video that impressive.

Male
163 lbs / 74 kg
27 pull ups

Clearly I have been over-thinking things. My original AMRAP included what I thought were strategic pauses in a deadhang to give me some time to rest. It appears this just resulted in making my forearm/grip a limiting factor. I was just mucking around today without any pauses... and did better than my previous attempt :)

Edited by Hazard
updated
  • Like 1

Got 5 at 242 lbs wovercast. I will try to give you a run for your money.

As for going for that 40, I am in quite the slump right now. Can hardly even bring myself to workout at the moment. I am coming for you though Machete! and Yuen now!

• Like 1

Clarification for the rules: is it necessary to drop into a headhang between each rep, or can the shoulders/lats stay under tension for the duration of the set. I vote that we must drop down into deadhang each time, but I'm not the one making up the rules :P

With deadhangs:

Male

69kg / 152lb

11 reps

Without deadhangs:

Male

69kg / 152lb

13 reps

This was at the end of summer 2014, a while after I started on NF. Making sure to clarify that my gender did not fluctuate between these two attempts :P I intend to train these again for my next NF challenge.

Clarification for the rules: is it necessary to drop into a headhang between each rep, or can the shoulders/lats stay under tension for the duration of the set.

Completely relaxing all muscles at the bottom of a pullup isn't generally advised, for the sake of joint health.

With deadhangs:

Male

69kg / 152lb

11 reps

Without deadhangs:

Male

69kg / 152lb

13 reps

This was at the end of summer 2014, a while after I started on NF. Making sure to clarify that my gender did not fluctuate between these two attempts :tongue: I intend to train these again for my next NF challenge.

I'll need a date if you're submitting a score from the past.  If you don't have it in a journal or battle log or whatever for the exact day pick a date as close to it as you remember.

But, wouldn't you rather submit a more recent attempt that better reflects what you can currently do?  :D

Male

167# / 76kg

28 pullups

Alright Yuen, your move!

We keep up the back and forth enough, we may be able to will ourselves to give Machete some competition.

Edited by Hazard
updated
  • Like 2

So.... Hi.  

• Female
  • 128# / 58 kg
  • 4 pullups

Very nice!

Male

167# / 76kg

28 pullups

Alright Yuen, your move!

We keep up the back and forth enough, we may be able to will ourselves to give Machete some competition.

Haha, nice work cmwanderin :) I'll probably test my max again in a month or so :)

Although regardless of my 2 arm max (which I'm 100% sure I'm not going past 40 any time soon), I consider Machete as out of my league until I can do a one arm chin up again.

I'm very glad you are here though. If it was Machete who was ahead of me at 40... it's just too big a gap, and not really a great motivator. Having someone at the same approximate level who is just 1 or 2 reps away... that can make you push and put up with just that little bit more pain :tongue:

• Like 1

Haha, nice work cmwanderin :) I'll probably test my max again in a month or so :)

Although regardless of my 2 arm max (which I'm 100% sure I'm not going past 40 any time soon), I consider Machete as out of my league until I can do a one arm chin up again.

I'm very glad you are here though. If it was Machete who was ahead of me at 40... it's just too big a gap, and not really a great motivator. Having someone at the same approximate level who is just 1 or 2 reps away... that can make you push and put up with just that little bit more pain :tongue:

You and cmwanderin make a good competition.  You're roughly the same body weight, and pulling near the same level.  Machete has a 30 lb advantage on the two of you for bodyweight exercises.  Catching him won't be easy.

For somebody who cannot even do one yet, I feel like the bad guy from Inspector Gadget 'I'll get you next time....' Someday you can expect to see my name up there. Not sure when but it'll happen.

• Like 4