• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

romeyb76

Paleo Breakfast Meals

Need help,

I'm trying to incorporate veggies in all meals including breakfast.  Most of the time, my breakfast consists of bacon, eggs, or a smoothie I blend with fruits and veggies.  I was wondering if you can suggest any other breakfast meals that I can cook that doesn't take long to make and that are delightful?

A few ideas I use to help my veggie intake: poach some eggs over a bed of spinach, make omelet 'muffins' full of peppers, tomatoes, and onion (these can be whipped up in your standard muffin try and refrigerated for a couple of days as needed), or fry up some celery and mushrooms with your eggs.

My go-to meal for breakfast is always scrambled eggs or an omelette. To that, I add the veggies that I have in the fridge: Broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini.

And it doesn't take too long. While the pan is heating up, I cut the veggies. When I'm done, the pan is hot enough, so I melt some butter and throw in the veggies. No you can either quickly mix up seasoning and eggs in a bowl and just pour it over. Or, if you're lazy like me, you just crack the egg over the pan, season and quickly stirr it. This gives the scrambled egg a nice marbelling. 

Pot roast. Throw some meat and veg in a slow cooker and let it cook overnight. It's ready with no work in the morning. It does take some prep time, but not before work in the a.m.

We also usually have some sort of cole slaw or soup in the fridge ready to go on short notice. Find a healthy recipe you like and there's always quick, good food around.

Hi! There is a topic on paleo breakfast ideas:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/52423-paleo-breakfast-ideas-that-are-not-eggs/

I'm huge fan of raw salmon, seasoned with salt. Yummy and doesn't require time in the morning, you "salt" the salmon day before and it just stays in your fridge for days. :)

Buy fresh salmon, lets say about 200 gram. Cut it in pieces/portions. Season with about 2,5 teaspoons of sea salt and let it be in fridge for at least 12 hours. And enjoy.