• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

Pullup (AMRAP) Leaderboard

Male

241 lbs / 109 kg

9 pullups

I was hoping for 10, but I can't count that last one. This was after my workout, so I may try again when I am fresh. Also, my height makes these look ridiculous! All in all for 240 lbs, I feel pretty good with my effort. Oh and sorry for the heavy breathing!

Edited by Hazard
updated
  • Like 3

Ahh, another competition.  I"m in.  I'll show you skinny guys how a big warrior does pull-ups.  last time I did this I was 20+ weighing over 225.  I"ll retest this week.

Ahh, another competition.  I"m in.  I'll show you skinny guys how a big warrior does pull-ups.  last time I did this I was 20+ weighing over 225.  I"ll retest this week.

Male

214.4lbs / 95.25 KG

Not bad start for not training for endurance.  Lets see what I can do this month.  I think I can get to 30.

Edited by Hazard
added
  • Like 1

I was holding out for a higher PR, but couldn't get more than 14-and-a-bit... Every pull-up was done from deadhang. Another time I might try them not from deadhang but I'm not actually sure I find them easier that way - my lats like to throw me at the bottom of the motion, and if I stop before deadhang then the arm muscles have to do more! I'm currently working on slow pull-ups to fix this missing strength.

Male

73kg / 161 lb

14 pull-ups

(05 Mar 2015)

Edited by Hazard
added
  • Like 1

Hey look, another 240+ lb person getting above the bar. Well done sir :)

It is exciting to see heavier people on the board.  :encouragement:

These bodyweight leaderboards will probably always be dominated by the leaner guys.  Bodyweight plays such a huge role in AMRAP sets.  

I don't say this to take anything away from those who weigh less.  Machete's 45 pullup set is a fantastic feat at any bodyweight.  But the researcher in me would love to strap 60 lbs on him and see how many reps he could pull.  :D  (I'm betting it would still be impressive, but I'd guess far less than 45).

It is exciting to see heavier people on the board.  :encouragement:

These bodyweight leaderboards will probably always be dominated by the leaner guys.  Bodyweight plays such a huge role in AMRAP sets.  

I don't say this to take anything away from those who weigh less.  Machete's 45 pullup set is a fantastic feat at any bodyweight.  But the researcher in me would love to strap 60 lbs on him and see how many reps he could pull.  :D  (I'm betting it would still be impressive, but I'd guess far less than 45).

Thanks.

Just tried it. Only got to 12.

• Like 4

Only one at like 115 lbs. (I wonder what happened to the loaded pullup leaderboard.)

Wait, there is a loaded board? Link if you find!

It used to be in the PL&weightlifting sub forums.  My record was 1 @ +125lbs  (350lbs total at the time.)  They also had a dips leader board but it was only flex_luthor, myself and 3 others.

Lets do this thing!

Male 23, 155lbs/ 70.3Kg, 18 Pull Ups, June 6, 2015 

I forgot how much harder pull ups are than chin ups >_< I was really hoping to break 20, oh well guess I'll just have to keep trying!! :D

Edited by Hazard
added
  • Like 3

new PR

Male

212.4/96.3

23 reps

newer PR

Male 209.0/94.8

24 reps 

Edited by Hazard
updated